weekly Kris2424 Photo 52 - Week 3 SIGH

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have only just joined this forum so i missed last weeks photo challenege, so here i am starting at week 2.
One of the main things people associate fear with is death itself, so this is where my thought for a picture came from

IMG_2930 by kris2424, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Penguin the light is a issue in this pic, something to look at next time.
Can a member of admin move my thread into the 52 catagory as i have posted in the wrong section :(

Welcome to the challenge and do add one for last week, it's not too late - I too think that the light is a bit over-powering.

Firstly welcome to TP Kris :)

Nice Image, on theme maybe like to see a little more of the grave stone and would be inclined to just turn the dimmer down a tad on the moon.

I would of been inclined to take two shots at different exposures, one as you have and one under exposing to get the moon detail and then merged them together.

You posted this nice and early for this week so you have got the rest of the week to tackle week 1's theme :)

Look forward to seeing more of your work soon and again welcome to TP

Thanks to all of you for the welcome and comments :)
I will try to add something for last weeks direction photo

Here is my picture for week 1 - Direction
As i only joined yesterday this is a bit backwards now but hey :)
Anyway, one of the main things i do each morning is open up the heating pumps to flow in the direction required.

IMG_30081 by kris2424, on Flickr

Nice pic kris and bang on theme! Although would of liked to see more of the flow arrows on the right, I can't wait for the next theme I am really excited.

Good start kris, I like your idea for week 1, moon is a wee bit bright for me too.
Love week 2, it works realy well in b&w.

Carol

Thanks for the comments guys :)
I completely agree Chris, if i was to take this picture again i would want slightly more focus on the flow arrows.
Looking forward to the next theme !

Hi kris, welcome to the forum and the 2012 52. I've only just hit into photography and this forum and have already learnt loads for the guys in here so hope you will too.

I really like your fear shot. Really atmospheric and an idea that I have been thinking about maybe for a re shoot later in in the year. Maybe a portrait view would work better IMO however a great effort.

Your direction shot is very good I like the DOF used and it is well composed. Good stuff. (y)

Well done on the first 2 weeks.

Direction - really like this, great DOF.

Fear - as mentioned it's a little too bright with the moon and there's a reflection in the middle of the cross (or could be my screen :thinking:). Great take on the theme though and good angle with lots of detail.

Good luck for the next 50 weeks

wardie

I have just joined the 52 and I'm still thinking about what to take - I rather like the 'milky' moon in your photo

Welcome aboard

direction, nicely taken

Fear - i would have liked to see more detail in the cross and find the light just too much

Fear... Really like it, but I also feel a little more detail in the cross would have been good. Given that's the moon, a little detail showing on there would have been good... perhaps, expose for the moon, and use a splash of flash for the cross ??

Direction : First the theme, works well in Mono and great DOF.

I have really struggled with this weeks theme, i just couldnt get a picture in my head of what i was looking for. I had to make sure i got a picture up at least though, even though im not overly happy with it.
My biggest SIGH, especially true at the moment with this cold snap were having is getting home from work and getting the wood burner going.

IMG_3084 by kris2424, on Flickr

Also how do i change the thread title? - I have done it :)

Last edited:
I commented on a similar pic on somebody else's thread and I think the same comment applies here - it sort of lacks context and needs personalising in some way. Slippers in shot or similar for example.

Hi Kris... Welcome to the forum

That's a great start by joining in with a 52 all ready and with some great Ideas. my fav so far is your direction shot, great use of dof :)

I like the shots you have tried for fear, a great assortment, I really like the shape of the stone in your chosen shot, shame about the blown spot as the clouds, trees and the stone make for a great shot

Sigh... Lovely shot, a pair of slippered feet would make it a bang on shot for the theme

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next week :)

Back