Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

Here's what I saw: https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/games/ea-play

Scroll down to the plan options, I'm already on the middle green one, looks to me like it'll be included in that sub, or you can get the EA pass stand alone for €3.99, which would be for those not on game pass for pc who might only want to try the EA option

Nice :)

I just wonder how they are going to fund the 7.5 billion they just paid for Bethesda :)

Nice :)

I just wonder how they are going to fund the 7.5 billion they just paid for Bethesda :)

That is interesting, Skyrim being one of my top 10 [if not 5] all time best games. Wasn't so hot on Fallout, but I played the heck out of Oblivion and Skyrim and would love to see a decent follow up. How it changes things with M$ buying them out, I dunno tbh!

That is interesting, Skyrim being one of my top 10 [if not 5] all time best games. Wasn't so hot on Fallout, but I played the heck out of Oblivion and Skyrim and would love to see a decent follow up. How it changes things with M$ buying them out, I dunno tbh!

Well, they are off to a good start

gamepass.png

I must say, the idea of playing 1993 Doom on a Series X is a little odd :)

I can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls, and also Fallout 5.
Doesn't bother me that Microsoft have them, I always get a Sony console and PC best of all worlds really so no matter what ill be able to play them.

Currently got 29hours on Valheim, but leading the pack is Civ6 at 134 hours.

Metro Exodus on a pretty hefty sale through Steam. Been waiting for that one.

Metro Exodus on a pretty hefty sale through Steam. Been waiting for that one.
Amazing games loved all three of them. Remind me of the Stalker games (worth playing if you haven't, though they're starting to look dated).

Amazing games loved all three of them. Remind me of the Stalker games (worth playing if you haven't, though they're starting to look dated).

I've done the first two and loved them, so looking forward to this!

Metro Exodus is pretty decent, very nice looker of a game, I gave it a try as it was on Game Pass but I'm hopeless in general at those type games [FPS]

Working my way through Game Pass. It turns out I like playing the first few hours of games while they are trying to capture your attention and before things get too samey / hard :)

Gears 5 is gorgeous but annoying - 5 minute "humorous" cut scenes after 2 mins of action?? Also, I played for a couple of hours and apparently I'm nearly 20% through.

Prey is....very odd. Only an hour or less in but I think I might like this one a lot.

Working my way through Game Pass. It turns out I like playing the first few hours of games while they are trying to capture your attention and before things get too samey / hard :)

Gears 5 is gorgeous but annoying - 5 minute "humorous" cut scenes after 2 mins of action?? Also, I played for a couple of hours and apparently I'm nearly 20% through.

Prey is....very odd. Only an hour or less in but I think I might like this one a lot.

I felt exactly the same about Gears 5, got boring fast. Like you I was trying everything and anything when I first got the pass, some decent games some way over rated and some junk, expected really :D but being able to dump and delete if it's not for is nice, instead of playing a game you just paid €20 on Steam and passing the 2hr mark before realising it's not for you :/

Tomorrow :) happy weekend.

NICE! I'm not even sure what EA got these days I might want to try, but I'll certainly have a look and give something a go

It's live, you will have to download the EA app within the XBGP client, then either sign up to EA or sign in, then link it back to your XBGP, was very niggly for at first - was asking me to pay for games even though I had everything linked, seems to have fixed itself and tried 'Unravel' as my first, might be a good one to play with my daughter [2 player co-op platformer]

It's live, you will have to download the EA app within the XBGP client, then either sign up to EA or sign in, then link it back to your XBGP, was very niggly for at first - was asking me to pay for games even though I had everything linked, seems to have fixed itself and tried 'Unravel' as my first, might be a good one to play with my daughter [2 player co-op platformer]

Oh, Unravel looks lovely :)

If you want to show off your computer then given Madden 21 a go. I have no clue what's going on and can't get past the first 5 mins play but it's incredible for graphics, sounds and polish.

Talking of not having a clue what's going on.....if you find Gears 5 dull but like a cover shooter then Outriders seems to be the answer. There's a free demo on Steam and the full version will be on GamePass at least for consoles. Slow but pretty start and then all hell breaks loose.

I think it's a very interesting time - Microsoft are going in very hard indeed to take market off Sony and Sony are retaliating by doing things like making Horizon Zero Dawn free. Good times :)

I take it back. A room full of things that are probably all monsters that can kill you before you even know that they aren't a cardboard box while you're armed with a wrench stops being fun on the 38th time.

I even googled up why I was so bad at prey. It turns out, it's just really really hard ;(

Oh, Unravel looks lovely :)

If you want to show off your computer then given Madden 21 a go. I have no clue what's going on and can't get past the first 5 mins play but it's incredible for graphics, sounds and polish.

Talking of not having a clue what's going on.....if you find Gears 5 dull but like a cover shooter then Outriders seems to be the answer. There's a free demo on Steam and the full version will be on GamePass at least for consoles. Slow but pretty start and then all hell breaks loose.

I think it's a very interesting time - Microsoft are going in very hard indeed to take market off Sony and Sony are retaliating by doing things like making Horizon Zero Dawn free. Good times :)

Unravel is a nice platformer, bit tricky at first but when you get the hang of the moves it runs really nice and smooth. We only did the first chapter but will get back to it during this week sometime

I'd be completely clueless on Maddedn, tried one of them a few year back and it was just a mess, I'm sure it looks great but not worth the frustration or breaking a controller :ROFLMAO:

Used to love Madden back when it was on the Megadrive, played against my brother a lot. Might give the recent one a try.

I've also been considering VR, Quest 2 probably. Seems to be a better selection of games now.

I've also been considering VR, Quest 2 probably. Seems to be a better selection of games now.
Do it, do it, do it. It's the best gaming peripheral I've ever purchased. (I've got Quest 1)

But play Half Life Alyx after other games, it will ruin all your gaming experience, make flat games feel like early flash games and other VR games feel like early access games.

The only other VR game that remotely live up to HLAlyx level of experience and polish was Lone Echo.

Do it, do it, do it. It's the best gaming peripheral I've ever purchased. (I've got Quest 1)

But play Half Life Alyx after other games, it will ruin all your gaming experience, make flat games feel like early flash games and other VR games feel like early access games.

The only other VR game that remotely live up to HLAlyx level of experience and polish was Lone Echo.

Nice one, I'll look into it. Trying to treat myself in the gaps in between my wife's constant nest building. If only it were as simple and cheap as picking up some twigs lying on the ground....

I grabbed 'It takes two' over the weekend, my daughter and I were watching some new game reviews and this one stuck out. A 2-player co-op adventure/platformer - was a bit skeptical as the basis of the story is a young girl's parents about to get divorced, they're put under a spell and transferred into the bodies of 2 wooden toys that must work together to save themselves ... I mean, divorce ... in a video game? Sigh ... regardless, the game looked hella fun, great graphics, very varied missions, lots of puzzle elements , platforming, flying, shooting and gliding! all things I love in games. It was this review here that convinced me,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSOR1f7kFA

thought I'll just ignore the backing story and strictly just concentrate on the gameplay. We're about 4hrs in and it's been a blast - the cut scenes are nauseating and there's a couple of annoyances about it, but overall once you get into the chapters/levels/missions it is great fun, and you really do have to work together

It is €40, which will turn most off, and it is striclty 2-player co-op - but .... if you don't have anyone interested locally, when you buy the game one of your online contacts can join you without owning the game, they just need to d/l the friend pass for the game on Steam.

Bit late joining the thread, PS4 owner (before I bought a house a year ago it’s now gathering dust until I finish renovating!) used to play all the various Battlefied games online , started with Bad Company 2 then all the various new ones.
Played in squads with lads from work and lads off a forum called The Old Aged PlayStationers great laugh every Sunday evening dread to think how many hours I used to put in.

I'm having a lot of fun with Zombie Army 4: Dead War (don't worry - you don't need to play 1 - 3 to understand it: Zombies = bad, nazis = bad, zombie nazis = very bad so you have a couple of guns....).

On GamePass or heavily reduced for the next couple of days.

It serves up gems like this....

tutorial.jpg

Horizon zero dawn, complete edition, is currently free on ps4, very good game.

I decided to sign up for game pass for the xbox for £1, wanted to try some driving / racing games.
I tried a motorbike racing game and gave up as I just couldn't keep the bloody bike upright, however, I'm really enjoying Forza 7.
It makes a change from killing and assassinations.

I decided to sign up for game pass for the xbox for £1, wanted to try some driving / racing games.
I tried a motorbike racing game and gave up as I just couldn't keep the bloody bike upright, however, I'm really enjoying Forza 7.

Forza Horizon 4 is on GP as well, it’s a fantastic game. Worth a look if you’ve not already played it.

Got Resident Evil 3 on the XBox Series X as it’s on sale at the minute, as are most of the Resi games - probably drumming up some interest for the new one next month. Great game.

The Microsoft rewards thing is worth doing if you’re an XBox gamer. I got a fiver off RE3 just for a couple of minutes Bing-ing each day.

This is what is great about XBGP, don't like a game? dump'n'delete, no love or mony lost :) Imagine if you'd just fancied trying the game and forked out £30+ for it

Forza H4 is good, I don't like all the BS voice overs and side 'story' at all but once you get to driving it's fun, probably more detailed than F7 too, more customization etc

Last edited:
This is what is great about XBGP, don't like a game? dump'n'delete, no love or mony lost :) Imagine if you'd just fancied trying the game and forked out £30+ for it

Forza H4 is good, I don't like all the BS voice overs and side 'story' at all but once you get to driving it's fun, probably more detailed than F7 too, more customization etc

The actual core driving is brilliant though. With the enhancements on series x too I reckon it’s the best driving game I’ve ever played.

The actual core driving is brilliant though. With the enhancements on series x too I reckon it’s the best driving game I’ve ever played.

No doubt, I enjoyed the driving sections, playing on PC with an XB1 controller, sweet. It's just the corny commentary can be off putting. Amazing looker of a driving game though, must give it another whirl.

Have you tried Wreckfest? That one is fun too, tougher than Forza I would say, can get frustrating but my driving skills are muck, It's like what you might have dreamt Destruction Derby should have been

Last edited:
No doubt, I enjoyed the driving sections, playing on PC with an XB1 controller, sweet. It's just the corny commentary can be off putting. Amazing looker of a driving game though, must give it another whirl.

Have you tried Wreckfest? That one is fun too, tougher than Forza I would say, can get frustrating but my driving skills are muck, It's like what you might have dreamt Destruction Derby should have been
I’ve not seen that. Is it pc game? I’ve got a lot of Xbox games but mainly only stick to forza h4, cod and fifa

Forza Horizon 4 is on GP as well, it’s a fantastic game. Worth a look if you’ve not already played it.

I played Forza 4 before with my nephew online.
We were playing online one day, trying to make each other crash when we were over taken by someone using a Police van which made us both laugh.

I'm having a lot of fun with Zombie Army 4: Dead War (don't worry - you don't need to play 1 - 3 to understand it: Zombies = bad, nazis = bad, zombie nazis = very bad so you have a couple of guns....).

On GamePass or heavily reduced for the next couple of days.

It serves up gems like this....

View attachment 316438

I had a go of that game last night, but it was a little relentless and repetitive. Perhaps I was too tired to give it a proper chance, would it be worth pursuing or is it pretty much always the same?

I had a go of that game last night, but it was a little relentless and repetitive. Perhaps I was too tired to give it a proper chance, would it be worth pursuing or is it pretty much always the same?

Good question. It's certainly relentless - I've just got an achievement for killing 5,000 zombies. And it's kind of repetitive - go here, do this, oh to do that you need to go find 3 heavy things all over the map whilst battling hundreds of zombies. On the other hand, it's mindless shooting fun with enough variety to keep it interesting (I just encountered my first zombie tank).

If you have GamePass then give it an hour - if you don't like it by the end then move on. If you don't have GP then it's 16 quid for the next day and then goes back to 40. Worth £16 IMO.

Aye I downloaded it on gamepass but then uninstalled. I've got Metro which I've just started to tidy me over and I've got back into Total War Shogun 2 again. I liked World War Z for a while, mainly the horde mode.

I played Forza 4 before with my nephew online.
We were playing online one day, trying to make each other crash when we were over taken by someone using a Police van which made us both laugh.

Finally got a XBSX and gamepass. Forza was my first download (82G!!!!), but after playing for a couple of hours i unstalled it. It feels the same as Forza 3 which I played a lot of. The most interesting thing in it was the scenery and how realistic and accurate it all looks. That is impressive. The gameplay though repetitive.

Started Outriders, just got passed the intro level. Looks decent with new sci fi magical angle mixed into a shooter.

Finally got a XBSX and gamepass. Forza was my first download (82G!!!!), but after playing for a couple of hours i unstalled it. It feels the same as Forza 3 which I played a lot of. The most interesting thing in it was the scenery and how realistic and accurate it all looks. That is impressive. The gameplay though repetitive.

Started Outriders, just got passed the intro level. Looks decent with new sci fi magical angle mixed into a shooter.

It's been a very long time since I played Forza 4 but Forza 7 is worth a download.

It's been a very long time since I played Forza 4 but Forza 7 is worth a download.

I meant Forza 4 Horizon.

I am more into the arcade style of racers, Forza 7 (the regular) series is more sim. I like to crash into cars and use them as buffer in order to bump them off at corners to gain advantage. That tactic doesn't work on sim racers lol

Last edited:
I like to crash into cars and use them as buffer in order to bump them off at corners to gain advantage. That tactic doesn't work on sim racers lol

I do that in any driving game and it's not through choice or tactics :LOL:

Back