HOLGA tastic... Show us your TOY CAMERA pics...:-)

I hope you don't mind me posting these images here because they weren't taken with a holga. However, just like yourselves I have been addicted to taking these type of images lately. I hope you like them, and can you guess what camera I used? (not photoshop btw)

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I hope you don't mind me posting these images here because they weren't taken with a holga. However, just like yourselves I have been addicted to taking these type of images lately. I hope you like them, and can you guess what camera I used? (not photoshop btw)

iPhone 3GS Chris... :cautious:

:p

Can i share my random 120 holga pics?

Had it over a year now but have only shot a had full of rolls. Been getting them developed/printed at the local jessops but it's quite expensive and it takes em an ageto do. I plan to get some cheap B&W film soon and invest in a good negative scanner for some diy fun, also the school where i work has a little dark room so i may be able to use that after hours too;)
Anyway, the pics. Some quality/colour has been lost with these scans and i can figure out how to make them smaller but here we go........

giants.jpg

giantscausway.jpg

ire.jpg

party.jpg

picnic.jpg

I'd go for the basic 120N to be honest - good old plastic fantastic blob lens, and no flash etc. to go wrong. At the price they're selling 'em i'd doubt that they'll have a film included, never mind pre-loaded! It's easy enough to do though.

Ok, I am thinking of getting the one with flash, though I prefer natural light.

A couple of quick questions. Is it preloaded with film? It does not say on the site. I love the description and that you will not really know what you get lol....
light leaks, distortion, vignetting, etc (y):LOL:

Which one should I get?

I'd go for the basic 120N to be honest - good old plastic fantastic blob lens, and no flash etc. to go wrong. At the price they're selling 'em i'd doubt that they'll have a film included, never mind pre-loaded! It's easy enough to do though.

Agree with the BY there Javier... (y) ...although I did get the Flash version and it does add another dimension with the colour options... :D

And it's not gone wrong yet and does have the same plastic fantastic lens... ;)

It's normal 120 film loading style matey... although I think you can use 35mm but never saw the point tbh... :shrug:

Like another poster on here i don't own one of these holgas but I do own an old digital PnS camera with (I think) a dying sensor, and it makes for some rather interesting pictures.

TowerBridge.jpg

Note how the tones in the sky are off,

CentralControlRoom1stvisit.jpg

And again; in situations where the light isn't absolutely perfect, the camera produces quite grainy results, with colour that looks to me almost like out of date film. The camera is slowly getting worsethough so unfortunately it won't be of use for much longer I don't think...

Heres a few more to keep the thread going:

On that last shot, I'm really surprised by how sharp the tower came out. On the full size picture you can make out all the individual stones, not bad for plastic :LOL:

Tried my Holga 120 WPC for the first time today. Didn't realise I was winding half-frame each time until it was too late.

Heres a few more to keep the thread going:

On that last shot, I'm really surprised by how sharp the tower came out. On the full size picture you can make out all the individual stones, not bad for plastic :LOL:

Excellent series as usual KB... (y) ...and how true that a bit of plastic can provide both exceptional results as well as totally surprising accidents... :D

Tried my Holga 120 WPC for the first time today. Didn't realise I was winding half-frame each time until it was too late.

A great example of why these cameras are so well loved and have a habit of coming up with pleasing unintentional results... (y)

damn you lot !!!

can see myself ordering one of these before the sun sets (figuratively speaking)

anyone here tried the GN version with the glass lens, rather than the "plastic blob" ? Just wondered if they shared the "look" - I know they'll have the unpredictability/light-leaks/tendency to double exposure etc, but maybe just a wee bit sharper :shrug:

These ones from the pervious page are from a GFN. The lens seems very sharp in the centre and quite soft and diffuse (not sure if thats the right word lol) in the corners, you can really see it in the 2nd and 4th shots. There also doesn't seem to be much vignetting.

Finally got a few more to add to the pool!

Got a few B&W films processed at Jessops, took 2 weeks(!) to get the back but the print quality is amazing so I'm really pleased.

These are the first few that I scanned using the scanner in the Uni library and it makes them look like crap really. They all came out a wierd grey and theres "stippling" on the scans that I guess came from the texture on the paper.

Managed to reset the black point but the stippling is here to stay, it doesn't look too bad in the thumbnails but you can really notice it in the full size view of the 2nd one

Been a while since I posted so I forgot how to post the bigger pics :LOL:

Heres a couple more from the same batch:

Any better? :p

P.S As always theres a few more on my flickr for those who are interested

Ive got a CGFN arriving in a week or so that you might be able to have. No idea what condition its in though, it looks like it may have had a rewind mod (if it has, I'm keeping it lol)

Well the 120GN landed this morning, took it out for an initial roll of film this afternoon and the neg's are hanging up to dry 'till the morning when I'll scan 'em and have a proper look. Managed to avoid unintentional double exposures, though I did shoot the first frame with the lens cap on, then wind on before noticing :LOL:

Guess the next step's shooting some Velvia and cross processing it to have something genuine to enter for this months POTY competition.

Here we go then - third frame off the reel :)

1)

Ilford FP4+, Ilfosol 3, 1+14, Scanned on a Canoscan 8800F with Silverfast SE. Pretty much as it came off the scanner, apart from tidying off the film rebate and adding a border.

Edit - here's a couple more...

2)

3)

3 illustrates the problem was having with the viewfinder... the bloke in the High Vis Vest was just cropped out of frame camera left, with the distant horizon on the lower third :wacky:

Here we go then - third frame off the reel :)
]

3)

3 illustrates the problem was having with the viewfinder... the bloke in the High Vis Vest was just cropped out of frame camera left, with the distant horizon on the lower third :wacky:

I like this image. I did not realize there was a possible view finder problem with these cams. Well, just more of the charm. I am just about finished with my first roll. :)

Lol, the viewfinder really is rubbish as an aid to composition!

Back