Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

Like both the hold pictures but the first one does fit slightly better with the hold theme. Very brave of mad climbers certainly wouldn't catch me up there!:runaway:Interesting take on the smoke theme lol. Is it actually the crem in the background? It looks more like a warehouse:( Hope it looks a bit more welcoming from the front :welcome:

Well that made me spit my tea out! I like the dark humour :) Lovely old wall- let's hope that building does mature.
Thanks Emma, glad it made you laugh

Nice to see a Smoke shot that doesn't appear to include any smoke. (y)
Less is sometimes more? Thanks David

Like both the hold pictures but the first one does fit slightly better with the hold theme. Very brave of mad climbers certainly wouldn't catch me up there!:runaway:Interesting take on the smoke theme lol. Is it actually the crem in the background? It looks more like a warehouse:( Hope it looks a bit more welcoming from the front :welcome:
Thanks Georgina, yes that's the Crem it's in a rural area and I think they were going for the "farm building" look, which may not be entirely appropriate?

Well you got me there Chris. I started looking for the arsonist / fire before I spotted the sign for the Crem.
Excellent alternative take on the theme :)
Thanks Tim, it wasn't my first idea but it amused me to post it.

Vivid, two very good shots Chris my choice has to be the 1st one. Really beautiful light and like the sun reflection :cool:
Thanks Dave, I was hoping for a bit more colour in the sunset but they'll do

#1 is a beaut with that FG, I love a FG and this is glowing red hot! Lots of good BG and sky detail too. Nice work. (y)

#1 is a beaut with that FG, I love a FG and this is glowing red hot! Lots of good BG and sky detail too. Nice work. (y)
:) Thanks David, it's amazing what a bit of lens flare can do

I prefer #1 for hold, even though you can't see the climber's face. I like the much cleaner background.

Smoke is a great idea, I like your sense of humour!

Vivid - two beautiful sunset shots, nothing more to add.

And large made my day! Very well spotted :)

I prefer #1 for hold, even though you can't see the climber's face. I like the much cleaner background.

Smoke is a great idea, I like your sense of humour!

Vivid - two beautiful sunset shots, nothing more to add.

And large made my day! Very well spotted :)
Thanks for taking the time Bernd, I appreciate it

Hi Chris,
Excellent scape for vivid, #1 for me because sun + subtle god rays.
Large - If he did clock you taking his picture, he was never going to catch you ;) Bang on theme.
Architecture - Last of the summer wine perhaps? Nice bit of stonework.

Hi Chris,
Excellent scape for vivid, #1 for me because sun + subtle god rays.
Large - If he did clock you taking his picture, he was never going to catch you ;) Bang on theme.
Architecture - Last of the summer wine perhaps? Nice bit of stonework.
Thanks for taking the time Tim. Hadn't thought about Last of the Summer Wine but now you mention it...

A very pretty scene, but it looks a bit HDR? For my tastes anyway.
Thanks Emma, in my defence it was a very bright day with deep shadows and I wanted to get the chimneys in

Very nice shot Chris, like the old flint homes and wall, my only grip is clone out the wire on the top :)
Thanks Dave, I had thought about cloning out the wire but then there are more wires and TV aerials in the distance and I was sort of aiming for a record shot of that village as it is. But then I suppose the fact that the wire is just hanging space is a bit out of context so may be it should go

Back