weekly Jaycee' 52 for '22 .........Finished

Nice idea and composition, and the coloured vinyl works well.

Thanks for the comments.

I did try Black but preferred the coloured vinyl. Interestingly the vinyl is recycled and the second disc is green rather than the pink.

Proper sense of listening to music when there’s a turntable and vinyl involved. Yes, it’s a surprise that such high definition and sensitive pieces of kit are held in place with a couple of screws and some bits of electric cable to communicate !

Week 30 "Dusty"

Inspired by some of the harvesting pictures I thought I can do that, plenty of fields around me ......

...a few snaps later. Whilst it may not win any awards that's what it was like as the tractor went past.

Week 30 Dusty by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's making me sniffle and cough just looking at it John. Hope you had your windows up!

It's making me sniffle and cough just looking at it John. Hope you had your windows up!

I was standing on the other side of the fense holding my breath .....:p
:eek:

Sensor clean in 3...2...1.

It gives a sense of what's going on. I love how much it blocks out the light.

That is most definitely dusty. I left my car boot open while I was taking some shots. Needs a bit of a clean out now!!

Ah, that looks familiar John- Porthkerry viaduct. Nice spot for a picnic!

That's a great take on the theme John. An interesting image.

Week 34 "Small"

Although the boat looks small in the picture, it's actually far away .........:banana:

Week 34 small by John, on Flickr

That's a good image for the theme John.
Well spotted and just the right amount of sea and land/sky to emphasise the theme.

Works well. Dappled light on the sea too :)

That's a good image for the theme John.
Well spotted and just the right amount of sea and land/sky to emphasise the theme.

Works well. Dappled light on the sea too :)

Thanks guys, the sun was directly in front so it really did look nice, not sure if a longer shade would have brought the land out a bit.

Two good images John.
Square: love the close up and the distance shot for context
Small: a lovely image

Square. Nice image. I think I would opt for the first shot. Lots of square and nicely balanced.
Small. Your comment made me smile. The light on the water really sparkles.

Nice shot John, and a bonus capture of the Minehead Butlins pavilions too!

Week 35 Snappers Choice

Taken whilst waiting for a KIngfisher to arrive ( it didn't)

I have a few pictures of Robins but I particularly like this one

Week 35 Snappers choice by John, on Flickr

Nice friendly Robin you have captured, crisp sharp against the green background.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I would have preferred it, if it was on a branch or post

What a beautiful shot John, love the composition and the depth of field.

So cute. Lovely background colour makes him stand out.

Nicely shot Robin John!

Lovely sharp Robin against a beautiful background. Colours are lovely.

What a beautiful shot John, love the composition and the depth of field.

I can only echo the others, that is a really lovely shot!

Thanks for the comments, It didn't stay long so I was glad to get a nice pic of it.

Week 36 'Scape

Two scenes of the same stretch of coast, one looking East and the other West. One from July and the other September

Week 36 scape by John, on Flickr

Week 36 Scape 2 by John, on Flickr

Some interesting rock strata in your shots John, where is it, I guess South Wales or North Somerst?

Pete

Some interesting rock strata in your shots John, where is it, I guess South Wales or North Somerst?

Pete

South Wales. the cliffs are made up of layers of Limestone and shingle. The shingle erodes at a quicker pace than the Limestone resulting in regular rockfalls

Two interesting shots John, the first is more visually appealing due to its colour but I find the second to be interesting.

Back