Justlooking's 52 for 2010 - week 52 together - page 18

I considered running into a classroom during registration to try this but didn't think I'd get away with it :) Nicely laid out and shot.

thats a great idea! ;)

not good enough, you'll have to do detention to catch up on work missed :nono:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Very clever.

It's the second register shot that I've seen, but a very different take on it. I love the way that you've customised it and that actually looks like a "proper" school register. Are you a teacher by any chance?

There's just a tiny bit of red background showing on the LHS, that could do with either cropping or cloning out and I think a touch more contrast would give the blue lines a bit more oomph.

But all in all it's a very good shot and an absolutely brilliant idea.

p.s. Better get your attendance sorted out or you'll be in for a chat with the head :rules:

Very good, a great idea presented well

thanks jollyjack, must say I didn't find this weeks theme easy

LOL - brilliant idea!!! :LOL:

thanks

(y)well done excellent idea works well for me

thanks for the comment, glad you liked it

Great take on the theme! :LOL:

thnaks for taking the time to look

I considered running into a classroom during registration to try this but didn't think I'd get away with it :) Nicely laid out and shot.

I had a similar thought although I just wanted a blurred had raised in the background.

thats a great idea! ;)

not good enough, you'll have to do detention to catch up on work missed :nono:

thanks mich, this weeks theme caused much head scratching.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Very clever.

It's the second register shot that I've seen, but a very different take on it. I love the way that you've customised it and that actually looks like a "proper" school register. Are you a teacher by any chance?

There's just a tiny bit of red background showing on the LHS, that could do with either cropping or cloning out and I think a touch more contrast would give the blue lines a bit more oomph.

But all in all it's a very good shot and an absolutely brilliant idea.

p.s. Better get your attendance sorted out or you'll be in for a chat with the head :rules:

thanks for the comment, not a teacher although in the past I have been an LSA. The red is the cover of the register, should have cropped a bit tighter.

Will try to improve attendance :bonk:

:LOL: nice one although there are a few names on there who I think might have skipped a couple of days as well, all in the name of photography of course.

Great idea and glad to see I have 100% attendance too :D

:LOL: a brilliant idea, and well presented too.

:LOL: nice one although there are a few names on there who I think might have skipped a couple of days as well, all in the name of photography of course.

glad you liked it.

Great idea and glad to see I have 100% attendance too :D

thanks, I only bunked off to take pictures .. 'onest ! :D

Superb take on present... love it :love:

thank you

:LOL: a brilliant idea, and well presented too.

thanks

what a great idea, you get a gold star this week master just looking:1st:

crikey a gold star even though I missed class ! :D

Speed: as already said, nice idea; slightly a skew

Present: nice and simple - great idea with the customising ;)

thanks.

Struggling for an idea this week though :bang:

Nice idea for present. Made me smile :)

Ian.

P.S. I'm also struggling. You are not alone!

Excellent idea, nicley lit, well composed and a spot on interpritation of the theme.

People

a real struggle this week. I have been away with a Brownie Guide Pack on their Pack Holiday from Thursday to Sunday. We don't camp outside but use a purpose built 'holiday house'. I do all the cooking for 23 people, so I am well and truly "very tired".

This is really just a picture so I don't miss a week. It was difficult to get a picture as I felt I had to make sure the Brownies were not recognisable. This was taken when they went for a walk in the woods in between the snow showers and I managed to escape the kitchen for 5 minutes. Oh and the bigger person is one of the other adult helpers .. not a tall brownie :D

Must do better next week :bonk:

It's worked and is on theme. It would probably have been worth bumping to ISO up to say 400 and getting a higher shutter speed, as they are walking you've got some motion blur on them.

I bet you’re exhausted after that !!!
It can’t have been easy trying to get a shot that kept the girls anonymous or finding the time to shoot anything at all really. And I think you’ve made a very good attempt at it – it definitely fits the theme for this week.

Do you still do that whole campfire thing at Brownie camp? I think that could have made a fantastic shot with the girls silhouetted against the flames.

Ian, Sue thanks for looking and commenting. Sue we "camp" indoors so no campfire.. although I like your idea for a photo !

Mechanical

I visited Stoke Bruerne Canal museum this morning. Took quite a few pictures trying out different settings, as I have a tendancy not to play with settings when I am out and about.. still feel a bit self concious !

Any way two attempts at something mechanical.

#1 a bit of the winding mechanism for the lock gates

#2 part of a winding mechanism that looked as if it was used to lift whole canal boats.

Not sure about this one .. the square thing bottom left is a bit distracting.

First needs a bit of a straighten but second is my favourite of the two. The square thing is a little distracting, but it's nicely out of focus too so not too bad. As there's not much colour there, probably a candidate for a nice high contrast black and white conversion and a bit of burning out of the square thing.

Hi just looking
Glad your keeping up your 52 even though you have been extremely busy,I have to agree with you with your mechanical image,the square section behind the geared wheel tends to draw your eye away from the main gears meshing maybe you could tone the colour to blend it into the background, like it over the first mechanical shot. My favourite so far, is still your bench picture the first one for curves theme (y)

i prefer the 2nd of the two mechanical i think, both good shots though

I wondered how the shot would have come out if you had a tripod and a long shutter speed to get some blur on everybody.

The winding mechanism fits the theme perfectly, I like the first shot but maybe not so tightly framed and not too central.

(y)

I'm with the others on this. The second is my favourite.

Maybe better in black and white though?

Good choice of subject with the winder mechanisms ;)

I like the first one! It's a shame that duck didn't move slightly to your right and there wasn't a barge in the background for a bit of extra context. My picture this week was of a canal but not so close up. Great minds think alike!

I prefer the second shot. This would look great with a high pass filter to bring out the grittiness.

Number one tells me straight away what that is - being a great fan of canal boating. However, I much prefer the second shot. It fits the theme perfectly and it it's a well executed shot. The little square thing you mentioned doesn't bother me.

The second I think is a better shot for the theme (y) The DOF works better and makes it all a little more enigmatic

#2 gets my vote. I like the DoF and the close attention to detail.

Have you thought about a B&W version with a bit of pumped up contrast? Not saying it would look any better, but it might give it an edge.

Nice solid shot for week 8!

Ian.

Number two for me also, I agree with Ian above that it might enrich the image with a B&W conversion or maybe just a contrast boost to give it a colder, steelier feel.

Well done.

Back