Isolation: Any Gamers? Even Old Ones?

Should work, just d/l the xbox client for PC and sign in, should be golden. I'm signed in on PC using my ancient xbox 360 acc, still get achievements for it though not touched the 360 in years

I see a few interesting additions this week, Control just unlocked, will definitely give that one a go, Desperados III also looks fun and if you're into Hero games injustice 2 is up on there too

Hmmm, I've logged into my Microsoft Xbox account on the PC but it's trying to flog me the Game Pass? I've checked my monthly subscription and it's Game Pass Ultimate at £10.99 per month. It used to be Gold a while ago and I upgraded to Ultimate, could this be the issue? Otherwise, me thinks I'm getting fleeced here! lol

Hmmm, I've logged into my Microsoft Xbox account on the PC but it's trying to flog me the Game Pass? I've checked my monthly subscription and it's Game Pass Ultimate at £10.99 per month. It used to be Gold a while ago and I upgraded to Ultimate, could this be the issue? Otherwise, me thinks I'm getting fleeced here! lol

That's odd, should cover you for both. Can't really guide you as I never actually had an XB1, all i know is I'm using my old 360 account on the PC GP without issue. It might be a case of cancelling your sub and re-stating it via PC? Obviously use up what's left on it first

If you do close your current sub, you can re-sign up for just €1 for the first month, I've done so before there's no penalty https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

Last edited:
So that didn't last....Ms just listened to their customers or have in to bullying depending who you believe :)

Fair play I guess, at least they didn't try and come out with some predictable wriggle-out excuse. I wish politicians would admit and own their screw-ups like that. :D Big ask lol

Just tried 'Control' tonight, nice looker of a game but not sure I'm really into it, I'm absoloute crap at shooting games of any kind which doesn't help, keep dying at a specific early stage [you enter the executive area, all reddened out, and there's enemies there with machine guns] it's just turning me off, don't want a frustrating experience. So, if anyone had played this and has any tips? on how not to die so early ... that's be great :D

Turns out my Windows update hadn't been working since last July, but Microsoft online chat got me sorted and now I have access! :D My new problem is that the 500GB SSD has enough free space for perhaps two more games at the very most. Decisions, decisions....

Just tried 'Control' tonight, nice looker of a game but not sure I'm really into it, I'm absoloute crap at shooting games of any kind which doesn't help, keep dying at a specific early stage [you enter the executive area, all reddened out, and there's enemies there with machine guns] it's just turning me off, don't want a frustrating experience. So, if anyone had played this and has any tips? on how not to die so early ... that's be great :D
Have you got any special power yet? It's been a while since I played it.

If I recall, it was hard initially. You got to constantly move between covers and constantly switch between using special power and the weapon. Relying on a single one isn't enough. It gets super easy after you upgrade your super power to grab and throw weakened enemy at their friends.

Hitman 3 looks very interesting. I've played 1 and missed 2. Previously I've played the original, Blood Money and Absolution. I might have to get this and start from 2.

Have you got any special power yet? It's been a while since I played it.

If I recall, it was hard initially. You got to constantly move between covers and constantly switch between using special power and the weapon. Relying on a single one isn't enough. It gets super easy after you upgrade your super power to grab and throw weakened enemy at their friends.

Hitman 3 looks very interesting. I've played 1 and missed 2. Previously I've played the original, Blood Money and Absolution. I might have to get this and start from 2.

I only got the small gun and she can just do a shove that's not very effective in that area as there's a bunch of enemies and one is like a mini boss. He has a machine gun and much higher health than the others. I'll try it again, but it's frustrating because when you die it has to load the area again

Oh I like the Hitman games, didn't know 3 was out.

My news feed has been full of it for weeks :) GOG gave me a free copy of Hitman 2 recently and it's quite good fun but I haven't really got time to invest in it. I bet 3 is lovely.

I watched a couple streams on HM3, looks more of the same really, graphically it seems to have only had a bit of a polish, obviously new missions and story but for me it's hard to see much between it and 2. Of course this means if you liked 2 you'll no doubt enjoy 3. I played HM1 a long time back and just didn't get on with the controls, but as I mentioned re:Control, I'm always terrible at shooting, more comfy with melee, which is why I enjoy the likes of The Witcher or Skyrim much more

Last edited:
Found my old PS2 earlier - it had been "tidied up". Might dig it out and waste some of lockdown restarting GT(whichever edition I have) and maybe watch Ms Croft's butt...

I use my PS4 to play World Championship Snooker 2019, currently number 8 in the world :ROFLMAO: (snooker clubs are closed so this is how I get my fix)

I also love a game called Farming Simulator (literally everyone takes the p1ss out of me for playing it) but it's a good game for when you're just sitting around on your own and killing time. My boys think it's funny though as their fingers and thumbs are going hundred mile an hour on Fortnite and Call of Duty and I'm sitting there harvesting my crops

Last edited:
Thought I would try World War Z as it's a free download. I'm guessing it's an older game as I'm getting 100+ fps lol

It's kinda fun, a little too linear and samey though and seems more like lots of mini games?

Starting to drown under the weight of free games..... :)

I think I've bought 3 games ever (including one which was a gift), my Epic launcher alone has 30 games in it. Then there's Steam, and Ubi.....

Srsly, how are games companies making money?

Not played anything significant recently, but since I still have Game Pass for PC on the go, had a look other night and grabbed 'What remains of Edith Finch' - very short game coming in under 3hrs, but I loved every minute, such variety, humour, emotion in one game - for what is labelled often as a 'walking sim' there's plenty to do and see. Each chapter being very different to the last, each with it's own unique story. I'd highly recomend if you have Game Pass or can find it very cheap, bear in mind the run time - think of it more like an interactive movie. I finished it in one session, threatened to save a couple times but needed to see next chapter.

Oooo good shout. Tried it last night on my trial Game Pass. The first 10 mins I couldn't get into it and then......

It kind of blurs the line on what a game is but is very enjoyable and beautifully drawn.

Oooo good shout. Tried it last night on my trial Game Pass. The first 10 mins I couldn't get into it and then......

It kind of blurs the line on what a game is but is very enjoyable and beautifully drawn.

Nice, I went into it kinda blind, had seen brief snippets here and there but didn't really know what the story was. Loved it, from the moment you reach the house to the end, it packs more variety and emotion into 2.5hrs than most games these days can muster in 10!

Reviewers refer to this type of game as a 'walking sim' which makes sense, as mostly you are walking/exploring, though this one is more involving than most [Gone Home for example, where all you pretty much do is explore a mundane house for clues and the story is boring AF] - I enjoyed the interactions here, and some of the stories stay with you long after [the fishmonger's tale for example or without giving any spoilers, Gregory's story]

Last edited:
Nice, I went into it kinda blind, had seen brief snippets here and there but didn't really know what the story was. Loved it, from the moment you reach the house to the end, it packs more variety and emotion into 2.5hrs than most games these days can muster in 10!

Reviewers refer to this type of game as a 'walking sim' which makes sense, as mostly you are walking/exploring, though this one is more involving than most [Gone Home for example, where all you pretty much do is explore a mundane house for clues and the story is boring AF] - I enjoyed the interactions here, and some of the stories stay with you long after [the fishmonger's tale for example or without giving any spoilers, Gregory's story]

As a review I read put it, it's the perfect game for GamePass. It's far too good to be free - but who is going to pay £20 for it? Also, you can actually finish it in the time it takes lots of systems to download a AAA title :)

I've also been enjoying Inside which was an Epic giveaway. It's a cute little 2d puzzle game with a really nice feel to it. Until the guards get you - then it's actually slightly upsetting.

BTW: Rage 2 is free on Epic from this afternoon.

Started playing when Games and PCs were invented.....Ping Pong was amazing...even coding was interesting then!!! :cool:
Have since played virtually every First Person Shooter game plus a smattering of other types...all on PCs.
Sadly as I reached 80 I just can't get passed the odd Boss so have more or less stopped....my wife who majored on all the Lara Croft games plus many others stopped a couple of years ago...even though she is slightly younger.:oops: :$
Luckily we have always had separate PCs as she has always been involved in many community activities....Zoom/WhatsApp/Team/Messenger/Slack/Facebook all keep her busy but it's not like the recent 'old days'!
Great days.:ROFLMAO:

As a review I read put it, it's the perfect game for GamePass. It's far too good to be free - but who is going to pay £20 for it? Also, you can actually finish it in the time it takes lots of systems to download a AAA title :)

I've also been enjoying Inside which was an Epic giveaway. It's a cute little 2d puzzle game with a really nice feel to it. Until the guards get you - then it's actually slightly upsetting.

BTW: Rage 2 is free on Epic from this afternoon.

I keep missing freebies, Inside sounds like something I'd enjoy. It's 3.99 on sale atm, but that's still 3.99 for a 2hr-ish game, I like free :D Rage is not my type of game, I'm hopeless at most shooting type games

Wreckfest is up on XBGP now if you like casual racers, looks fun, might give it a try later

Started playing when Games and PCs were invented.....Ping Pong was amazing...even coding was interesting then!!! :cool:
Have since played virtually every First Person Shooter game plus a smattering of other types...all on PCs.
Sadly as I reached 80 I just can't get passed the odd Boss so have more or less stopped....my wife who majored on all the Lara Croft games plus many others stopped a couple of years ago...even though she is slightly younger.:oops: :$
Luckily we have always had separate PCs as she has always been involved in many community activities....Zoom/WhatsApp/Team/Messenger/Slack/Facebook all keep her busy but it's not like the recent 'old days'!
Great days.:ROFLMAO:

I do get nostalgic about the earlier vid game days, at 45 I'm that gen that grew with the games when they started to 'get gud. I mostly played the arcades back then, spent all of my pocket money on the likes of Shinobi/Bubble bubble and R-Typpe. Earlier though, re; home gaming, I remember purposely befriending kids in the estate who got ZX spectrum or an Amstrad or C64 for Christmas :D in a house with 6 kids, being the only one into gaming, I was never getting such a thing! My first home console though, was the Sega master system, I was around 10/11 and already behind most, think the mega drive and SNES were already on the way. Good ol' days for sure though, and I feel home gaming continued to be very good right up to about just over a decade ago. Then online just took over. I miss the days of having 10 people in your living room waiting their turn to get in on FIFA or Tekken!

Reactions: EJB
We didn't give turns in First Person Shooters ;)

I wasn't any better at them back then, I preferred to watch - that was the other side of it. Some of that gang in the 'sitting room' as we called it were non gamer pals, just wanted in on the excitement, they just enjoyed watching and cheering the gamers on :)

I know age is merely a number but I find that really cool that you're still into gaming at 80, there's hope for my future, no need to stop for a loooong time yet :D

Reactions: EJB
Started the most recent GTAV online heist and after an hour of what felt like mostly unskipable cut scenes I had to stop and do "dad" things :(

I tried Rocket League on PS4 on recommendation from a friend. I expected to play and forget but it's free so what the heck?
Now I seem to be addicted to it :)
Cross play and free so worth a look esp if you want something you can play for a few minutes at a time without committing to hours and hours.

I finished the main GTAV story on the 360, I have it for PC but just wanted to mod the heck out of it when I was initially testing out my graphic card. I tried online a couple times but it was a hot mess at the time, would have been a few year back - just mayhem, no real structure. Looks to be a lot more refined these days, at least it's had tonnes of updates since, but the only online gaming I do these days is one V one card games like Hearthstone or Gwent, Rocket league looks fun though. Have never gotten round to trying

Truly, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop.

I grew up playing 8 bit games on a Vic20/C64 (anybody remember Jeff Minter? Those were the days...). Then I once found myself between jobs, bought some sort of PlayStation, played Metal Gear Solid start to finish, got a job and sold the PS :) I bit later I got an XBox with Halo and played it until it got hard and then gave up. Never touched games for a while apart from Doom now and again.

Recently I found myself with a powerful PC, a couple of free games from the machine builders and a little time on my hands. I have to say, games have come on quite a bit :) I've put about 70 hours into Cyberpunk and am only about half way through (keep wandering off on side quests) and have put in a decent amount of hours on Watch Dogs Legion.

Last weekend I picked up the remastered Halo for a while and it was fun. Then I thought "why don't I try a modern shooter?". Let's just say, there's a pretty steep learning curve if you go from original Halo to Gears 5...... This week I've discovered Gears Tactics. Not hooked yet, but it is quite a time thief.

Still just playing Civ 6. Keep doing bits of Red Dead Redemption 2 as well but for some reason I get bored with it.

Still just playing Civ 6. Keep doing bits of Red Dead Redemption 2 as well but for some reason I get bored with it.

I found the same problem with Red Dead 2, despite being visually amazing and nice to play it just felt lacking. Perhaps not enough buildings which you can go into or not enough things to buy. Not sure.

I found the same problem with Red Dead 2, despite being visually amazing and nice to play it just felt lacking. Perhaps not enough buildings which you can go into or not enough things to buy. Not sure.
The traveling around bores me at times, a proper fast travel would be better than the stage coach.

Civ6 is what I sink most of my time into 300+ hours so far.

Yeah I got bored with red dead 2. I've been playing fallout 4 on ps4, really good.....interesting story, tons of quests, buildings to loot, enemies, things to build, sides to choose and you can add various mods for free....stops me getting bored.

Truly, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop.

I grew up playing 8 bit games on a Vic20/C64 (anybody remember Jeff Minter? Those were the days...). Then I once found myself between jobs, bought some sort of PlayStation, played Metal Gear Solid start to finish, got a job and sold the PS :) I bit later I got an XBox with Halo and played it until it got hard and then gave up. Never touched games for a while apart from Doom now and again.

Recently I found myself with a powerful PC, a couple of free games from the machine builders and a little time on my hands. I have to say, games have come on quite a bit :) I've put about 70 hours into Cyberpunk and am only about half way through (keep wandering off on side quests) and have put in a decent amount of hours on Watch Dogs Legion.

Last weekend I picked up the remastered Halo for a while and it was fun. Then I thought "why don't I try a modern shooter?". Let's just say, there's a pretty steep learning curve if you go from original Halo to Gears 5...... This week I've discovered Gears Tactics. Not hooked yet, but it is quite a time thief.

I had high hopes for CP77 but it looks to be a disappointment overall with all the glitches and bugs, have watched a few streamers play it and it just didn't grab me. I adore their older game, The Witcher 3, put about 150hrs into that and still have the DLC expansions to get through, took a break from it for a while. I'd stopped gaming for a couple year because the kids took over the console and the laptop I was using wasn't fit for playing anything decent. Got myself a half decent PC at start of lockdown last year and it's reinvigorated my taste for gaming. I can run pretty much anything on max settings 1080p, which is sufficient for me for now, do plan to get a better monitor at some point and try some 1440p - might need to upgrade the gpu in that case but happy enough for now

I used to love gaming but very few titles keep my interest these days.

I can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
I wish I keep wipe my memory and play Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 again.

I had high hopes for CP77 but it looks to be a disappointment overall with all the glitches and bugs, have watched a few streamers play it and it just didn't grab me. I adore their older game, The Witcher 3, put about 150hrs into that and still have the DLC expansions to get through
Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty good. There are certain quest-lines that is very well executed and there are some that are clearly rushed. But overall I felt it was an excellent action adventure game, not as well polished as GTA but certainly up there. I don't play much RPG so can't comment from that perspective.
On a well spec'd PC with fast SSD, you should have very few actually noticeable bugs and fewer game breaking bugs.

A little gem I found is Superliminal. It's like Portal but with object perspective. A fun little game for all photographers.

Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty good. There are certain quest-lines that is very well executed and there are some that are clearly rushed. But overall I felt it was an excellent action adventure game, not as well polished as GTA but certainly up there. I don't play much RPG so can't comment from that perspective.
On a well spec'd PC with fast SSD, you should have very few actually noticeable bugs and fewer game breaking bugs.

A little gem I found is Superliminal. It's like Portal but with object perspective. A fun little game for all photographers.

Oooh, this Superliminal looks something I might enjoy, have played Portal and Stanley Parable, also love me a decent puzzle game. It's €16 though, how long is it?

Around 8 levels, ~20min each level if I recall. Not very long, but they change up the weirdness each level so gameplay changes throughout. The end message is really well said.
£16 is a bit much though, I think it was a bit over £10 for me.

Around 8 levels, ~20min each level if I recall. Not very long, but they change up the weirdness each level so gameplay changes throughout. The end message is really well said.
£16 is a bit much though, I think it was a bit over £10 for me.

I'll watch out for sales, have found it for a tenner [about £8.60 UK] on one of those cdkey sites already, a little less and I'll be tempted

Back