iPhone 7

I'm not sure where Apple get their design cues from, but will Apple vs Oral-B be the next big patent case?

_91067091_gettyimages-599935350.jpg

_91069099_toothbrushpods_976.jpg

What ino vation 2x optical zoom and bluetooth headset.
Now if it's just numbers your after try the Samsung K zoom.
20mp camera, variable zoom and the choice of bt or jack for music.
And you know apple will use a special protocol so you must buy apple buds sometime in the future.

I'll be sticking with my trusty motorola 8000x

And you know apple will use a special protocol so you must buy apple buds sometime in the future.

LOL for someone who is not interested you are showing an awful lot of interest. Good luck in getting signal with your Motorola;)

What's the problem we have seen the death of wired head sets. This is progress

Last edited:

Are they Bluetooth?

REFRESH :)

I think they need to recharge the Apple watch ;) It's late opening up.

What's the problem we have seen the death of wired head sets.
We have?

I'd wager the 3.5mm jack goes nowhere for a long time yet. I know Apple don't like industry standards but it's a jack that is open and free for peripheral makers to use, unlike the Lightning connector ($4 per connector manufactured from a quick Google). I'd be interested to see the uptake by GOOD earphone makers too (Beats aka Apple don't really count there), I expect there may be some token efforts to get their foot in the water but I'd expect the better stuff to remain 3.5mm.

Why would I go out and replace all of my good headphones with Lightning/Wireless versions that I cannot connect to any of my other devices?

I hasten to add that BT headphones/headsets have been around for a long time (which the rumour is the Airbuds are too, as they have to connect to a lot of Apple devices some of which only have BT) and nothing has really changed.

Last edited:
The problem being who was first to market I guess ;) and not that many android models can do it unless you go high end and then you have the same cost as an iPhone.
Technically not true.
Android pay works on all Android phones running official OS 4.4 and above. Which accounts for alot more than just premium android phones.

Speaking of using Apple watches to pay for things - i witnessed the discomfort of a colleague at my work try to pay for his "large americano" using his Apple watch.
It took him 3 attempts to get it to work, suitably embarressed he was!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically not true.
Android pay works on all Android phones running official OS 4.4 and above. Which accounts for alot more than just premium android phones.

Speaking of using Apple watches to pay for things - i witnessed the discomfort of a colleague at my work try to pay for his "large americano" using his Apple watch.
It took him 3 attempts to get it to work!
Technically true, as you need to have NFC build into the device for it to work as a contactless device. Not that many models on sale at the moment that actually do that. And none of the Android Wear devices have it. I did try and buy it and look for it. Just doesn't exist. Samsung will launch it when they launch their Gear 3, but that isn't running Android. There is a rumour that Google may launch two watches themselves of which one may have it onboard, but no firm information. LG Launched it with their Urbane which also had a LTE chip in it, but quickly withdrew it from the market without explanation. There is just nothing about.

Unless you have the top of the range models it is just not build in. In comparison, every iPhone on sale does it. But it works equally well on my Samsung S7 Edge using Google Pay.

There are hundreds of phones out there that have NFC - new and legacy - granted it doesn't account for every phone including some popular brands but it is misinformed to suggest it is a premium feature only.
By way of example
My cheapo LG Stylus 2 £200 to buy brand new (so not classed as premium) has NFC and android pay.
My previous phone (LG G2) also had both.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are hundreds of phones out there that have NFC - new and legacy - granted it doesn't account for every phone including some popular brands but it is misinformed to suggest it is a premium feature only.
By way of example
My cheapo LG Stylus 2 £200 to buy brand new (so not classed as premium) has NFC and android pay.
My previous phone (LG G2) also had both.
Fair enough, I stand corrected. So Android Pay can work with NFC without a finger print reader? How do you quickly unlock your phone when your are using it on say the underground? I'm surprised that was allowed from a security perspective.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. So Android Pay can work with NFC without a finger print reader? How do you quickly unlock your phone when your are using it on say the underground? I'm surprised that was allowed from a security perspective.

Once you activate Android Pay you are forced to setup a screen lock consisting of either pattern, pin or password.

Once you activate Android Pay you are forced to setup a screen lock consisting of either pattern, pin or password.
Ah ok, something any sensible person would have done already. But no need for fingerprint then. Hmm I wouldn't like that have to deal with manually unlocking the phone to make the payment. Especially with so many people around and watching when you do that.

iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black is now for delivery in November.

Ah ok, something any sensible person would have done already. But no need for fingerprint then. Hmm I wouldn't like that have to deal with manually unlocking the phone to make the payment. Especially with so many people around and watching when you do that.

I kind of agree, its a bit more clunky compared to fingerprint scanning.
Although entering for example a 4 digit unlock code is fairly quick (as Apple peope will know from having to enter 4 digit passcodes)
I have other options available under the "smart lock" settingsb one of which is remain unlocked when on my person (movement detected - handb pocket or bag) but as you will know it isnt clever enough to know when its someone else and not you e.g. in a phone snatch scenario so whilst helpful certainly not full proof.

As a getting oldie, my IPhone 5s hits the bill for me.

Really not interested in cameras on phones other than for record shots of things.

Just like a phone that surfs weather etc and of course makes phone calls.

And anyway, I can't afford the latest gizmo even in a two year contract............

Alas............. :):(:(:(:(

But the rest of you go ahead and enjoy

I kind of agree, its a bit more clunky compared to fingerprint scanning.
Although entering for example a 4 digit unlock code is fairly quick (as Apple peope will know from having to enter 4 digit passcodes)
I have other options available under the "smart lock" settingsb one of which is remain unlocked when on my person (movement detected - handb pocket or bag) but as you will know it isnt clever enough to know when its someone else and not you e.g. in a phone snatch scenario so whilst helpful certainly not full proof.
I did like the PIN scrambler that was on my daughters Wileyfox. And yes on my S7 Edge there is an abundance on options to leave unlocked using whatever means like near my laptop, or in the car stereo or GEO fence etc. Personally I just use the finger print reader just like I did on my iPhones since the 5 series (3 or 4 years ago?) as I find that much easier and secure and consistent.

Anyone want a barely used S7 Edge with wireless fast charger :)

Last edited:
I don't really see it as an issue. Fingerprint scanners are on high end android phones as they are on apple apple phones. They might not me on many hid to low level android phones as yet but then why would you compare that to apple? My mum is still using a £50 samsung android from around 5 years ago and still carries a cheque book in her handbag, paying for stuff with her phone is never going to be a concern.

As with all technology, it will trickle down to them anyway.

My £330 Android has one of if not the fastest fingerprint reader out there. Beats the IP6s :D
:)

Soon I can compare the latest incarnation to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. All seem to work fine for me including my 5S and 6 plus I used to have. But my wife and daughter never seem to have consistent results. Must be the lack of hard labour through my hands :p

It's a fair factor to consider. The fingerprint scanner on my dads 6s or whatever it is is unusable due to his lack of decent fingerprints.

My uncle who is an avid apple fan was playing with my nexus 6p recently and decided it was crap because he couldn't unlock it. No matter what I tried, he couldn't understand that because it was not his phone the fingerprint scanner wouldn't work for him, he is supposed to be a reasonably intelligent guy. :confused:

Last edited:
Nice one @Spy I went for the same.

Reactions: Spy
As I've joined the sportclub to go swimming each morning I'm so tempted by getting an watch as well.

Grrrr stupid marketing. I could just use my pebble with swim.com. I got to stay strong. :)

As I've joined the sportclub to go swimming each morning I'm so tempted by getting an watch as well.

Grrrr stupid marketing. I could just use my pebble with swim.com. I got to stay strong. :)

You'll love the way data from the watch auto populates the health app on your phone.

I was considering the Jet Black version of the 7 Plus until this...

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

I was considering the Jet Black version of the 7 Plus until this...

I think it is just arse covering for a whole bunch of unreasonable people. You should see the scratches on my real gold jewellery or the metal on my rolex watch etc.

Back