High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Hi Glenn,good question, i
seems I have options around 200 400 480 and 600,for a gemini this is not good lol,
if i want 600 I'm going to have to spend a lot compared to 400 and 200 i guess so lets say 400 would be nice but i could live with 200,
if it was going to be my only camera i would go 600 though.

FZ1000 has faster focussing and longer but slower lens. It has better video than the RX10 I but possibly not better than the RX10 II. The Sony feels better in the hand (IMHO). If you're likely to use off-camera flash then Sony has a lot more options than Panasonic.

Last edited:
Sony RX10 iii

SON08048-Edit_zpssqyhi5ot.jpg

SON08182-Edit_zpszdkcdbfr.jpg

Few from the concert One Love - nothing amazing but we were very very far back so quite happy with these - plus that I managed to smuggle it in!

IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG

Go on then, who are they? Must be famus cus I don't recognise them (Except the young lass on her own).

I was in John Lewis at the weekend when I spotted a RX10iii in the reduced cabinet for £1199 with their 2 year warranty , it has a 35 day return on it so I thought why not give it a try , then found out there's £150 cashback on it as well so at £1050 if it's as good as I hope it's going to be I might be keeping it.

A slightly better raw shot of the egret.. may just be me thinking the grass is greener, but i keep thinking the cropping potential is rather limited with this.. may just be me excoecitngthe world! Original and cropped version below :)

Great snaps. I look back to the days when I had my Sony RX10 with fond memories.

Seriously considering the rx10 iii, the d7200 would have to go but I feel the all in one package would be far more convenient, anyone done similar and regretted it or glad they did?

Seriously considering the rx10 iii, the d7200 would have to go but I feel the all in one package would be far more convenient, anyone done similar and regretted it or glad they did?

I got rid of all of my m4/3 kit for thr RX10 iii with no regrets at all. It's £1249 at the moment.

got rid of my nikon d610 and lenses for the rx10 mkiii the carry around of all the kit was getting weighty

I bought the original RX10 as a travel camera. After a year I found I hadn't used my D7100 at all so I sold it. I now have an RX10 III instead although analysis of the EXIF data shows that at most 10% of the shots are over 200mm. I have also added an a6300 to the collection but basically as a studio camera for very specific uses, with a very restricted set of lenses - I only went for Sony rather than Nikon as I had loads of suitable batteries and flashes but GAS is forcing me to fight the desire to replace the a6300 with an a7R or a7R II....

Back