HOLGA tastic... Show us your TOY CAMERA pics...:-)

That's a great set KB... (y) ... really liking the double exposure... ;)

Sorry to hear about your experience of Spectrum though... :shrug:

The Flickr pics make for the rest of an enjoyable set too m8... :D

You'll be hooked then... :cautious:

:p

Thanks Venomator!

I suppose spectrum arent too bad when you concider the price, I wouldnt get prints from them again though.

I'm a bit annoyed that they told me on the phone that they could do 6x12 though, even though they gave me £10 credit note to cover the scans/prints they didnt do, I now hav 24 negatives with no way of viewing them:annoyed:

I like the images but I'm not sure about all the lens distortion I'm getting, i dont think I've seen Holga photos with so much distorsion! There's an awful lot at the bottom but not much at the top so it makes the images look a bit unbalanced

I like the images but I'm not sure about all the lens distortion I'm getting, i dont think I've seen Holga photos with so much distorsion! There's an awful lot at the bottom but not much at the top so it makes the images look a bit unbalanced

But isn't that the charm of the Holga and cameras of that ilk, like the Lomo for instance... :shrug:

I think so anyhow... :D

Clacker...:D

atvfnr.jpg

:eek: ... wowsa KB... there is nothing at all wrong with ANY of those and everything right with them... :clap: ... they are super images m8... (y)

Thanks!

I totally love the images that camera makes, much more than the 120N. Since I got those scans back, its been the only cam I've used and I've got 2 more films ready to be developed! :LOL:

wel it was worth a try...:LOL:

So is a Holga... :D

If anyone hasn't given it a go yet you should try it at least once afore you depart this world... :cautious:

And if you have tried it good on yer... (y) ...now let's see the results then... :naughty:

Sorry it's been a while, I haven't got much spare cash to spend on film and developing, but here is a selection from my latest film (a few hours spent walking round my local park).

4060392425_9363206a67.jpg

4061135618_0704a8de78.jpg

4060393013_3e2f16369f.jpg

4061136036_6c4e0dae71.jpg

4060393521_b80f924d04.jpg

Hope you like them (I'm fairly happy with them) :)

Sorry it's been a while, I haven't got much spare cash to spend on film and developing, but here is a selection from my latest film (a few hours spent walking round my local park).
Hope you like them (I'm fairly happy with them) :)

That's the beauty you don't need to think about it with these shooters... :D ... and I DO like all of that sequence Hawker... (y)

Taken on my holga last year or so I think.

Beautiful sky you've captured there... :clap:

creepy weird double exp....:shrug:

Isn't that the great thing about them though Jox... :shrug: ... you never know what you're going to get... :D

Thanx a lot for sharing your work guys... :clap:

How have you managed without one... :eek:

Depends what you go for as with anything else... :shrug:

Mine is this one... Holga CFN 120...

Holga_-_120_CFN.jpg

The kit goes for up to £65 or so now... ;)

But check around for what you want and then search for best price... :cautious:

After reading through the whole topic :eek:ops: I saw that one link to Ebay, that is for £15?

I have a "scanner" i.e a conventional desktop paper scanner, would this do the job of scanning the film, or is it a dedicated film scanner I need?

I have a "scanner" i.e a conventional desktop paper scanner, would this do the job of scanning the film, or is it a dedicated film scanner I need?

You would need a 'proper' scanner I believe... :shrug:

But I'm a lazy git and I get mine scanned when I have the fillum developed... :cautious:

So i'm planning on buying this tomorrow now

Welcome to the club... :D ... well nearly... ;)

Hate to admit this, but i've never really used a proper film camera

And after you've bought into the Holga scene you still won't have... :LOL:

(used the automatic film cameras in the late 90's, where you just press the shutter and take the roll to tesco) but what film do i need to buy for the camera? and where can I get it processed?

120 rolls and you can get them in B & W as well as colour... :shrug: ...plenty of sellers on the Flea... :cautious:

A lot of guys here do their own processing but, as I said earier, I'm really a lazy git and send all my fillum stuff to Peak Imaging and get them to scan to CD for me as well... ;)

There are other firms and if you search under the Film forum you will find a few different threads on the topic... :D

Enjoy... ;)

08.gif

Peak imaging for colour process and scan to cd - as for black and white, only place i've used was Ilford which were brilliant, but expensive compared to home processing.

That's the sort of stuff Wigs... (y)

120 is indeed the size of the fillum... ;) ...and depending on format you can get 12 or 16 images as standard out of a roll... :shrug:

To process you will need to pick others brains as I don't do it but a simple dark bag for transferring the fillum into a developing tank, where you can then put the necessary developing chemicals in daylight means you can get away without a darkroom for that part of the process... :thinking:

Good luck... :D

on 120 film you'd get 12 exposures with the 6x6cm frame in the camera or 16 exposures with the 6x4.5cm frame. Medium format has all sorts of wierd shapes, and therefore it's difficult to quote a no. of exposures per roll...

The film you linked to is the correct format to fit the camera, colour print film. Other options would be colour slide or black and white

Okay, I bought it :D.

I just opted for the bog standard 120N model.
Also bought some film: "FUJI SUPERIA 400 5 NEG FILMS"

Coming from Hong Kong so will probably take a week to come, but I can't wait :p.

I quite agree. I guess some might like to have the digital flexibility though.

Hey :welcome: to TP Das... (y) ... hope you enjoy your stay with us... :D

And WE can't wait to see the results from your 135bc... :naughty:

08.gif

thanks for the warm welcome, it's coming from hong kong and should be here by the next day or two.:)

i am also curious about the reason why i am not able to open any new posts in the classified forum, i'm quite desperate for some cash:LOL:

thanks for the warm welcome, it's coming from hong kong and should be here by the next day or two.:)

i am also curious about the reason why i am not able to open any new posts in the classified forum, i'm quite desperate for some cash:LOL:

Did you order film as well :).
And you can't post in the classified until 30 days membership, and 100 posts (I believe)

holy crxp, thats a long wait XD

no i didnt order any films, do you guys happen to know where i can get my slide film cross processed ( e to c) around the country?

I found one on ebay offering 10pounds per roll, and another offering 23pounds ( i was like wtf?) , but yeah, i kinda want it cheaper if possible.

My holga finally arrived today! :D

(Just thought I'd keep you updated)

So - afternoon out shooting BnW, hour or so to soup them after dinner, overnight drying, scans tomorrow morning - we'll look out for your postings tomorrow after lunch then...:naughty:

Back