How long does your daily commute normally take?

How long does your commute take each way?

• <10 mins

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • 10 -> 30 mins

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • 30 -> 50 mins

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • 50 -> 1hr30m

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • 1hr30m +

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
90 minutes each way, that is when the train runs in time !!!!!!!!!!!

6 miles to work, I once managed it in 7 minutes flat in my old Rally Car. These days it takes 10 if I get a perfectly clear run or 15-20 if there's the usual dawdling tourists/traffic in the village.

i know that rally driving feel! i had a subaru, 20 mins in normal traffic, did it in 13 mins one night. a pretty big difference to say the least.

Mine probably takes me 3 seconds to walk from my bedroom door to my home office - although I can do it in 1 second if there's nobody standing in the hall way

Barely time for the car to warm up Joe ;)

I've always commuted but never committed to over an hour. An hour is about all I really want to do. Currently I'm 22-24 miles away, depending on role, so 20-30 mins. Commuting by bike means I don't get held up by traffic

mine does - well, she hates it really but likes the end result lol, she's too old to walk far so I'm always off out on my bike with her. I actually changed my job so I could cycle to work, before this it was a 40 mile commute :(

dog is 25kg, trailer is ~20kg - am pretty fit lugging that lot around ha ha

Awwww . . . that's so sweet.
Is there a photo of her in the trailer?

I particularly like how she gets to stay warm and dry while you get soaked :LOL:

50-60 minutes each way when I'm going to the office in Redditch from my home in rugby.

When I'm doing location shoots then It's "how long is a piece of string"

2.6 miles. Quiet roads. Just five minutes. I'd pedal it if I didn't have the dog to take with me. She won't balance on the crossbar.

about 15 seconds from my door to the kitchen door .......i live and work in a hotel :)

10 miles / 25-30 minutes in rush hour, ~18 minutes outside. I sold my old house and moved to get a more reliable commute a few years ago.

Being retired has its advantages!!!

However, my last job was a 10 minute pushbike ride home but a 4 minute ride there (very steep hill...) although that was a part time job. My last full time job was a reverse commute (against the general flow of traffic) and was about 20 minutes. My wife still works and commutes at off peak times so is only about 10 minutes by car (30 or so on foot).

12 miles each way for me, I start at 11 am so take about 25mins, if it was an 8am start it would be 40 mins and up.

50 miles, takes around 1.5 hours by car, 1.25 hours by train (with a 20 minute wait for a change) and 45 minutes to an hour if I use the bike (one with an engine).

I prefer using the bike because traffic jams aren't as much of a headache as in the car and I can park it at the office for free. Though factor in the time it takes to get changed into all the gear at either end of the trip and it's probably not much different to the time a car journey takes.

I have to use the A14 in to Cambridge then back to Huntingdon at night. 16 miles. If I'm lucky, it takes about 30 minutes. Normally it takes about 50 minutes but has taken over 5 hours.

Back