weekly Its My 52 - (2012) ---> Week 23, 24 & 25

Name
Dade
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey folks,
I see a lot of you are doing a 52 again and good for you. I have set myself the challenge of doing one again, only I will set my own theme within a theme.

I am basing all my images around food and drink (as the overall theme) and each week I have a list of topic to shoot. Hopefully you will like what you see and leave comments eitherway.

So off we go.

Week 1 - COLOUR
6658670441_42e4a8dcf8.jpg

Week 2 - CIRCULAR
6710674961_e37fd9d623.jpg

Week 3 - BREAKFAST
6740946713_0733b33efe.jpg

Week 4 - Hi-Key
6792378309_75858f7087.jpg

Week 5 - Rustic
6869833283_3e5c453764.jpg

Week 6 - Power
6869838603_36cbb6a600.jpg

Last edited:
Fair point ;)

I have correct that issue.

Thanks Tom

Great (y) and I love that marmite photo (y) that is really great :clap: the second is also very good (y) but it's the first that makes it for me :D

Matt

Marmite shot is superb very well thought out shame it's such a vile product to shoot :), look forward to seeing the weeks ahead

Hi Dade - good to drop in on your thread. As always the shots are original, high-quality and very striking - well done!

Better late than never as they say! OK I am now caught up - had a few jobs that got in the way :)

So week 5 - Rustic. I wanted something that looked and fitted the part and I thinks this works quite well. I can tell you it was damn tasty :)

Week 6 - Power. For this I thought long and hard about possibilities but I must say I am very happy with the general concept and finished product.

Hi Dade

just found your thread & now feeling incredibly hungry :D

Love the pancakes for the stunning background color & drop of syrup

The Egg takes top spot for me...beautifully simple & very striking

Power...excellent :clap::clap:

will be keeping an eye out from now on for your next submissions (y)

Welcome back to the 52 madness Dade :clap:

Your thread in 2010(?) was fantastic, so I'm really pleased to see you taking on the challenge again. Unfortunately I've been really rubbish with comments over the last few weeks, but hoping to get myself back on track again from this week.

And you've really not disappointed at all with your photos so far.

I know how difficult food shots can be, but I have to say that both breakfast and rustic are superb. Brilliant lighting, beautifully sharp and most importantly they both look absolutely delicious.
The simplicity of power really works well, and the subtlety of the love and hate adds a completely new dimension. It doesn't hit you in the face straight away, and as soon as you notice it you have one of those "oh yeah" moments.

And I love the Marmite one, even though I have no idea how you managed to pull it off :LOL:.

The only one I'm not too sure about is hi-key. It's a little too abstract for me, and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at.

Hey Sarah,
thanks for the comments and your kind words about my work. As for not understanding the Hi-key image, don't worry ;)

Food is indeed a challenge, but a fun one where I get to eat the final results :naughty:

Lots of good work in your 52 Dade, you certainly have a talent in lighting your subjects. The marmite image is the standout one for me. Oh and I saw your egg balanced on the forks photograph posted on 500pix, I like that a lot too. Iain

I'm really enjoying your images and very impressed with your creativity. That's also a real challenge for you. Food photography is very niche but you have a genuine talent for it

Hey Sarah,
thanks for the comments and your kind words about my work. As for not understanding the Hi-key image, don't worry ;)

Food is indeed a challenge, but a fun one where I get to eat the final results :naughty:

Some great images Dade, love the marmite, Have you eaten week 9 yet ??? :muted:

These are all wonderful shots Dade, loving every one.

I did an almost identical alphabetty spaghetti shot for my Mum's Mothers Day card this year! Got the idea from one of the photo mags just before Christmas!

Lovely work as usual Dade, I particularly like the lighting on 'Lunch', is it natural lighting you used?
Are you working with a list of themes or have you been coming up with something each week? Iain

Hey Iain, thanks - it was natural light, I should have got a little closer to the window, but hey :)

Yeah I have a list for each week and working my way through it ;)

Week 15 added - boy Im falling behind so quickly!!!

This was simply enough - flash above with umbrella and some cakes to play with - I laid them out in Binary code, which spells ART :)

Having fell VERY behind with this project I have played catch up and posted a month worth of images!!!

Week 17 - Dinner
7232265650_ef6b7c54c4.jpg

Week 18 - Above
7232267586_c425001459.jpg

Week 19 - Hate
7232272168_452cb6e45d.jpg

Week 20 - Shape
7232279368_0315b51f5e.jpg

Hope you like them ;)

Last edited:
I love all of this; like DK, I can't choose a fave!

Back