iPhone 7

I managed to pick up a Matt black and a gold 32gb from the Cambridge store a couple of days ago, using the £49 upfront and £27.50 per month for 20 months 0% deal. To be honest it was the 0% offer that clinched the iPhone 7 over the 6s.

Understandably it is a big change in size and speed over my previous iPhone 4 and I'm very pleased with it. Decided against the plus as it just wouldn't fit in a shirt pocket.

I take a lot of internal house pictures each day and now that I have turned off 'live' I am really pleased with the resulting pictures, certainly over the 4. There seem to be lots of features that I am still finding out about.

Thought of making an order last night, but i would rather wait until i see it from somebody else. I may not be that impressed after all... but its also pretty exciting i must say.

I tried one in Tesco last weekend, before ordering my Lumia. It seemed quite pleasant, having a sensibly sized screen, and also nicely fluid. IOS10 seems enormously improved from the days of the iPhone 4/5, and it did make me briefly reconsider my choices. If it had been around £250 then I'd probably have bought it.

How are people getting on with theirs? I've just succumbed to a 128gb 7+ in Jet Black. I wanted the Gold really, but the wait time from three was something like the middle of January. This should be here by the 23rd. Still longer than i would have liked but hey ho.

How are people getting on with theirs? I've just succumbed to a 128gb 7+ in Jet Black. I wanted the Gold really, but the wait time from three was something like the middle of January. This should be here by the 23rd. Still longer than i would have liked but hey ho.

Loving mine.

I also am still enjoying the iPhone 7 having had one for the last couple of months.

I only have an Apple leather case on the rear of the phone and nothin on the front. I have a habit of jamming the phone in my pocket with car keys and change but thankfully no damage (yet).

I've had mine since early October. Both the 7 Jet Black and the 7+ Black are absolutely fine, I don't have any cover on it and both of them are looking good.

Battery life seems a little less than my 6+ I used to have, but still plenty sufficient.

Any marks on the jet black @dejongj ? Must admit i can't decide if I've done the right thing or not. Lol. The normal black looks nice. Was surprised that there is still a fair waiting time on them.
Not really, if you are microscopic about it until very bright lamps you may be able to see some micro scratches, but no more than I saw on any other finished iPhone or alternate phone over the years. And that is despite all the warning and news that was put out that it scratches by just looking at it. It has been fine.

Thanks. I have never really had a cover for any of my phones but I may do for this one. We'll see I guess.
I really didn't feel the need. They are less slippery than the 6 as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it is a very solid upgrade.

I'll be picking up a 7 in Jet Black this weekend.

And probably an Apple Watch.

Because I'm an Apple whore. :wave:

I really like my Apple Watch 2. It is very good and already lasts longer than any other smart watch or fitness band I've had. Battery life is very good as well, I seem to be getting much much longer than the 18 hours stated. I have no issue not taking a charger and going away for a long weekend.

No matter what phone I have, I always get a "hard shell" and an anti fingerprint screen protector.

The hard shell is thin enough to adds just enough thickness to the phone to level out the camera bump on the rear.

It also covers the apple logo on the back, thus preventing any of your friends from noticing that you've just splashed out on the worlds most overpriced handset..

No matter what phone I have, I always get a "hard shell" and an anti fingerprint screen protector.

The hard shell is thin enough to adds just enough thickness to the phone to level out the camera bump on the rear.

It also covers the apple logo on the back, thus preventing any of your friends from noticing that you've just splashed out on the worlds most overpriced handset..

You've not heard of Vertu then?

Picked up my 7 in Jet Black yesterday - love it. Not had an iPhone for a couple of years, and whilst it still feels familiar, it's awesome.

Held off on the Watch for now, but I doubt it'll be long. :D

How are you finding the jet black Steve?
It's great, looks fantastic too. I bought one of those Spigen cases you and Ricardo were discussing above, and it's great for the fiver I paid. Didn't take the phone out of the box until I had the case, so I didn't get my grubby mitts all over it.

We ordered 4 when they were first announced, 3 standard 128GB models (Rose Gold and Matt Black) and 1 Plus model in Jet Black.

Not much of a leap from our 6s models but their nice enough.

Last edited:
Looking to get one for the wife on contract, but most good ones have very low data allowances.
What's your budget? Might make sense to get it on the Apple Purchase Program and get a cheap sim only deal?

I bought mine outright, and got a sim only deal online. Tenner a month for 5000 texts, 500 minutes and 4gb of data.

Last edited:
Yeah I think so.

Basically you pay 11 instalments (purchase price/20) then on the 12th month you can chop it in for a new iPhone, or pay the remainder my balance.

I think for the 32gb version it's about 33pm; including apple care. It's interest free too.

All info is here... http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

That is how I did it - but without the AppleCare. It is insured through my bank so it seems pointless to double insure (and also pay the deposit on the credit card and you get more protection).

I always buy my handset then use a 30day Sim only deal with all you can eat data.

If you ignore the 'Customer Service' aspects, Three have a great offer for £11 per month for 200 minutes and 2Gb data. It works for us.

I've always done the same, but just treated the whole household to "indefinite leave to remain" which left a massive hole in my finances for the foreseeable future!

Thinking I might have to do the same for my Mrs (she's Dutch), unless Mrs May pulls her finger out - would be nice to know if EU citizens are allowed to stay! [emoji45]

(and also pay the deposit on the credit card and you get more protection).

How much deposit did you pay? The usual deposit is £49 isn't it? Section 75 doesn't apply to transactions under £100.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed but thinking I may go down this route as I have the "friends and family" discount on O2 at the moment and I would lose that if I just get a new contract

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone#tab2

Anyone tried this ? Looks like it's very definitely "In Store" only

Back