Heat.

Rain due here in 11 minutes according to my weather app
grass shaved yesterday
Nothing predicted here for the coming week, looking at the map, its going to get pushed North East before it gets close.

29C here right now according to my watch. Like @Cobra said, it's the humidity that does it. Similar weather in Hong Kong and we'd just go down the road to the beach, take a dip, and go for a beer. Here, no beach, no dip, and no bloody beer in the house either!
BTW @Nod same here with our lawn; and we have ground-nesting bees in it to boot, apparently they don't sting but they don't like it up 'em with the mower!

Very warm here yesterday, a bit cooler today. About 11am, there was a tangible change to the atmosphere and the light dropped too, almost to the point of having to have lights on indoors.

It's raining and 14 degrees. For once, I don't mind.

Met Office says storms later.

IMG_3419 tp.jpg

Forecast is for thundery showers here in the north east, hope it clears the air as it has been stifling the last couple of days.

Can she bring that here as well?

Well, IF it had developed into real rain, it would be worth it but it was literally a dozen or so big drops on the conservatory roof. Lawn now mowed/mown and Sun back out!

No mining bees in our lawn but there are plenty in the sand-pits on the playground (bunkers on the g*lf course!). I take free relief on the grounds of dangerous animals - not been stung and not prepared to take the risk! Even if they don't sting, it's not fair to walk on their burrows IMO.

My Niece is off to Cuba tomorrow, says she’s looking forward to it being cooler. :LOL:

My Niece is off to Cuba tomorrow, says she’s looking forward to it being cooler. :LOL:
She's going to be disappointed,Dale. It's 32, 33C...every day with thunderstorms tomorrow and rain every day next week :D

Very warm here yesterday, a bit cooler today. About 11am, there was a tangible change to the atmosphere and the light dropped too, almost to the point of having to have lights on indoors.

It's raining and 14 degrees. For once, I don't mind.

Met Office says storms later.

View attachment 393584

That's a very nice place to live. Plenty of space. We have a High pressure over us down here and when the rain-bearing Lows come across the Atlantic.. as they are now.. they hit the High and are deflected up north around it.

We were in Switzerland at the beginning of June; in Interlaken it was 22-23C, however a visit to the Jungfraujoch brought the temperature down to 2-3C
We'll be at Lake Maggiore next week..28C now a..quite a lot of rain forecast this week .We'll take a boat trip along the lake to Locarno, Switzerland..really loooking forward to that trip.

Nothing predicted here for the coming week, looking at the map, its going to get pushed North East before it gets close.

We'll be at Lake Maggiore next week..28C now a..quite a lot of rain forecast this week .We'll take a boat trip along the lake to Locarno, Switzerland..really loooking forward to that trip.
I love the Italian Lakes, It was too warm for me in August (36C+) though.

The forecast in Switzerland 4 weeks ago was 18-19C with heavy showers & thunderstorms all week. We were quite glum about the forecast when we set off.

To our surprise, all we had were 2x 5 minute rain showers and one spell of about 30 seconds of thunder all week and the daytime temperature at the valley floor ranged between 22-24C. Pretty cool above 3000 metres though. The rotating restaurant (featured in a James Bond film) on the top of Schilthorn was an experience though.

I love the Italian Lakes, It was too warm for me in August (36C+) though.

The forecast in Switzerland 4 weeks ago was 18-19C with heavy showers & thunderstorms all week. We were quite glum about the forecast when we set off.

To our surprise, all we had were 2x 5 minute rain showers and one spell of about 30 seconds of thunder all week and the daytime temperature at the valley floor ranged between 22-24C. Pretty cool above 3000 metres though. The rotating restaurant (featured in a James Bond film) on the top of Schilthorn was an experience though.
We got hooked after staying at Lake Garda(north end, Malcesine) before Covid or we'd have gone back before now. Central Europe is experiencing a lot of Lows.I've watched the forecasts lately and then gone onto the live webcams and the forecasters have got it wrong quite often which can happen in mountainous regions. which have their own micro-climates.Also, Accuweather often differs from the Met Office. We were supposed to see TSs here today but nothing ,just very windy and very warm. I'm hoping to get TS's over the 10 days we're there as they are spectacular over the Lakes/Alps.

Low 20's cold out innit?
:D

Last edited:
Nifty wee site here to get a quick overview of live temperatures (and other measurements) around the world: LINK

Nifty wee site here to get a quick overview of live temperatures (and other measurements) around the world: LINK
I've been using that for years :)

Having a very pleasant time in Kos ... mostly 29-30C with a bit of breeze in the afternoons.

18°C here this morning - perfect for top down motoring!

18’C here at the moment, had some rain but the ground is still hard and the grass recovering, not cutting it, it’s getting left to grow a bit taller so the roots grow deeper and it does better in dry spells.

It's not that warm here today but it does feel it. Thermometer saying 21. Blue skies with some cloud. It feels heavy though.

Storms later apparently but nothing yet.

23oC here at the moment, very muggy, storms predicted through the day, just a brief one earlier though.

23oC here at the moment, very muggy, storms predicted through the day, just a brief one earlier though.

I do love a good storm.

There's a few about today, more or less right up the middle of England.

There's a few about today, more or less right up the middle of England.
According to the local map its supposed to be raining right now.
According to a wider map it's passing me on the left.
There are lots of storms around me, but nothing here :(

It's a very muggy 32 in Autun this afternoon - we had expected low 20s and rain the first few days - we had some rain while driving down yesterday. I'm not sure we'll be getting much work done on the house this week.

We were here in April, and it's amazing to see how low the rivers are compared to then. The area is on alert requiring people not to wash cars etc.

So much for the promised storm here today. At least I managed a few hours on the river.

I love a good storm.

Meteo.fr reckons 38 tomorrow. :oops: :$

Thought we did enough of that last year.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So much for the promised storm here today
Same here, a bit of thunder a shower or two and that was it.
Disappointed of MK :(

I'm in NW Scotland now and this morning at 7:30 it was 17C. Although it was windy all day until about 6:00pm it was uncomfortably humid.

Here was part of the area with a warning of thunderstorms but we have had nothing and it is, at about 8pm, 18C.

Dave

I'm in NW Scotland now and this morning at 7:30 it was 17C. Although it was windy all day until about 6:00pm it was uncomfortably humid.

Here was part of the area with a warning of thunderstorms but we have had nothing and it is, at about 8pm, 18C.

Dave

Currently 17 degrees here, SW Scotland. There are some storms around close by but nothing here.

'mon thunder.

We we had thunder and a little rain this morning, which made it really steamy. It's about 32 degrees at 5.49pm local time, blue skies and sunny. We're sat in the shade outside our front door. Id show you a picture but I can't upload from Firefox on Android any more.

Last edited:
It was 31C here today with 33/34C forecast,on some models,for tomorrow around 3.00pm with 42% humidity.(North Italy) . A thundery breakdown on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Last edited:
Had some thunder here today.

We had to stay inside at Lake Maggiore with temperatures at 33C on two days so when I heard that in a few days time temperatures in some parts of Italy (central and south) Turkey and Greece will hit mid-high 40s ,even 48C ,I realised how dangerous that will be. I see the Acropolis has been closed for the second day as temperatures reach 38C. I thought I'd misheard the 48C and it was really 38C but no,..here's a report on that.

I've been fixing a fence this last 3 days, one of them jobs I kept putting off. I checked the weather at the start of the past week for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, all looked good so I roped my bestie in (he works for beer) and we made a start.

Thursday, weather forecast was good, Friday a bit mixed with potential heavy showers. We didn't get a drop of rain (thankfully) and Saturday was to be a washout, a yellow warning for thunderstorms but again, next to no rain and nothing that stopped us.

Today was supposed to be fair but it's blowing a gale and intermittent showers.

On all 3 days, it was muggy, it wasn't the rain that drenched me.................. and getting in the (cool) shower when work was done for the day was bliss.

The weather forecast over 3 days was way off, it literally changed from hour to hour but stayed dry (mostly).

Last edited:
Back