weekly Joshwain's Photo52 of 2012. - Week 7 added! (Root)

Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I've been talked in to doing a Photo52 even though I'm extremely new to photography. My photos won't exactly be the best but I hope this challenge will help me in gaining more knowledge and understanding of the photography world.

I've given myself 5 jokers which will be turned RED after being used.
JOKER
JOKER
JOKER
JOKER
JOKER

I've given myself quite a few as I'm currently at college doing A-Levels so some weeks I may be a little caught up in revision and what not, although I'll be aiming to use as few jokers as possible.

I'm not going to bother with reshoot cards as I want to see how my abilities have progressed over the course of the 52 weeks.

Anyhow, below are direct links to my photos for each week:
Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 : Fear JOKER
Week 3 : Sigh
Week 4 : Sweet
Week 5 : Secure
Week 6 : Industry
Week 7 : Root
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Feel free to wish me luck and give me plenty of constructive criticism!

Thanks,
Josh. :woot:

Last edited:
Mmmmm I'm becoming more tempted but I don't think I'll have the disciplin to keep up to it!
Good luck with yours Josh..I'll try and give plenty of p*** taking...ooops constructive critiscism lol when I can

Good luck Josh, hope to see your interpretations.

Great to have you on board don't hesitate to get in touch if I can help with ideas or technical know-how. I'm a tad intimidated too which is why I am using my camera phone to get me going - tee hee! Mandy

Well, here it is. I really didn't know how to interpret direction so I've been deep in thought and come back with this.

Photo52 (1) - Direction by Joshwain, on Flickr
ISO 800
f/5.6
1/160 sec

So, the thought behind it. This is a page from my AS Level Geography text book and in focus is the word 'meanders'. Meanders occur when rivers reach a different type of ground which causes the river to take a different course. Another way in which this shot could be interpreted is the fact that this text book will have an affect on my exams and essentially my future, therefore having an influence in what "direction" I go in life :)

Well done Josh ....a well thought out start to your project.
I was thinking maybe Gromit would come up with a "Photo52amatic" but I don't think you're going to need his help!
Already looking forward to seeing next weeks effort.....

Good sharp shot. on theme and well executed. Nice use of dof.

My only crit is that as it is so close, detail is important. The curl on the top of the page is slightly irritating. A lot of curls showing a well used book would be fine, but it needs to be pristine as there is no other mark.

Just my opinion :shrug:

My only crit is that as it is so close, detail is important. The curl on the top of the page is slightly irritating. A lot of curls showing a well used book would be fine, but it needs to be pristine as there is no other mark.

Yeah, that is quite annoying. I wanted that part of that specific page though so it couldn't be helped. I think it's easy enough to get over :p

Hi Josh

great start to your project....well thought out & nicely executed....good use of DOF, like the simple tones (the curl on the page I didn't even see until I read the comment about it )... :clap:

nice work & keep it up...only 51 weeks left

Hiya Josh,

Well done on you taking the plunge to do the Photo52 :clap:, now stick with it mate (y)

I don't normally do this, but Tina has a point here so I am all with her comments.

Good luck with your project, I will keep up to date with how you are progressing.

Cheers

Dawn ;)

Hiya Josh,

Well done on you taking the plunge to do the Photo52 :clap:, now stick with it mate (y)

I don't normally do this, but Tina has a point here so I am all with her comments.

Good luck with your project, I will keep up to date with how you are progressing.

Cheers

Dawn ;)

Thanks, I'll be more prepared for next week so I'll hopefully get something better up. That was just a last minute "it's too late to go out" shot :LOL:

Thanks, I'll be more prepared for next week so I'll hopefully get something better up. That was just a last minute "it's too late to go out" shot :LOL:

So early in the game, that is not good enough Josh :bat: :rules:

:LOL:

D x

ps....don't forget to update the spreadsheet...makes it far simpler to track who's done what....link in 1st post where the themes are added each week...just stick an x in the box next to your name under the relevant theme..........I've updated wk 1 for you :)

ps....don't forget to update the spreadsheet...makes it far simpler to track who's done what....link in 1st post where the themes are added each week...just stick an x in the box next to your name under the relevant theme..........I've updated wk 1 for you :)

I'm confused :p

Great first shot Josh, nice use of DoF and a sharp image. I'm sure you can keep it up :D This year is my first 52, I'm going to try my best haha.

I haven't had much time for this week's subject as I sat my AS Law exam yesterday so I'm going to try take it and upload it tomorrow. Watch this space ;)

Well done on your first shot Josh, a different interpretation on the theme well executed

A week and a day late, here it is - joker or not. I've had my first A-Level Law exam and had English coursework to complete this week so I haven't really had time to do anything fun. I haven't even been active on the forums, goshh! :puke:

Photo52 (2) - JOKER Fear by Joshwain, on Flickr

As I said in my original post, I have limited myself to 5 jokers which will I will try to avoid using. So yeah, a week in and I have already used one. I promise you I'll find time in later weeks though! (y)

Fortunately on time and on topic, this is my take on "sigh."

Photo52 (3) - Sigh by Joshwain, on Flickr
ISO 800
f/4.0
1/180 sec

As you may or may not know, I'm currently a student studying A-Levels at Barnsley college. Being a student, I obviously don't have a job so my pocket is quite empty! :LOL: I know it's a simple interpretation and not exactly the most ambitious of shots but I have exams and coursework running round my head and taking over my life at the moment.

I sincerely promise once I have my share of free time back, the quality will improve!

Well, I definitely have a sigh with regards to funds at this time of year!! :D

I like the DoF of the shot and can understand the Sigh as money seems to be flying out of one hand into someone elses, without passing your pocket.

Chris

Nice shot! I think maybe a bill would have worked better for this interpretation than money, but I do get it and it looks really good.

Back