HOLGA tastic... Show us your TOY CAMERA pics...:-)

Edit My Images
No
Well... may be not quite fantastic but it is really not too bad for a toy with a plastic lens at any rate... :D

Not really looking for critique as they are nothing special but please feel free to comment away... :p

1. Last year I invested in bought one of these... :eek:

Holga_-_120_CFN.jpg

Don't you just :love: that colour... :naughty:

I didn't rush out to play straight away as it did scare me a bit... but I did take it to Skye in June last year... :shrug: ...

... and here are the results returned just this week from my first use of Peak Imaging... (y)

2. Through the conservatory reflection and all...

Holga_3.jpg

3. Across the Loch...

Holga_4.jpg

4. From the garden...

Holga_5.jpg

And from Blakeney in June this year...

5. An indoor mono...

Holga_6.jpg

And finally...

6. An outdoor mono...

Holga_7.jpg

Just a bit of fun really but a surprisingly pleasing all round result imhgo... :D

:p

image 3 is stunning!! nice colour camera too :)

image 3 is stunning!! nice colour camera too :)

:LOL:

Why thank you and thank you Dave... :confused:

Although I'm not sure we can be looking at the same picture... :naughty:

It really surprises me how good this thing can be... :thinking: ...just imagine it in the hands of someone who can actually take photographs... :D

Those aren't actually that bad ;)

I'm liking them V, 2 & 5 stand out for me nice vignetting too.

The colour matches your avatar so all good me thinks

Quite like the last one, it's got a very retro feel to it. What do you recon, should we have a 'Show us you Holga shots' thread? or just add them to this thread?

Those aren't actually that bad ;)

Thanx Mark... (y)

I'm liking them V, 2 & 5 stand out for me nice vignetting too.

The colour matches your avatar so all good me thinks

Cheers VM... ;) ... and do you know I hadn't noticed, but you're so right... :cautious:

Quite like the last one, it's got a very retro feel to it. What do you recon, should we have a 'Show us you Holga shots' thread? or just add them to this thread?

Thank you Hawker... ;) ... and please do... (y) ... although I think there may have been something similar in the dim and distant I would like to see some updates from the novelty/toy camera group... :LOL:

Let's geddum up here then... :D

theres an idea, holga and lomo thread!

can i start it, pretty please?! (y)

as for the pictures, i love them. nice retro feel to them and the monos are great.

theres an idea, holga and lomo thread!

can i start it, pretty please?! (y)

as for the pictures, i love them. nice retro feel to them and the monos are great.

I reckon it's too late OFP... :cautious: ... we've already started it... :D

And thank you muchly... (y)

So can we expect to see yours here sometime soon... :cautious:

Well in that case, here are few from me :) These are from the propper roll I've had back, and I'm quite impressed, considering it's a pretty ugly lump of plastic. Now all I need to do is order in some more film :)

3922366079_f4fff69f0e.jpg

3923151362_ffac5c6dfc.jpg

3923151208_49d86b3c9c.jpg

3922366665_00d5fa96fa.jpg

I know the horizon is way off on the sea one, with these I've decided not to 'photoshop' to them, just a quick resize from the scanned photos :)

Well in that case, here are few from me :) These are from the propper roll I've had back, and I'm quite impressed, considering it's a pretty ugly lump of plastic. Now all I need to do is order in some more film :)

Wowsa... :eek: ... and I thought mine were halfway decent... :cautious: ... they are stunning by comparison Hawker... (y)

Looking forward to this running on and on... :D

Great pics guys! Ive just sent off 8 rolls today to be processed, so I'll post a few when I get them back. I figure there must be atleast 2 or 3 useable ones from 8 rolls! :LOL:

Great pics guys! Ive just sent off 8 rolls today to be processed, so I'll post a few when I get them back. I figure there must be atleast 2 or 3 useable ones from 8 rolls! :LOL:

lol I know that feeling, for me there were a few 'non exposed' shots on the film, must have been times when I couldn't rememeber if I wound on or not so wound anyway. Oh, an loosing a few shots to light (three I think) when the back fell of the camera, oops.

edit; Cheers all :)

You would think so KB... :cautious: ... where'd you send your fillums too... :shrug:

il upload some of mine soon, what you want? fisheye? diana? cheap plastic fantastic? :LOL:

Who cares... :shrug: ... get them all up m8... :LOL:

Scan of B&W print.

That's really lovely Mohain... (y) ... amazing quality shot... ;)

This is shaping up to be an interesting thread and I, for one, am really looking forward to seeing loads more from your toys... :D ...

...might even load mine up with fillum again... :naughty:

Considering a camera is only as good as it's lens, not bad at all! better than I would have expected, though I wont be rushing off to buy one.

Nigel.

ooh this is bad I want a holga but cant really afford the cost :-(

Shouldn't of opened this thread

I knew it would be an expensive piece of kit :)

You guys are like the pushy drug dealers, "just have a little bit of holga, come on youll love it its cheap!" then you get that and you start itching for something harder "if only i just had a more professional medium format camera" next thing you know your up to your eye balls in gear!

hahah

You guys are like the pushy drug dealers, "just have a little bit of holga, come on youll love it its cheap!" then you get that and you start itching for something harder "if only i just had a more professional medium format camera" next thing you know your up to your eye balls in gear!

:LOL:

Only difference is we don't get a cut... :cautious:

And anyway... :shrug: ... why should we be the only ones up to our eyeballs... :naughty:

I don't have a scanner, how much are we talking for film, and then the cost of developing and scanning?

Loads of peeps on TP seem to do their own P & P and scanning Alex... :shrug:

I'm a lazy git and have just had my last lot done by Peak Imaging... to process and scan to CD costs around £14.95 for a roll of 120... ;)

I have not carried out an extensive search for alternatives as I wanted to try Peak out but next time I may look around a bit... :D

There are already one or two threads on the subject on the forae though... :thinking:

HTH... ;)

EDIT... just checked fleabay and you can pick up rolls of 120 for a couple of squids depending on what you want... :cautious:

You would think so KB... :cautious: ... where'd you send your fillums too... :shrug:

I'm a lazy git and have just had my last lot done by Peak Imaging... to process and scan to CD costs around £14.95 for a roll of 120... ;)

Jesus thats pricey, I hear they do good work ***.

I sent them to Spectrum Imaging in Newcastle. I havn't used these guys before but according to their website they know what their doing. The price they charge is unbelievable ***, £6 for processing, 4" prints and scan onto cd!

Now I dont know what quality they'l be but I'll let you know, it seems almost too good to be true cos their about half the price anyone else charges. I know the scan is only 1024 x 1024 but it should be good enough for flickr etc

If they turn out to be good, you can thank me later :LOL:

Thanx KB... (y) ... will have to check them out... :D

Sounds logical to me to only get 1024s as I have so many duff shots it does seem illogical to pay good money to ditch them... :cautious: ... any really decent ones could then be individually scanned at better quality if you need to... :shrug:

This one is in the most recent issue of Light Leaks (taken with a Diana)

3295940914_4a3629e4a3_o.png

More Diana..

3931586714_c48ae80f36_o.png

3300710622_3745b994cb_o.png

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye with flipped lens

3669231195_cb960dc9ef_o.png

I really, really like all of those HGB... (y) ... the merry-go-round horse just leaps out at you and says wtf are you looking at with that toy camera... :LOL:

And excuse my ignorance but what is the 'flipped lens' reference on the last... :shrug:

I really, really like all of those HGB... (y) ... the merry-go-round horse just leaps out at you and says wtf are you looking at with that toy camera... :LOL:

And excuse my ignorance but what is the 'flipped lens' reference on the last... :shrug:

With a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye you can open it up and flip the lens around for maximum blur :cool:

Here's a link to the Flickr group

http://www.flickr.com/groups/browniehawkeyeflash

Got my films back from Spectrum and all I can say is that their average. There were quite a few scratches on the films that are visable on the scans and the 4x4 prints were printed on 4x6 photo paper so they have a 1"border than need cutting off. The also only printed and scanned 4 films as the other 4 were shot in 6x12 panaramas and they said they couldnt scan them even though I phoned them and they said they could.

Theres a few examples:

Theres a few more here if anyone is interested:

Holga Adventures

Back