weekly Judi's 52 in 2014 week 33 and 34 added

Hey judi sounds like your having a similar problem to me with your 52
Architectural - some lovely images there again as the others have mentioned the church shot is the pick of the bunch just a shame about the cars / bollard but not much can be done about that
Promise - is that a promise to yourself? I was thinking about doing the same with a current motorcycle project I have started but went for a poor egg shot instead... I like what you have done the random positioning of the bulbs a bargain price too :) bonus

Thank you Craig :) yes I am having a few problems, a Microsoft upgrade took my computer out, it took the repair man 3 weeks to get to mine he had so many with the same problem!!

Hey Judi :)
Architectural - It's the church shot for me... Great job in the editing on this one, straightened up the verticals really well, cloned out the bollard nicely too, Losing the cars would have finished the image off beautifully, like the colours you have brought out of the sky and stonework (y)
Promise - Now planting that lot would certainly brighten up any garden, I too like the randomness of the packs, again nice colours too :)
Thanks Dean :) wish I had the room to plant some, an Aldi display slightly re-arranged.

Hi Judi
Architectural - #1 for me. Never mind about the cars - sometimes these things just get in the way. Good verticals and you've done well in post to enhance the image - just the right about of processing for me :)
Promise - I like it. Simple enough shot but theoretically simple shots can be difficult to get right. Colours, exposure and focusing all spot on. Composition and arrangement works too.
Well done!
Thank you Paul :) Its impossible to get a shot with out the cars during the day, I might just try a night time shot sometime.

Good work on the church for achitecture... nice to see the original, good work on the verticals and the bollard. They are two things that HAD to be sorted for me, so well done there, the cars could I'm sure be made to disappear too, if you had enough time and inclination. (And practise at cloning, :)) But they were there... Lovely light and viewpoint though.

Interesting Tudor building too, looks like you'd have your work cut out trying to straighten that one (digitallY)! :)

I do like to see a dog in the sea, our litle Cavalier KCS won;t go in. (She can swim, just chooses not to!) Super sharp on the dog, and a hint of a sparkle in the wave too.

Fall I guess is your grandson, first for the theme definately, has a look of falling, rather than just laying on the grass.

Nice to have you back after your computer troubles. :)

Good work on the church for achitecture... nice to see the original, good work on the verticals and the bollard. They are two things that HAD to be sorted for me, so well done there, the cars could I'm sure be made to disappear too, if you had enough time and inclination. (And practise at cloning, :)) But they were there... Lovely light and viewpoint though.
Interesting Tudor building too, looks like you'd have your work cut out trying to straighten that one (digitallY)! :)
I do like to see a dog in the sea, our litle Cavalier KCS won;t go in. (She can swim, just chooses not to!) Super sharp on the dog, and a hint of a sparkle in the wave too.
Fall I guess is your grandson, first for the theme definately, has a look of falling, rather than just laying on the grass.

Nice to have you back after your computer troubles. :)

Thanks Graham, nice to be back I will have a lot of work to do to catch up though :)

afraid my cloning skills are not up to taking out the cars, one day with lots of practice maybe,
Gem loves the sea can't keep her out, not actually been swimming yet,
Harry my Great Grandson acted the falls for me,these 2 were part of a sequence.

Hi Judi, good to see you back, number 1 for architecture as it looks sharper than 2 i would rather have the sharpness of 1 with the diverging angles of 2, if you know what i mean.
Promise certainly ays promise so on theme for me
Sparkle not a lot of sparkle there but I can forgive that as its a lovely dog enjoying the sea
Fall 1 works best for me because of the position he is in, really does give the impression of him falling

Love the little dog shot, nice DoF. (y)

And the kid falling about laughing, ... well stage. :clap:

Hi, Sharp #2 for me. I like the composition. I'd rather the top tool wasn't there and it works well as a B&W.

Pure, on theme and good detail.

Cheers.

Some great images there Judi. (y) ... I particularly like the dog in the water. :)

Leather work Judi, one of your skills??

I like the first to set the scene a little, but want to see more detail in the tools themselves.... Which is served up beautifully in the second. Great textures and detail in the wooden bench as well as the tool and the sharpening block.

Pure looks yummy and is ideal for the theme.

Sharp - As far as the theme goes, I think #1 fits best, lots of very sharp-looking tools there! But I prefer #2 for overall composition, colours and the detail in the wooden workbench and chisel handle. Puts me in mind of my Grandad's shed when I was a child many, many years ago.

Pure - Love this one, it makes me want to reach out and take a big bite :clap:

HI Judi

OMG.....have I really missed sooo many :crying:

Architecture...both well exposed ,pity about the people and cars but hey , it is was it is !

Promise.....not really my cuppa tea but not an easy theme so top marks for coming up with something

Sparkle...like it , gorgeous pooch , sparkly water...what's not to like (y)

Fall 1...caught the action well, just a smidge of movement in the hair, nicely placed in the frame (y)

Half....good idea , well exposed but lacking in a little something.....smaller DOF maybe or a tighter crop just to add a bit of oomph ?

Sharp 2 for me...has a lovely old fashioned feel to me (y) Maybe a little boost in colors to make it pop a bit more ?

Pure.....again, well exposed & super sharp (y) I'd have left the marg lid out & gone for slightly lower POV maybe ?

Sparkle - lovely looking dog, just not sure that I am seeing much sparkle sorry.

Fall - fits the theme and nice image I like it.

Sharp - both images fit the theme plenty of sharp things to see, I think the second image for composition works better for me.

Pure - looks like a nice product shot, composition works for the image nicely done.

Last edited:
Hi Judi

Sharp..... compositions a bit busy on the first, certainly fits the theme, possibly 'less is more' for me here :) .....is the leather work something you do? would have worked well for 'skill' too :)

Pure, .... Good detail, image looks very sharp (y), again though, possibly a different composition, unsure why but I'd have preferred to see the lid on the tub, knife on the plate edge and a slightly lower pov ,sorry :)

Hi Judi

Catch up time

Architectural - #1 - lovely building and blessed with a complementary sky. Good position in frame
#2 - now that is a nice bandstand. What a pity that it could not be separated from the other buildings - but you have to work with that. Like the bloke having a rest on the steps
Promise - of spring to come? I like the randomness and the colours but pity that some of the packets are completely the wrong way up - other angles are OK
Sparkle - nice shot of the dog - obvious from the shot that he has spotted something of interest in the distance and he looks at ease in the water and next to the waves. Not sure about the connection to the theme tho :LOL:
Fall - #1 is smashing - sense of motion and I can feel the thud. (y)
Sharp - #1 on theme, sharp and well exposed - poss crop left and top in order to concentrate on the sharp bits.
#2 - simple , good light and subtle natural tones (y)
Pure - works and made me smile - don't know why but it did. Warm and homely shot. Agree with Lynne @blondie606 that the lid is not needed

Hi Judi... sorry I haven't been around to comment. Just catching up now.

Fall and Sparkle - both on theme and cute pictures. I think you've shot stronger photos but I'm going to hazard a guess that because of the subjects they mean a lot more to you than they do to us. In terms of technicals, no crit possible as they're spot on.

Sharp - fascinating set of implements... remind me not to get on your wrong side :) Very well shot, lit and positioned. For me probably the second sharp one is even more interesting but they're both good.

Pure - on theme but not as strong as some of your others. Probably a plain plate would help focus the viewer on the subject more, but it's a technically well taken photo and allows you to move onto the next theme :) Thinking about it more, I think it's the fairly upright POV which might be doing it for me as the lighting is just right and compositionally it's good.

Back