Holga, Toy, Charity Shop, Car Boot and other Bargains (film only please)

Well I ordered one plus some fillum to take advantage of the free postage. Got an email saying, out of stock, sorry we had to cancel your meter order. So I replied saying, cancel the film (not wanting to get stung for postage for order now under £50)... and got a reply saying they'd found some more stock, the fillum already on its way and the meter to come later!

The coronet that I bought new in my teens was better looking ;)

coronetpopular_12.jpg

Picked this up for £3 in a charity shop, cleaned the glass, cleaned and glued the mirror back down and it's pretty much mint. Give it a run tomorrow.

IMG_20151119_34240
by steveo_mcg on Talk Photography
I recently bought one for a stonking fiver. Looked mint, in it's box, with manual, but it did need a bit of oil on the shutter mechanism.

20972335514_893dab15f0.jpg

A roll of Shanghai gave me these:

20999999174_33222a5f9e.jpg

21061844124_1b869bf77b.jpg

20998122383_fc04b5dc6d.jpg

er... it was just before Halloween by the looks of it.

Charity shop find in Cowbridge. I only bought it because it has the original Nikon l37 UV filter on it, and I thought that might be worth the £3, but apparently this has a very well regarded lens on it. Haven't found out if it works, yet.

DSCF6139.JPG

Well I have a few Nikon AF compacts and they have good lenses that give a sharp picture........in fact in that era Canon, Minolta etc all made decent lenses for their compacts, never rated their zooms much though.

Try pressing on the two arms that lock it open and they should move and allow the front to fold back on the hinges and close.

OK......The camera front door is being held open by the two silver arms at 45 degrees to the body and the door. You will see that the arms have a slot in the middle and a larger round hole at one end. That larger hole is to lockmit it closed there is another one at the other end that you cannot see. Press down on the arms and they sould move a little to allow them to slide back as you close the door. It should take very little pressure to get them to unlock......

OK......The camera front door is being held open by the two silver arms at 45 degrees to the body and the door. You will see that the arms have a slot in the middle and a larger round hole at one end. That larger hole is to lockmit it closed there is another one at the other end that you cannot see. Press down on the arms and they sould move a little to allow them to slide back as you close the door. It should take very little pressure to get them to unlock......

Thanks, I get what you mean now. Will try that tomorrow (camera has been left there for now, didn't want to transport it while it was open).

My auntie got this for me from a car boot last year, but I put it in a cupboard and forgot about it. Given my recent success with car boot compacts, I dug it out, and it seems pretty interesting. The "dl" is dual lens, 35mm and 50mm, and apparently it has a 52cm close-focus, which is pretty good for a compact. I've put some batteries in it, and have some moderate hopes for it.

DSCF6257.JPG

Another day, another two car-boot compacts - Olympus AZ-200, Canon Megazoom 105. Some research says these are both highly-regarded - the Canon was top of their SureShot compact range, apparently. More test rolls are on the horizon.

DSCF6266.JPG

Well at the bootie a Nikon digi camera would have been handy to check out a Sigma AF 70-300 APO f5.6-f4....haggling I reckon I could have got it for £12-£15...so what did I get? well a bit bored so bought a Fujica MPF 105X with clean fuji 50mm f1.9 lens for £1 just to play with as it has seized.
The mirror was originally up, so put batteries in and with the bottom plate off got the mirror down and it fired but the mirror won't return so gave up and it's now for spare screws.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this morning I got up and went out to wash the car. Hanging on the door handle was a black bin bag! With a little trepidation I slowly opened the bag which was reasonably heavy to find a note and set of books and this

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459669403.999983.jpgImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459669440.013112.jpgImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1459669451.112906.jpg

Need to do some research as never heard of one before but it looks to be in very good condition

So this morning I got up and went out to wash the car. Hanging on the door handle was a black bin bag! With a little trepidation I slowly opened the bag which was reasonably heavy to find a note and set of books and this

View attachment 61026View attachment 61027View attachment 61028

Need to do some research as never heard of one before but it looks to be in very good condition
Always a danger when you find a hanging black bag with something heavy inside, you were lucky you've got a cracker there, lovely little camera it could have been so much worse, it could have been a been a bag of Canons.

Always a danger when you find a hanging black bag with something heavy inside, you were lucky you've got a cracker there, lovely little camera it could have been so much worse, it could have been a been a bag of Canons.

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

About to have a proper look at it now the cars washed

There's a charity shop in Swindon where I did very well. A couple of years ago, I found an excellent condition Canon TLb with the 50mm f1.8 for a massive £18...

16339710718_4ae2487363_b.jpg

I was really pleased with the quality it could produce, even when processed and scanned by Boots...

26371574545_8c1f48e688_b.jpg

Last year, I picked up a Canon Eos 500 with the 28-80 EF lens for a very reasonable £10...

16776203562_188f429207_b.jpg

Loaded with FP4, this combination is also capable of producing very pleasing images...

16810201675_09ea2dd42e_b.jpg

Well today I got a centon 500mm mirror lens with an m42 adapter on for a fiver. I can put it on any of my bodies cos I've got an m42 to EOS adapter. I'm going to have a mess about trying to get doughnut shaped bokeh when the sun comes out.

Well today I got a centon 500mm mirror lens with an m42 adapter on for a fiver. I can put it on any of my bodies cos I've got an m42 to EOS adapter. I'm going to have a mess about trying to get doughnut shaped bokeh when the sun comes out.

Won't that Mirror Lens be around F8 and a little hard to get a good bokeh at that aperture ?

Free darkroom bits & bobs ?
On a website I use called Sphock (its like a second hand for sale site) a guy is giving away a box of darkroom bits and bobs free collected.
It is at Londonthorpe,near Grantham so no where near me, but I hoping someone on here my live near and be some use to them
this is the link

If this should not be here please move admin, but thought it maybe some use to someone close.

Last edited:
Back