isle of man TT

Name
martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm heading over to the TT for the race week. Looking for for some info good spots for pics of the action. Also any other recommendations of things to do as i havent been before.

any help would be great, cheers

Lucky bugger! Never been to it would love to though. Ballaugh bridge would be immense!

Sooo wish I was going...been over for the last 6 years & love it.

Ballaugh bridge is great for photos, outisde of the circuit so you can get away if the weathers pants , just over the bridge theres a road to the right , park up there & grab a spot just behind the rope .You'll have to be early though , got there last year just after 7am & by 7.30 all the spots were taken !
Goosenecks good as well ,again you can get away if you want to , just near the bridge at the Bungalow is great , on the wall 2 fields up from Hillbury the bikes & outfits get soooo close ,the Glen Helen pub up on the banking your under tree cover but have a great view of the action through 2 or 3 bends . Loads more but too tired to think of them all ! Plenty of places are restricted viewing no so check out the TT website for uptodate info .

The Calf of Man is worth a visit as is the Laxey Wheel , Peel Harbour & a trip in the electric tram up the Mountain are all well worth it .

Oh yes , don't forget to wave & say hello to the fairies at Fairy Bridge(y)

Hope you have a great time

I'm heading over to the TT for the race week.Looking for for some info good spots for pics of the action. Also any other recommendations of things to do as i havent been before.

any help would be great, cheers

Lucky thing - I went once back in late 90's when I was a mad biker - and it was an incredible experience. :D

Viewpoints - there are so many, and you can explore outside race hours to find your own spot - random suggestion would be Creg Ny Baa - the view is great... but its even better to go round - even my rubbish cornering got a cheer from the drinkers! (y)

p.s.
I don't think you can get as close as you used to though :(

Last edited:
Hi Martin, as Lynne says, there are lots of good vantage points around the course and you'll probably do a lap of the course soon after arriving so you'll get an idea of the layout. The TT website is a good suggestion, and there's a forum on there too with lots of keen TT photographers.

Also, if you re-post your question in the Talk Motorsport and Transport forum here you'll probably get a lot of advice specific to the course and the various locations, as there are some good TT photographers posting in there.

There's a recent thread here discussing places to see on the Isle of Man so you may find that helpful too.

Hope you have a great time - and drive safely!

Thanks all, for the help. I forgot to say im taking my son ( 6 year old )with me too. is there plenty of toilets around the course or is it the nearest hedge????

i'l have a read at theat link at work tomorrow, seen peel mentioned there, thats where im staying so that looks good so for

thanks again, martin

I will be there. Can't wait to get there. My two friends and I were last there 17 years ago. You and your son will have a great time. Take care.
Gary

Calf of man - great place for seals, they are all in the sea or on that rock in the middle
123403186.jpg

123403153.jpg

and it's really easy to get great shots of them
123403156.jpg

The harbour at Port St Mary is great for rock pools, rock hopping and photography

At the very top of the island is a lighthouse and gravelly beach. Good spot for photography and you can see scotland.

Peel has a castle your lad will like climbing around and a pretty harbour, plus they make the Manx kippers there. Yummy.

The A14 from the bungalow is a pretty road, Selby reservoir and nice twisty bits with an interesting tea house in the fields at the bottom.

For the Race, depends on the weather. The hills can get wet and gloomy whilst other parts of the island are covered in warm sunshine.

As for the race:

Kates. There's a bit of a meadow you can sit in and get shots. found this pic to show you what I mean
4682508691_2b5a898f4e_o.jpg

Cre-ny-Baa - I think that's the pub on the corner not far out of Douglas. Usually packed but a good spot and the bikes slow for the corner to give you a chance.

And of course the Douglas sea front at night

Have fun.

Bottom of Bray Hill. 3/4 frontal shots. Fantastic location. You'll love every minute of the whole experience.
Also don't forget Douglas seafront in the evenings.

"Also don't forget Douglas seafront in the evenings." (sorry, missed that in the previous post)

Last edited:
Cronk y Mona. LH bend that they take nearly flat out. You can stand directly in front of them and get shots of them at crazy angles.

hi martin i have been going to tt for last ten years.there are lots of great spots,my favourite are quarter bridge(bottom of bray hill,your not isolated).top of bray hill in the school field.and sign post.be carefull where you watch because if the racing is delayed you will be stuck there till the roads are open.this year i will be at the top of bray hill(awsum)and you have got the option of a route out.:wave::wave::wave: have a good time.

thanks all, i'll take a note of those places, looking forward to this even more now. cant wait.
(y)

I'm going to the TT this year for the first time, this thread is giving me lots of great ideas, thanks

Back