Hertsmans 2018 52....Rural/Bright/Elegant/Derelict added

Some fab shots there :)

Synthetic looks like a hand grabbing the ring.

Ok, Im going to keep going for now and see how things pan out....
Another 4 theme catch up from me, and some are a not really what I wanted, but it was these or call it a day....

I know the lighting in Rural and Derelict is harsh, but I cant change that sadly......

Rural...

Rural by Mark P, on Flickr

Rural 2...

Rural2 by Mark P, on Flickr

Bright...

Edinburgh-14 by Mark P, on Flickr

Elegant...little hunter....

bwc-26 by Mark P, on Flickr

Derelict....old tanker trailer

Derelict by Mark P, on Flickr

Rural 2, like this shot, it is to me what makes up the UK countryside the small finds and depictions of rural life rather than the grand vista's. I like the framing and composition with good control of the exposure. The summer of 2018 pictures will record the harsh light and scorched earth we have had this summer, with more yellows and browns than greens. IMHO

Bright, no Idea what it is or how you have taken the shot but I like it and it fits the theme very well.

Elegant, I cannot critique this, it is excellent I would love to get that kind of shot.

Derelict, again spot on theme and showing the summer how it has been this year, like it alot.

Lovely little Elegant critter :)

Mark

Rural 1
Nice enough Image, I don't mind the harsh light, not keen on the police notice on the gate, perhaps it could have been straightened, or shot from the other side. People walking are too close to the top of the gate.
Rural 2
Do not find much to be interesting. The tree banches encroach too much onto the barn, the light as you know is too harsh. The exposure of the foreground hay is good, but the tin barn does not do anything for me.

Bright
Whatever it is, it is bright. Nice curve going on.

Elegant
Well caught, foreground a bit overexposed but could be cropped out. Good focus and detail. Nice colours and DOF.

Derelict
Too much foreground, could have a better image if you got close and the tanker was more of an angle.

Pete

Four good takes on the themes, Mark. I especially like Bright, which is a riot of bold colours and well exposed, and the curious pose and expression of the wee critter in Elegant.

I agree with Pete that Derelict would take a small crop and not lose anything, but it's a good subject for the theme and also shows how dry the summer has been.

Hi Mark,

Rural - I think Rural 2 for me, due to the use of the trees to frame the subject. It's certainly a rural barn (and not a conversion to apartments!). Quite a range of tones in there too.

Bright - Lovely find. Who doesn't like a bit of neon :) What is it? Some kind of art installation?
The only thing I find a bit odd about it is that it's not symmetrical, but it looks like it's not supposed to be.

Elegant - Not sure on this, nice picture of the ferret, but it doesn't really say elegant to me.
Can't complain about it as a portrait of teh little critter, great sharpness on the face.

Derelict - Ah but is it really derelict? It looks like it is probably still in use as a bowser. I don't think it needs a crop, it places it in it's environment.

Back