Keef's 52... 2018... Week 10 - Heavy added

over the straightened image does look better and I like the colours the sunrise gives the sky

i do like Over.. (y) im not one for sticking to verticals but its your photo.. great capture with the changes in the sky

Over is a great photo, straightened verticals or not... I like the glow on the bricks and the nice colours from the sunrise (y)

Opppps, good point :LOL:

Over - A nice bit of colour coming in that sky, and I really like the warm colour of the bricks and roof tops, nice :)

Stark works well for me, Richard, with those bold backlit red tones standing out well against the darker surroundings, and I like the colours and tones in your latest image as the sun roses over the horizon.

over the straightened image does look better and I like the colours the sunrise gives the sky

i do like Over.. (y) im not one for sticking to verticals but its your photo.. great capture with the changes in the sky

Over is a great photo, straightened verticals or not... I like the glow on the bricks and the nice colours from the sunrise (y)

Thank you all :). Pretty much caught up now so going to go around some threads and have a look :)

It certainly does look sharp. I wouldn't like to brush against it while walking past.

Richard

Nice sharp contrasty image for AGED

Nice aged bit of rock you have for SHARP.

See what I did there. ;)

Pete

Liking your Stonehenge shot, interesting sky. (y)

Week 5 Age...

Went to Stonehenge this weekend past for the Fiance's birthday (she likes old things which is a bonus for me).

Given the suns position I am pretty happy with this.

Stonehenge by richard markham, on Flickr

Like this one Richard - perfect for theme. I'm amazed that you managed to get the shot with no-one else around the stones

Hi Richard,
Age - Works nicely for me. With the position of the sun, brightening up the shadows on the stones would look un-natural, so this works :) No hordes of camera totting tourists either (y)
Sharp - You wouldn't want to get caught on that would you... Nicely taken.
I'm envying you your locale...

Both right on theme! I like the stonehenge shot, looks otherworldly!

Stark - I like this the contrast between the light and dark and the bright drink is really good and I like the pattern on the table too
Over - Lovely sunrise and interesting looking houses, maybe could do with the foreground either going really dark to make a silhouette or lifting so you can see a little more detail
Age - Very nice some good dark shadows cast by the stones
Sharp - Sharp in focus too. As my Mum used to say "you could have someones eye out with that"

:D

Sharp
Looks a bit like a dinosaur tooth (fossil).
Flint is definitely sharp.

Been thinking of what to do for guarded to be a bit different, but lack of imagination didn't bring anything up... Luckily went for a walk today and saw this! Shame my camera was too condensed to use so had to take it on the phone, but happy with it.

LRM_EXPORT_20180303_153402 by richard markham, on Flickr

It certainly does look sharp. I wouldn't like to brush against it while walking past.

I wouldn't either thanks.

Richard

Nice sharp contrasty image for AGED

Nice aged bit of rock you have for SHARP.

See what I did there. ;)

Pete

100% what I went for haha

Age(ing) - a pleasing shot of stonehenge and very fitting for the theme.
Sharp - another good find for the theme.

Thank you

Liking your Stonehenge shot, interesting sky. (y)

Thank you

Sharp is a cracking shot, I like that a lot

Thank you!

Like this one Richard - perfect for theme. I'm amazed that you managed to get the shot with no-one else around the stones

There was only half the path open, got about 30 shots with people putting phone infront Though

Hi Richard,
Age - Works nicely for me. With the position of the sun, brightening up the shadows on the stones would look un-natural, so this works :) No hordes of camera totting tourists either (y)
Sharp - You wouldn't want to get caught on that would you... Nicely taken.
I'm envying you your locale...

Thank you. Was a weekend away for the boss's birthday

Both right on theme! I like the stonehenge shot, looks otherworldly!

Thank you, it was only eery being there, couldn't put my finger on why

Stark - I like this the contrast between the light and dark and the bright drink is really good and I like the pattern on the table too
Over - Lovely sunrise and interesting looking houses, maybe could do with the foreground either going really dark to make a silhouette or lifting so you can see a little more detail
Age - Very nice some good dark shadows cast by the stones
Sharp - Sharp in focus too. As my Mum used to say "you could have someones eye out with that"

:D

Thank you.

Sharp
Looks a bit like a dinosaur tooth (fossil).
Flint is definitely sharp.

I didn't want to test it out

Week 5 Age...

Went to Stonehenge this weekend past for the Fiance's birthday (she likes old things which is a bonus for me).

Given the suns position I am pretty happy with this.

Stonehenge by richard markham, on Flickr

Of all your shots that are well on theme even the Thick fun one. This one of Stonehenge is fantastic imho, great lighting, shadows and colours are just great a shot to be proud of so well done (y)(y)(y)(y)

Guard - good image which implies guarding the tree, angle helps with this.Focus just about makes it all the way down, but I feel it helps the image.

Thick - another image with the theme portrayed nicely.

Guard is a stonker. (y) who'd ever thought of taking a shot like this? An absolute beaut. My favourite for the theme.

Thick ... cracks me up :naughty:

Hi Richard,

Guard(ed) - Hmm. Like the idea, but perhaps not the execution... Dunno. Maybe a bit cliché, but I think I would have shot from the floor upwards. Mind you, then you would lose the snow. As I said... Hmmmm.

Thick - :) I like that you've gone for human interest in the image rather than just the thicket.

Guard(ed) - well it works for me, pretty good shot from a mobile phone.
Thick - nice portrait shot, thats well exposed. I do like your comedy take on the theme.

Thank you! It's the only thing I like about this pixel phone ha.

Guard, I like the angle you have taken it at, it works well.

I took a couple straight on but it did nothing for me

Of all your shots that are well on theme even the Thick fun one. This one of Stonehenge is fantastic imho, great lighting, shadows and colours are just great a shot to be proud of so well done (y)(y)(y)(y)

Thank you Dave! Was surprised myself about the Stonehenge one given the position of the sun

Guard - good image which implies guarding the tree, angle helps with this.Focus just about makes it all the way down, but I feel it helps the image.

Thick - another image with the theme portrayed nicely.

Would have preferred it with the camera to get a different DOF but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Thank you

Guard is a stonker. (y) who'd ever thought of taking a shot like this? An absolute beaut. My favourite for the theme.

Thick ... cracks me up :naughty:

Aw thanks . I was walking through the woods and just saw I on 1 tree and thought, why not! .

Hi Richard,

Guard(ed) - Hmm. Like the idea, but perhaps not the execution... Dunno. Maybe a bit cliché, but I think I would have shot from the floor upwards. Mind you, then you would lose the snow. As I said... Hmmmm.

Thick - :) I like that you've gone for human interest in the image rather than just the thicket.

Have to disagree with you there, from the floor upwards would have just been the side of a tree guard with a trunk sticking out. Doubt there would have been a good angle

I did go for thicket to start with, and the missus wouldn't pose :exit:

Age - Fantastic shot of stonehenge
Sharp - does indeed look like a sharp bit of flint, not what you want on an interior great focus too.
Guard - a good find and an unusual PoV
Thick - a fun shot and fits the theme although I couldn't comment on the thicko suggestion.

Age - Fantastic shot of stonehenge
Sharp - does indeed look like a sharp bit of flint, not what you want on an interior great focus too.
Guard - a good find and an unusual PoV
Thick - a fun shot and fits the theme although I couldn't comment on the thicko suggestion.

Week 9 - Abundance of Lego Minifigs

Dug out my old Lego sets from my Dad's loft the other month so I tried some focus stacking on this one, after doing the first couple of rows of focus points at the bottom I had a leg twitch and knocked the table so they all fall down... So yeah not as planned!

Week 8 - Abundance by richard markham, on Flickr

Guard works well for me, Richard, especially as cold weather like that can be a challenge for our cameras, and the browns of the tree and the guard contrast well against the snow for a simple but striking image.
'Triple Thick' made me chuckle when I read your explanation, and a touch of humour is no bad thing in the 52 :) It's a fun image and I like the colours and the angle you used.
Abundance - well done on trying a new technique and from the sharp details in the first few rows it was clearly working. The OOF figures further back help to accentuate the distance and the size of the 'crowd' so I think it works very well (y)

Abundance - That's a lot of figures I like that they are off in the distance

Abundance .... sure is! I would like to see the figure in the forefront in focus, or placed somewhere else. Or maybe there is some relevance to him I'm missing. o_O

Abundance
I like it, there's definitely an abundance of little Lego people.

I've got to agree with @d00d, the centre figure could do with not being there, leaving the three in the (new) front row in sharp focus. Bang on for the theme though with plenty of vibrant colour :)

Could I point you at section two of this "Howto":
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/
As currently your links (at least the one for abundant) takes you to the start of your first page. Not really an issue when there are only a couple of pages, but later in the year it will become an irritation which may result in fewer comments.

Guard works well for me, Richard, especially as cold weather like that can be a challenge for our cameras, and the browns of the tree and the guard contrast well against the snow for a simple but striking image.
'Triple Thick' made me chuckle when I read your explanation, and a touch of humour is no bad thing in the 52 :) It's a fun image and I like the colours and the angle you used.
Abundance - well done on trying a new technique and from the sharp details in the first few rows it was clearly working. The OOF figures further back help to accentuate the distance and the size of the 'crowd' so I think it works very well (y)

Thank you . Would have liked the technique to have worked out properly, I'd have probably gone for a reshoot on it but I'm far enough behind as it is lol.

Abundance - That's a lot of figures I like that they are off in the distance

Thanks, sadly most are sold now.

Abundance .... sure is! I would like to see the figure in the forefront in focus, or placed somewhere else. Or maybe there is some relevance to him I'm missing. o_O

No relevance, he was just there... He fell over in the middle and just got dumped at the front.

Abundance
I like it, there's definitely an abundance of little Lego people.

Thanks

I've got to agree with @d00d, the centre figure could do with not being there, leaving the three in the (new) front row in sharp focus. Bang on for the theme though with plenty of vibrant colour :)

Could I point you at section two of this "Howto":
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/
As currently your links (at least the one for abundant) takes you to the start of your first page. Not really an issue when there are only a couple of pages, but later in the year it will become an irritation which may result in fewer comments.

Thank you, have to agree with you both .

Ahhh, I did think I'd seen that before so thank you

Abundance - lovely bright colours, image would work much better if the focus was on the front lego mini figures and then fading out as you look towards the back of the shot.

Thanks, the point was to get them all in focus but I'm too clumsy and kicked them over haha

Week 10 Heavy...

Been struggling to get these in again, really need to get on top of it.

This weeks I've gone for using lighting to light the object differently. Not too bad how its turned out I don't think.

Week heavy by richard markham, on Flickr

Not too bad at all. Nice and clean, sharp on the writing (y)

Back