Heat.

From just after 1pm yesterday, the rain came in and stayed on all night too. It wasn't heavy, just steady and prolonged. The river is up today but I have seen it a lot higher.

The rain ahs stopped for now but everywhere is soaked. It's not windy though, the skies are grey but look like they might clear. It's currently a chilly feeling 6°C.

A bit blowy this morning and just up into double figure (C). Showers just heavy enough to bother getting the waterproof out but had stopped by the time I actually got it on!!!

Ended up with a mixed bag, cloudy, dull and grey, sunny spells, windy, then not windy......... rinse and repeat. It stayed dry for most of the day though. I think we got up to about 8°C, currently 5°C and all is calm at the moment.

6°-C here at the moment and quite bright with broken cloud, gentle breeze that I understand is going to increase as the day goes on with possibly a bit of rain.

Last edited:
Raining, and has been for a few hours and it's set to continue into the afternoon. It's calm though and 7°C, although it does feel colder.

11°-C here at the moment, heavily overcast and very misty with just a gentle breeze and no rain just yet.

Raining, and has been for a few hours and it's set to continue into the afternoon. It's calm though and 7°C, although it does feel colder.

You're getting a serious amount of rain ,Dale. March has been the wettest month in 40 years across England following the driest February in 30 years.

March is the tenth month in a row with the highest temperatures world wide and warm air holds more moisture. For the UK March was the fourth wettest on record.

Last edited:
You're getting a sxerioius amount or rain ,Dale. March has been the wettest month in 40 years across England following the driest February in 30 years.

March is the tenth month in a row with the highest temperatures world wide and warm air holds more moisture. For the UK March was the fourth wettest on record.

Yes John, we've had a lot of rain here. I think it's much the same everywhere just now. The grass is growing too, that's going to be fun to cut.

Today, it's actually stopped raining, for now at least. It's quite blustery though but quite warm at 14°C.

Yes John, we've had a lot of rain here. I think it's much the same everywhere just now. The grass is growing too, that's going to be fun to cut.

Today, it's actually stopped raining, for now at least. It's quite blustery though but quite warm at 14°C.

I've corrected my typos... 'sxeruios'...Lol. Even reading over it doesn't guarantee you'll see typos.

Tomorrow is forecast to be a good day. My wife gave me £54 at Christmas for an annual subscription to Slimbridge WWT..just 9 miles from here and we've had the odd reasonable day since then but it's usually been raining , very dull (I don't like high ISOs)or very cold and I don't do cold anymore.. :D . but it looks like I can go tomorrow. There's a daily update on sightings.. https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/slimbridge/wildlife/latest-sightings/

£54 is excellent value. I can go as often as I like .For a non-member adult it's £17.22. and for 65+ it's £15.40. Go four times and that's my annual cost covered. Also, members can go in after 8.00am via a side gate to just one end of the site whereas non-members it's 0930. After 0930 I can go anywhere on the very large site. There are many hides to sit in .It's on the Severn Estuary.

Short sleeves on the course this morning, although that did include a fleece waistcoat! Took a waterproof jacket just to ensure that it stayed dry...

Mine lives on, mainly because it's "Climate Control" rather than AC so keeps the cabin at whatever temperature we choose (sides are separately controllable.)

Heavy rain again last night. It had been dry through the day but I was on my way to a recce when the first raindrops satrted hitting the windscreen. I wasn't dressed for heavy rain, and I was forced to head home. Grrrrr.

It rained heavily well into the early hours. It's currently dry though, very cloudy and 13°C.

I may give the grass a run over with the mower later, it's getting out of hand now.

Warm and dry enough yesterday evening for a few miles on Mrs Nod's bike. Sunny today but too much on for a proper ride out.

13°-C here at the moment, nice bright morning with a partly cloudy sky and a not too strong wind.

I went out to cut the grass, as I walked to the shed, the first rain drops hit my head. 2 1/2 hours in the hide happened instead.

The fence that came down in the storms though has reached a milestone this afternoon when the rain did stop. It's now completely dismantled and can now be rebuilt with fresh wood.

Currently heavy, dark clouds but not raining just now. Quite windy but a balmy 12°C.

Lovely and sunny today (so far!) Managed to do a couple of quick outdoor jobs that I've not got around to before.

12°-C here at the moment and a lovely bright morning with a light wind.

I've stopped snapping just now and I'm having some breakfast in my fav' greasy spoon before getting out again for a few hours. I understand it's going to get quite windy a bit later.

Beans with your brekkie, George?

Mrs Nod's off to see her Mum, so might slide out for a few miles on the bike.

It's not been a bad day, very windy but mainly dry and sunny. We did get a monster shower, I was down the river, glad I know for some shelter spots or I would've been drenched.

Quite a nice evening, still windy though and now 7°C.

10°-C here at the moment, quite a bright morning with the occasional glimpse of sunshine and a moderate breeze.

All down hill again from tomorrow,I see with wind gusts of 50mph down the whole of the west side. It remains what the Met Office calls 'unsettled' throughout the week until maybe Thursday when a High starts moving in from the west. Hopefully in time for a double-header steam loco train tour coming through here on Sunday. :)

With a lousy week in prospect I took advantage of today's warm,dry weather to mow the lawns and even the grass verges..ours and our neighbours. The council are not mowing for a while.They say it's because of wildlife. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24240791.new-forest-district-council-stopped-mowing-grass/

Maybe it is but being a cynic I do wonder if it's an excuse to save money. Our locallity is beginning to look neglected. All grassed areas/verges have been left unmown for weeks now. The ones I did were just those alongside the footpath .The 15m wide 'verge' across the other side of the road has grass about 2" high now,

Only 8°-C here this morning and very windy, few bright spells and some rain.

Last edited:
Bit breezy overnight - woke me up at about 02:00. Persisting with rain at breakfast time and now alternating between showers and sunshine.

I was sitting in the summerhouse at 4.00pm having a coffee. The wind was quite strong and every now and a gust came along. One of them was much more powerful (and noisier)han the others and actually rocked the summerhouse. Ten minutes later my wife came to me and told me about this. 15m from home. Right where those Voi hire scooters were on the footpath which I posted about in WAMT the other day.

Look at the left hand side and you'll see the orange colour of one of those Voi hire scooters. It should have been across the road where the other one is...by the bust-stop. There's a marked bay for them.

It was too late for the council to come out and remove it today but I expect they will attend tomorrow. If that thick bough had hit a child or a baby in a buggy or even an elderly person it could have caused serious injury,if not worse.

Tree.jpg

Tree Branch.jpg

Last edited:
Well. who would've thunk it? We got a frost last night. Not a heavy one but enough to make everything crunchy, cover the cars and also, the Bleeding Hearts that were budding look like they've been burned.

It's a beautiful, calm morning so far though, even got washing out, the best I've seen it for a while. Currently 6°C and climbing.

Pretty much the same as yesterday here, 8°-C and very windy with a few bright spells but no rain as yet.

It's been a very decent day, a little windy but dry and bright. Been around 9°C for most of the day, starting to drop now.

6°-C here this morning, quite bright with a light wind and no rain as yet.

It must be some kind of record, we've not had any rain for over 24 hours now. It's cold and cloudy though, a little breezy. 6°C.

2°C according to the car and it (the car) needed scraping. Gorgeous sunny morning though, so all sunnied up for the course later!

Quite a bit of rain overnight but stopped now. Currently 6°-C (but feels colder) with the occasional bright spell and still quite windy.

I was really hoping for some decent weather today as yesterday was nice, but we are back to miserable rain and overcast. Feels like spring is being completely bypassed here.

Back