weekly Jaycee' 52 for '22 .........Finished

Last edited:
I like that. You've captured the movement nicely.

The wind today was the very reason I picked a few chives and stuck them in a vase :D The wind always seems to get up when I even think about flower photography.

Nice shot John - that wind was fierce today - was trying (and mostly failing) to play golf in it!

That's cool, does it have some meaning/purpose? Or did someone just have some time on their hands?

An interesting thing, but could there be a better shot there?
Obviously I don't know the constraints when you took the shot, but things to consider when composing this shot may have been:
Placing the subject on a third rather than central
Capturing the shadow as well as the subject.

That said, for all I know there was something close by that could preclude doing any of that, or it was actually your vision to centralise the subject it the shot.

An interesting thing, but could there be a better shot there?
Obviously I don't know the constraints when you took the shot, but things to consider when composing this shot may have been:
Placing the subject on a third rather than central
Capturing the shadow as well as the subject.

That said, for all I know there was something close by that could preclude doing any of that, or it was actually your vision to centralise the subject it the shot.
Thanks for the critique,....... I am here to learn ..... here is the structure in context, no hindrances at all

View: https://i.imgur.com/QTFeXuR.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, definite conundrum there.
It appears that the left hand side gives more context (you can see it's on a beach, not top of a hill, and where the stones have come from). The right hand side is where the shadow lies but potentially less interesting / less context.

This could be one of those shots where you have to wait a few hours (or days) for the light.
I think ideally you would have the shadow coming in from the left, creating a leading line to the stone, across the beach.

But, that relies on having the opportunity to wait for the shot, something that may not even be possible.

I saw that bank of fog from up at Pencoedtre John - looked ominous!

We went to the ship about 7 O'Clock and the fog passed by fairly quickly, wish I had my camera with me then.

Ah, that looks familiar! :)
Unusual angle for the shot, and works nicely John.

Ah, that looks familiar! :)
Unusual angle for the shot, and works nicely John.
Thanks Simon, I may re-take it at some stage and get lower or lie down, it was half way down the field sitting on the bench with a 300mm lens

I think that needs more contrast or haze reduction looking at it on my laptop, ( rubbish screen), Think I would crop a bit of that feature less sky out.

Pete

Technology - Is it the continual forward movement that prevents it from falling, with the speed reduction causing the corresponding drop in altitude?

Discarded - Definitely had more of a industrial byproduct look to it. Nice level of detail and well thought out.

Flora - The feeling of movement is very evident, might have considered a slightly wider shot to frame the elements (I don't know what they are either!).

Unusual - I do like the composition of the wider shot, I'm guilty too at times of thinking the close up is the photo to get without thinking about the wider area.

Snappers Choice - Would benefit from slightly less sky, being the biggest and brightest part of the scene your eyes are drawn to it.

I like the composition of the shot John, is there a story to the bridge?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
I like how the mass of white blossoms seems to be surrounded by the green of the tree in the back.

The black branches of the background tree enhance the shape of your subject. Nice one.

Thanks for the comments guys, there are only a few of these in the park so they do stand out.

Porthkerry Park a bit of history

That looks like a rather beautiful guitar - and handcrafted in Wales - have you handcrafted it yourself? That looks like a work of art.

That looks like a rather beautiful guitar - and handcrafted in Wales - have you handcrafted it yourself? That looks like a work of art.

Thank you. yes I made it myself, a hobby I haven't much time for now unfortunately

Week 18 Sunrise

Still not 100% so I went with an archived shot from a few months ago

t6K4iLi.jpg

This is a beautiful shot John. What city?
Thanks for the comments guys, the colour changed so much in a few minutes.

This is Barry South Wales, looking over what used to be docklands now mostly residential / commercial

Back