weekly Ian's 52 2016 - Week Flora

Topical. Simple, uncluttered and bang on theme. Very nice indeed.

Hi Ian, this is my first visit to your thread so I've just looked through from the start and you have a good range of images so far. The ones that stand out for me are Topical - a great idea and a clear, crisp image with a nice touch of humour - and Danger - which is perfect for the theme and leaps off the page with the colours and the bright yellow sign. Good luck with your 52 (y)

Hi Ian. Nice detail and DoF with Dangerous - the bright yellow sign is striking. Spiky is certainly that - accentuated detail against the plain white bg.

Nice spiky Ian, I must admit doing a double take though, I thought that Christmas had arrived early :D

Danger....Pretty self explanatory that one!! Love the angles.

And Spiky...I like that! (But it WOULD make a good christmas card!)

Danger of Death ... makes me smile don't know why. And all I those angular iron bits look good.

Nice and spiky Ian... I think the lighting effect is interesting despite the blow sky. Good job. Is it Christmas again already? ;)

It was holly obviously but on a bed of foam used to fill toys that was lit with two strobes underneath.

Nice image for Spiky (why didn't I think of this my parents have a Holly tree in there front garden!:banghead:)

awwww...want one!
A personal gift is right on theme.
I like the lighting too :)

Hi there Ian,
Great little croc. Perfect for the theme. The lighting / WB looks like it has elements of magenta to me or is it my monitor?

No you are right a bit of magenta. Not intended, must check my PP gave it a bit too much vibrancy and clarity I think.

Bang on theme Ian. Top marks for the creator ... especially like the expression. :clap:

Ian Hi, liking your dangerous image, good angle and sharp too.
Spiky is well spiky. perfectly on theme and good overall image.
Personal, loving this, perfect details and lighting

Danger - picture says it all good sharp focus on the words.
Spiky - very spiky and right on theme
Personal - a hand crafted gift very personal,and as others have said good lighting.

Hi Ian

Horizontal ... makes me smile, the spirit-level being a good representation, but then rotating it. :)

Vast ... what a wonderful wide vista, everything looks pretty straight, lots of detail & colour. HDR I presume.

Hi Ian

Horizontal ... makes me smile, the spirit-level being a good representation, but then rotating it. :)

Vast ... what a wonderful wide vista, everything looks pretty straight, lots of detail & colour. HDR I presume.

Thanks... No HDR just a bit of PP. The Hermitage is very green and the sky was a lovely blue. It just needed pulling out in LR.

Hi Ian that's an excellent catch up ....they all work really well for the themes,

Effort #1 looks like someones about to get busy, Sat Nav #2 ...you're right we would miss it now wouldn't we, #3 the quirky horizontal ...great composition, #4 the St Petersburg one is is stunner a beautiful shot.

Good catch up

Effort - the colours really pop. If it was me I'd just have left them there and had a sit at the table :)
Horizontal - That's very good, took me a second to realise what you had done (after the initial though of "that's not horizontal").

Hey! Good catch-up Ian - well done. All good images but the stand-out shots for me are Effort: Nice DoF and colours and Vast: Great pano and more than meets the theme. :clap:

Hey Ian. gratz on the catch up.
Effort - Maybe a little deeper DoF to get the whole shoe in focus as you've got plenty of space to keep the background blurred.
Technology - Good counterpoint of the old and new mapping techs. Not 100% certain on the choice of background (but we have to use what we have...)
Horizontal - I have to agree with @d00d, a clever idea to rotate the horizontals
Vast - Having read your response to d00d, that really does look like a great building to photograph. Such unusual colours (certainly nothing of it's ilk in London)

Back