iPhone 7

You lucky person. I got my order through at 08:08 and are still waiting for that model. I guess it's the jet black that is also in my order that is causing the delays.

My Matt Black 128Gb 7+ is arriving today.

It appears the higher capacity Jet Blacks are in extremely short supply on the networks. They are quoting up to 21 days delivery but could be sooner.

They text me up to 14 days for the Matt Black and the next day I got a dispatch message.

It looks like Apple is delivering every day or two to the networks but hardly any Jet Blacks.

To be honest, looking on the internet, the Jet Black may not be worth the wait as the finish seems to be highly prone to scratching.

Article here: http://www.buzzpods.com/iphone-7-delivery-delays/

Also, for anyone still thinking about moving on to the iPhone 7, the new Apple iPhone Upgrade Programme and interest free payments plan look quite interesting.

I have put together a quick analysis here: http://www.buzzpods.com/the-apple-iphone-upgrade-programme/

Good luck to those waiting.

Last edited:
You lucky person. I got my order through at 08:08 and are still waiting for that model. I guess it's the jet black that is also in my order that is causing the delays.

Well, I had a handy little script running, which sent a notification to my phone any time my local Apple stores restocked the 128gb 7+. There would be a couple of phones going live randomly throughout the day - without the script i'd have no hope! Managed to pick one up in Glasgow - my reservation is still down for delivery on 4-10 October!

Well, I had a handy little script running, which sent a notification to my phone any time my local Apple stores restocked the 128gb 7+. There would be a couple of phones going live randomly throughout the day - without the script i'd have no hope! Managed to pick one up in Glasgow - my reservation is still down for delivery on 4-10 October!
LOL you know what. I noticed Glasgow had stock as well for a brief moment. A little too far away for me.

Did you fly over from Holland for it?

LOL you know what. I noticed Glasgow had stock as well for a brief moment. A little too far away for me.

Did you fly over from Holland for it?

lol, no I live near Edinburgh! I happen to have a Dutch wife, hence the Dutch magazines on the coffee table. Keen eye though, not everyone would recognise that as Dutch!

I have family and friends across there who managed to pick up a 7+ in black fairly easily, though.

Edit: just saw your username - I presume you have some Dutch on your fathers side..?

Last edited:
lol, no I live near Edinburgh! I happen to have a Dutch wife, hence the Dutch magazines on the coffee table. Keen eye though, not everyone would recognise that as Dutch!

I have family and friends across there who managed to pick up a 7+ in black fairly easily, though.

Edit: just saw your username - I presume you have some Dutch on your fathers side..?
Indeed 100% native, although I've lived longer in the UK then anywhere else.

Utrecht is where I last lived and went to Uni.

Ah cool! My family are from Zeeland, but my sister lives in Utrecht at the moment. Nice place.

I digress though. Has anyone tried the new Portrait feature yet? I took a quick snap yesterday to try it out. Quite impressed:

IMG_0044.JPG

Last edited:
Seems to work well (y)

istocknow.com is a good place to check, if you're able to pick up.

UK Stock normally gets updated around 10pm.

istocknow.com is a good place to check, if you're able to pick up.

UK Stock normally gets updated around 10pm.
And again nothing in 7 jet black, nor 7 plus in black. Plenty now of everything else but nothing for those.

Those two in the south east. I've got them on order so they'll come at some stage :)

I bought one of these for mine. Essential if you have a Jet Black one I reckon!
Nah, can't see the point. Why get a nice looking phone to just cover it up, who are you protecting it for? I just let mine age/mature naturally and enjoy it.

I like to keep mine looking mint.
But you can't even see it looking mint when you cover it up like that. I just don't see the point of having a beautiful device like that being spoiled by a few cents of Chinese plastic. Do you have the plastic still on your sofas at home? Or on your car?

I bought the one on the right. Frankly I'd drop my phone every other minute without it. It's like a bar of soap!

IMG_4408.JPG

But you can't even see it looking mint when you cover it up like that. I just don't see the point of having a beautiful device like that being spoiled by a few cents of Chinese plastic. Do you have the plastic still on your sofas at home? Or on your car?

It's transparent!

Yay I got my dispatch notification for both phones :) Dispatched today via UPS and scheduled for delivery on 4th October. :eek: What are they using to transport it, are they driving it across land using a brown UPS van?

I can wait, I can wait, I can wait (may have to repeat that a few more times).

Spigen is a pretty good brand name in cases.

Well I'll be damned. UPS knocked on the door this morning. With a nice 7 Plus in Black, wow that looks absolutely stunning. Nowhere near as slippery as my silver 6 Plus. Very happy with it.

They also delivered my wife's 7 Jet Black. I haven't opened it yet as I'll leave that for her to do.

Note to self - enable VPN codes before disabling on the other phone hehehe too many times caught out by that one transitioning :)

Just used it a brief amount of time but wow this phone is quick compared to the 6 plus. Didn't expect such a speed difference.

Used it truly in anger this afternoon. Tethering my laptop whilst waiting for my car service. Integrated in my car. All working absolutely brilliantly. Nice to be back. Definitely selling my s7 edge.

Camera in low light is pretty good as well.

IMG_0005.JPG

Used it truly in anger this afternoon. Tethering my laptop whilst waiting for my car service. Integrated in my car. All working absolutely brilliantly. Nice to be back. Definitely selling my s7 edge.

I'll give you a tenner for the 7 Edge - just so my phone's better than Mrs Nod's! (6 Edge.)

I'll give you a tenner for the 7 Edge - just so my phone's better than Mrs Nod's! (6 Edge.)
Hehe nice try :)

Ok just unpacked the iPhone 7 in jet black for my wife. And wow that is actually truly stunning, I must admit that I have little envy having gone for the normal black one. That Jet Black is absolutely WOW! Although it may cause a healthy dose of polishing, my wife's second thing she did after picking it up was polishing it. Really nice looking though.

Also I now see the photo I posted earlier on my monitor, doesn't look as great as it does on the iPhone screen. Perhaps the marketing blurb was true. Has anyone else noticed that? The sky has gone all flat whilst it looked amazing on the phone screen with every detail, shape and shadow just like my eyes saw it.

Also I now see the photo I posted earlier on my monitor, doesn't look as great as it does on the iPhone screen. Perhaps the marketing blurb was true. Has anyone else noticed that? The sky has gone all flat whilst it looked amazing on the phone screen with every detail, shape and shadow just like my eyes saw it.

It's crisp enough, but quite dull, flat and with a slight blue cast.

It's crisp enough, but quite dull, flat and with a slight blue cast.
I'm not seeing a blue cast on my monitor, but yes I agree it is dull and flat. Arguably still dull on the phone :) but not flat. Very strange.

I'm not seeing a blue cast on my monitor, but yes I agree it is dull and flat. Arguably still dull on the phone :) but not flat. Very strange.

The blue cast is slight, but seems present on my laptop too, seen in the chrome trims especially.

I must say I am loving the 7 in low light. I don't have to hunt around nearly as much for light to get a good shot. the new flash when I do is also a hell of a lot better. Only thing that's taking time for me to get used to is the new home "button" .

The bokeh is amazing on my 7 Plus. Never seen anything like it on a phone. Very pleased by its subject separation.

Back