Holga, Toy, Charity Shop, Car Boot and other Bargains (film only please)

Well haven't found anything decent at the bootie this year well for me, but there were a fed and Voightlander for you guys....anyway bored at not getting anything and bought an excellent XD11 with 50mm f1.4 for £15 (h'mm that I don't need)...strange that the owner fitted a hood but no strap.

Canon EOS 5 , no lens at the boot sale , £5
Had to order a battery so don't know if it works yet :eek:

A VG buy if it works....I keep looking out for the EOS 3 as I have the kit lens with a EOS 300...I don't need any more cameras but would be nice to play with at the cost of a pint of beer.

A VG buy if it works....I keep looking out for the EOS 3 as I have the kit lens with a EOS 300...I don't need any more cameras but would be nice to play with at the cost of a pint of beer.

You should have you're own ebay shop reselling your boot sale, you'd get a nice supliment to your pension scheme.

RIP EOS 5 , its dead :(

RIP EOS 5 , its dead :(
Now you'll have to find another camera that takes the same battery, back to the boot sale

Since this is the toy camera thread, I think this is possibly the right place to stick this gem I spotted (and bought) at the Devon County Show this afternoon.
I had already chosen one of their salami selection then spotted this product and HAD to buy it, even if it was just for the photo opportunity!
Already posted in the funnies thread in OOF but I know some people don't visit that area so am sharing it here as well...

DSCF4443.JPG DSCF4445.JPG

Please note that I'm not averse to Lomos - I used to have one until the East Devon postal vortex allegedly swallowed it...

Bloody brilliant.... and a bargain as well.

Much as I enjoyed my Lomo camera, it did end up costing me £200 or so... It was the fisheye version and after running a few films through it, I decided to look for (and found!) a 2nd hand 8mm Sigma. The £4 the Spanish style ham cost me was a much better investment and far tastier.

Yet more car-boot finds from my auntie. A MJU 1 and a MJUII Zoom 80 probably the gems, but this is the most interesting - a very solid 110-film rangefinder with an f2 lens. It came complete with a partially used film, so I'll probably finish that off and hope for the best with getting it processed.

s7D8yjqbIiWYjOnDBBbmwW7AIP3tlwkhTLp7XISLbi1gxzwLTHwzYbCUxJh0xQAKXqJhR_139RL4JgzgZ290e1ArL1bXR7Rc1z7DGrB4kflTcoSZ-LWi27TY4za9s84vdbLKB1hBy4XWE0IjsZi0qziY5GrvgGM0vmUsEQXT4oXeISyXoG9yXMAOzyBhup9r29PHZPhvTWKvQdQtNkNS3tClyq1STHeendSwU5XffmXgIy4vlmMX-YOCBrxTq7yuFvTDzYdiSpeGJfCgbxkQJl3blUraYff-XxshnraKYXJbG5tO4wIJfbIOiOunP8GX6ODVUce9lNrLWVpBB4uQUCX6aSs0hYChH1dtxmuIPgXkF1hXErbw5DH7kgOGjd5Azcf-8CC-aEJLQRAfRjLmI93XeUqkGKC5rcAwSlpaq6SUzinCL8L_fykvAwVUMzO2sigLh-3UIPDn_m4kvbceF4e7Hfc5Uio3SAX9WNY82dIDPDl8bXPn3AzBGHsLPeCN8_pkBbpafRcXAdlbQoiTiGF7-fSKcdYPkNg43PgLJZODdp60OWmGedu-A-9U2oiHpaD2SCoVoqHR3E2J00QQyNOXk0o2S6Q=w1680-h945-no

Well something to do with photography as I use my motorcycle to go around taking shots...at the bootie picked up a £300 Re'vit racing jacket (yanno elbows and shoulder protection) for £15...mind you, looks a bit of an odd combo on my 250cc non racing motorbike.:rolleyes:
Also F65 with Nikkor 50mm AF lens maybe could have got it for £25.....if I have two Nikkor 50mms non af lenses I couldn't see the point of the AF lens, so passed.

Last edited:
Today's car bootie bargain. No great quality but a nice reminder of my own first camera for a quid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2176.JPG IMG_2177.JPG IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2179.JPG IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2176.JPG IMG_2177.JPG IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2179.JPG So it would appear having an extra day off has cost me £10 found this Voigtlander Vito CL in a charity shop in town.

Case is damaged on the top corner but it was still in the box with the paperwork!

Car boot in Epson yesterday morning brought a mint Olympus XA2 for £2 (hope it works!) and a bagful of M42 stuff for £20 (I should have haggled, but I'm far too British) - Zenit body, Super-Takumar 28mm and 135mm, Helios 44M, no-name 35mm, Super-Paragon zoom, extension tubes, teleconverters, and a couple of those wacky multivision filters that make everything look like Top of the Pops from the 1970s. Think I'll put the body on eBay and treat myself to a decent M42 body - a Spotmatic maybe.

Car boot in Epson yesterday morning brought a mint Olympus XA2 for £2 (hope it works!) and a bagful of M42 stuff for £20 (I should have haggled, but I'm far too British) - Zenit body, Super-Takumar 28mm and 135mm, Helios 44M

That's already a great haul, and for £20 those two Pentax lenses alone are likely to be excellent (and age doesn't seem to do them much harm).

That's already a great haul, and for £20 those two Pentax lenses alone are likely to be excellent (and age doesn't seem to do them much harm).

Indeed! I also love the look of the Super-Takumar lenses, and that matters quite a bit to me. If I get on with them I'll probably sell my ME Super and AV Program and concentrate on M42.

How the hell do you all find such bargains at car boots? I go to my local one quite often to hunt for cameras, and usually there are a few empty cases (which are always closed, and after rushing over excitedly, are ALWAYS empty), really, really beaten up junk cameras, and old digital point and shoots. Only things I've found are a Mju II and an XA2. Maybe I just need to go to better car boots :LOL:

How the hell do you all find such bargains at car boots? I go to my local one quite often to hunt for cameras, and usually there are a few empty cases (which are always closed, and after rushing over excitedly, are ALWAYS empty), really, really beaten up junk cameras, and old digital point and shoots. Only things I've found are a Mju II and an XA2. Maybe I just need to go to better car boots :LOL:

Probably the latter. I've been to a couple in south Wales and not found a sausage. My auntie goes to ones in Worcester and finds loads, and the one in Epsom was HUGE.

no-name 35mm.

The "no-name" being Optomax, which seemingly from sample images looks like a decent quality one that goes for more than the £20 I paid on its own.

My auntie is a little out of control. Today's haul is a Purma Special (Bakelite 127 camera, looks really interesting) and . . . a Gnome enlarger, which I have no use for and which I'd imagine will have bits missing anyway.

@abdoujaparov is this going up for sale?(if it works)

Not sure, actually. I currently have an XA2, two Mju 1s, a Mju II Zoom, and an L35AF - and I should really only keep one, but I don't know which one yet!

I'll let you know if it goes into the Classifieds, though. Gotta put a test-roll through when the battery is delivered.

Not sure, actually. I currently have an XA2, two Mju 1s, a Mju II Zoom, and an L35AF - and I should really only keep one, but I don't know which one yet!

I'll let you know if it goes into the Classifieds, though. Gotta put a test-roll through when the battery is delivered.
Ok... thanks.

well i got my ae1-program ive been looking for:cool:. wasn't in silver but the black paint in in very good condition only a few minor scratches on the underside. all seems to work apart from new light seals needed. cost £16.50 delivered:D now to see if i can still use the darn thing:confused: after sorting the seals out.

Very compact looking Yashica 28-85 zoom in a local charity shop this morning (behind glass so I didn't get a closer look). Maybe £15 or so? Seems to have a good rep so if anyone wants I'll look closer. However we're off for a week on Wednesday, so you know what to do!

They also had an olive coloured "Carl Zeiss Prestor RVS" which is actually one of the Werra cameras with a built-in light meter. £35 I thought a bit steep for a bit of nostalgia (my first quality camera was a Werra 1).

Picked this Minolta Dynax 4 with 28-80 af lens and bag and a new battery for £5 from the recent club auction night. ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1467652936.327932.jpg

Currently running a roll of pound land from film thorough it to see if it works ok. If it does I am planning on giving it to a young lad who helped me last year when I was taking photos on a charity mini run he was bored so I have him my spare body and a lens and he took loads of great pictures around the park while I was photographing the minis arriving. He really enjoyed it and has already asked if he ca help me again this year.

Well I missed a bargain today:- Tamron 19-35mm switch for AF\M excellent condition with caps, but I wasn't sure what camera it fitted...anyway put the lens down and 10 secs later someone said how much for the lens and the guy said £15 HUH :banghead: :rolleyes:

Another camera I had never seen before was a Soligor m42 slr with lens and case...the camera is made by Miranda. After playing with it for a while the girl amusing said "shall I show you how it works" :rolleyes: Anyway I wouldn't mind playing with it for £4 but she wanted £10.

https://simonhawketts.com/2015/12/03/vintage-camera-collection-soligor-tm-35mm-slr/

Last edited:
Car Boot Auntie delivered me a Yashica T4 that she'd bought for £1, and then yesterday sent me a photo of the Olympus OM2 that she'd gotten for £3 . . .

I've shot a roll through the T4, and if all is well, it's going straight on eBay. The OM2 I think I'll keep, although I'll need a lens.

Car Boot Auntie delivered me a Yashica T4 that she'd bought for £1, and then yesterday sent me a photo of the Olympus OM2 that she'd gotten for £3 . . .

I've shot a roll through the T4, and if all is well, it's going straight on eBay. The OM2 I think I'll keep, although I'll need a lens.

The're my kind of prices..well done auntie bootie or could be booty ;)

Good deal in Poundland:- buy 10 Sony AA batteries and get another packet for 50p...well even if they only last half as long as duracell it's still a lot cheaper.

Well at the bootie I couldn't work this lens out as how do you change the aperture (could be fixed @ f5.6?)....anyway the guy didn't know much about it, well he said "AF" meant automatic h'mm so the Canon EF changed the aperture as well as automatic focus o_O
So I passed for £25 even those this lens on checking went for anything from £60-£250 on the bay.:eek: Came with a nice box as well.
407_1.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3419.jpg IMG_3420.jpg Boot Sale Sunday 31/7/16
Rather pleased with this find

Fuji STX1 camera fitted with a X-FUJINON 50mm F1.9FNM lens
MAKINON MC ZOOM 80-200 mm
X FUJINAR.T 135mm DM F2.8
X 1 converter
X 2 converter
8 mixed filters cokin and other makes
Air cable release
Flash bracket and camera bag

Camera all good , meter works as does the wind on and shutter release

The LOT £10

Will be running a roll through it ASAP

Am I happy , Oh yes I am :D :banana:

Will post a photo later as my digital battery is flat Doh !

Last edited:
Wow what a cheap start for anyone interested in using film and the Fuji lenses are very good. (y)

What a bargain! I go to the wrong car boot sales obviously.

This was from a very small boot sale in the car park of a station , I did not arrive until 9.30 am , not expecting to find anything , but on this day BINGO :D

Well at the bootie I couldn't work this lens out as how do you change the aperture (could be fixed @ f5.6?)....anyway the guy didn't know much about it, well he said "AF" meant automatic h'mm so the Canon EF changed the aperture as well as automatic focus o_O
So I passed for £25 even those this lens on checking went for anything from £60-£250 on the bay.:eek: Came with a nice box as well.
407_1.jpg

It's a 400mm prime lens hence the 5.6 'fixed' aperture but the EF body will stop down the aperture as with all Canon EF bodies.

Back