Jamin100's Project 52 for 2011 - Week 8 / 9 & 10 NOW ADDED :)

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Photo List
Week 1 (this post)
Week 2 New
Week 3 Style
Week 4 Open
Week 5 Hard
Week 6 Clutter
Week 7 Delicate re-done
Week 8 Chaos
Week 9 - Finnish & Week 10 - Trio

Week 1 - Accommodation

Thought a lot about this and whilst photographing a house would have been obvious, I thought it may be harder with the composition. So whilst out in the garden I came about this abandoned "house"..

C&C Welcome

Project52.jpg by BenR167, on Flickr

Also here:
BenRichards.co.uk - My Project 52
Flickr - My Project 52

Lets hope I can complete it - :)

Last edited:
Love the take on the theme.

The detail in the shell is great, shame the DOF has left the top of the shell out slightly but that is just my opinion.

Must put my thinking cap on and get going with this.

Love the idea, good imagination, like the shot

Steve

Great minds think alike, but unfortunately you beat me to it .... not to mention you shooo'ed all the snails out of my garden with that one, so no wonder I had no luck finding any today :LOL:

Well done! :clap:

Fortunately I have another idea ;)

I look forward to seeing the rest of your '52'.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks for all your comments. I see what you mean about the DOF at the top of the shell.

Will keep that in mind for future weeks...

Thanks all

A great take on the theme and I love the way you have framed the photograph - I haven't got to grips with framing - must give a try.

Great idea that shell, The detail in those is always interesting (y)

Nice shot and well framed - I was thinking of something along those lines. Will have to decide whether to post it or think of something different now :)

lol the theme "new" has come about 2 weeks too early for me as my wife is expecting our 3rd child 2 weeks today!

She will be "new" lol...

Oh well, better get thinking!

Ok well here is my take on "New"

Although the first part is obvious, the part that isnt is that this was taken with my NEW Nikon D90 :)

C&C welcome..

Project52-2.jpg by BenR167, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hiya,

Wow that is very clever, although obviously not a QWERTY keyboard.

I touch type and as a result would produce gobbledygook if I had to use that keyboard :LOL:

The focus and DOF are spot on and the angle at which you took it is just right to get the focus on the NEW.

I'm well impressed :)

Look forward to seeing your photo for the next theme.

Cheers

Hiya,

Wow that is very clever, although obviously not a QWERTY keyboard.

I touch type and as a result would produce gobbledygook if I had to use that keyboard :LOL:

The focus and DOF are spot on and the angle at which you took it is just right to get the focus on the NEW.

I'm well impressed :)

Look forward to seeing your photo for the next theme.

Cheers

lol, thanks. It was a QWERTY keyboard that I hacked around.
Got to put it back together now!

Great take on 'new' and your focus on the letters is spot one - great shot. Also congratulation on your new camera - obviously doing the business :clap:

Thanks a lot for the info on borders ... I have Elements 7 which does have a facility for adding borders and I have watched a video on you tube but my efforts have not been very satisfactory so far. No doubt I am missing the point somewhere :bonk:

Great take on 'new' and your focus on the letters is spot one - great shot. Also congratulation on your new camera - obviously doing the business :clap:

Thanks a lot for the info on borders ... I have Elements 7 which does have a facility for adding borders and I have watched a video on you tube but my efforts have not been very satisfactory so far. No doubt I am missing the point somewhere :bonk:

Im doing these on export in Lightroom 3. I posted a video further up in this thread detailing how its done.

Really simple . . .

I like it because I can instantly see what settings ive used without having to find the EXIF

"Im doing these on export in Lightroom 3. I posted a video further up in this thread detailing how its done."

Thanks Jamin, I have had a look at the video but unfortunately it looks very different to Elements - no doubt the penny will drop with me sooner or later - I don't seem to be able to get the frame to fit the photograph in the way I want, it somehow seems to choose its own size - I will just have to keep trying :)

Last edited:
the best 2 shots i've seen in this "competition"... very immaginative and very well executed shots... 5star

the best 2 shots i've seen in this "competition"... very immaginative and very well executed shots... 5star

wow..... thanks!
(mind you I don't agree, I've seen some absolutely fantastic shots in peoples threads!)

lol, thanks. It was a QWERTY keyboard that I hacked around.
Got to put it back together now!

:LOL: I was thinking today of how you did that and then realise this is what you must have done. The things we do for a great image :)

Well done!

Cheers

Lol, those keys are going to be so wobbly now :)

Its worth it though, lovely shot :D

Well executed on both ideas so far, and good job picking up a NEW D90!

Liking this!

First thought was it was made up of a number of shots taken of the N, E and W keys and then photoshopped together LOL! Easier to swap the keys!

... reminds me of the time years ago when we swapped the N and M keys of one of my old work colleagues who wasn't exactly profficient with a keyboard. He got into a right mess that day...

Liking this!

First thought was it was made up of a number of shots taken of the N, E and W keys and then photoshopped together LOL! Easier to swap the keys!

... reminds me of the time years ago when we swapped the N and M keys of one of my old work colleagues who wasn't exactly profficient with a keyboard. He got into a right mess that day...

I work in IT for a school and regularly have the little darlings re-arranging the letters on the keyboards to make rude words.

week 1 I love, but would like a tiny bit more DOF so all shell is in focus

week 2 is ace - such a clever idea!!!!

I work in IT for a school and regularly have the little darlings re-arranging the letters on the keyboards to make rude words.
Just be glad PCs don't come with floppy drives any more - back when I was at school so many cheese slices ended up in them... (not me, of course)

liking the DOF for week 2, it then dawned on my about it spelling NEW.. doh.. on the fringes of the box there, well thought out as it close but not overpowering me.

Back