Joining Fuji after 5 years of Nikon

Name
Nessa
Edit My Images
No
So I sold my old D5300 to get the beautiful Fuji X-T3. Any pointers for a Fuji beginner? I'm still trying to figure out the menu on this one

If you have any problems, or anything specific to ask, just give us a shout. I love my XT-3, what lenses do you have?

If you have any problems, or anything specific to ask, just give us a shout. I love my XT-3, what lenses do you have?

Thanks! I'll probably have loads of questions by the end of today

For lenses, I only have the XF 18-55 that came with the camera. Planning on getting either the 55-230 next or a 23, but I'll get comfortable with the camera first
What lenses have you got?

XT2 owner here. Got 10-24, 35 and 18-55mm. Id go for the 55-200 which is a better lens and personally im more a 35mm guy than a 23mm guy. I have a Samyang 12mm for my sony and Im thinking about getting one for Fuji as well but also the 16mm f1.4, the 56mm f1.2 and the 80mm macro are tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nod

For lenses, I only have the XF 18-55 that came with the camera. Planning on getting either the 55-230 next or a 23, but I'll get comfortable with the camera first
I've got the 18-55 you have, plus the 56 1.2R, 100-400 and 50-140. I moved over after 20 years on Canon. It's a great setup.

Welcome to the Fuji fold!

NO system is perfect but the Fuji comes as close as any to it (for me).

As Soeren has said, the 55-200 is better than the older 50-230 but is also more expensive.

As a zoom system, the 10-24, 18-135 and 100-400 works for me, especially with a 1.4x teleconverter behind the 100-400. Makes it a bit slow but up the ISO (not a problem on the X-T2 & 3) and accept the limitation.

You will love the X-T3 and that lens is a cracker too for a kit lens. If the other lens you want is the XC 50-230mm it is very good or the XF 55-200mm is better as it has a metal mount.
I never had the XF 55-200mm but did have the XC 50-230mm it is cheaper but it will give out great results but all Fuji glass is great.

Last edited:
You won’t regret it, my favourite Fuji lens is the XF 50-140mm f/2.8 brilliant, closely followed by the XF 35mm f/1.4. Traded all my Canon gear with Wex during a cashback promotion haven’t looked back. The 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 with 1.4 tc is a good combination but no where as good as my old Canon f4 500, but at least I can get in in my hand luggage and actually use for a change. Th main reason for my change is travel and cabin baggage allowance.

I'm sure you won't regret it; I put a toe in the Fuji water 15 months ago and my Nikon gear has barely seen any action since - in fact I will be selling the last items as there's no reason to keep it. I like the Fuji system, size and weight, ergonomics and of course the results.

The thread shared above by 'twist' is full of Fuji users with advice, opinions and images to share. Hope to see you there :)

I`d been shooting Nikon all my (limited) life, and moved over to an X-T2 ... Haven`t regretted it one bit. As twist linked, there`s a lot of help and info in said thread. If in doubt, just ask :)

I made the switch from Nikon to Fuji a few years back, never felt I was missing anything, Fuji cameras and lenses are top quality. The 50-230 isn't bad, it just needs to be used in good light, it's not the best build and maybe not the sharpest lens, but if you only want the reach for casual use it's perfectly fine. The 55-200 is a superior lens, it's much better built, has better OIS, it's a fair bit brighter at the long end and it's a bit sharper. It depends on the price you can get it for, it's a little high new, but can be got for about £400 used.

Last edited:
Back