Lake District WEEKEND Meet - RESPONSES NEEDED

Which weekend would you prefer

• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel bad now suggesting I'll bring digital along, please don't make me stand in the corner away from everyone else ;0)

I don't much chance to shoot landscapes anymore so I'm getting a bit carried away with the amount of kit I think I'm going to use!

There are outside toilets and showers at the YH and you will be allocated these.... I'm sorry but dems is da rules. :D

Aah guys, I feel so special and yet so unloved in equal measures....thank goodness for the F&C crowd ;0)

Any more of this and I'm going to join the Equipment section guys and spend £3k on a new body then complain that it's still holding me back..

I was happy with the idea of being film only, then someone has to mention that Saturday night should be clear and that's made me think about not being able to get a decent night sky shot on the digital when I was in Croatia recently. I might bring it solely for that, at least a mirrorless camera doesn't take up much room in the bag.

I gather that the Vulcan V Bomber XH558 will be doing its last northern tour on Saturday 10 October, taking off from Doncaster after lunch, up to Newcastle then Carlisle, coming down via Thirlmere and Windermere. We'll know estimated times on Friday. My last attempt to get a pic of the Vulcan, it was cloudy so flying low, only half a mile away (I chose the wrong spot) and very unimpressive pics. However, we might get an interesting glimpse of it if we're over that way.

I was happy with the idea of being film only, then someone has to mention that Saturday night should be clear and that's made me think about not being able to get a decent night sky shot on the digital when I was in Croatia recently. I might bring it solely for that, at least a mirrorless camera doesn't take up much room in the bag.

Oh bloody flipping heck...why did say that, I have every good intention of film only apart from my phone... but...

Apparently the northern lights are showing quite well as well, could be an interesting weekend in the skies.

Apparently the northern lights are showing quite well as well, could be an interesting weekend in the skies.

So, I will have a car full of wellington boots, some clothes and lots of bloody cameras.... X 2, as I am being chauffeur for Nick too. :LOL:

So, I will have a car full of wellington boots, some clothes and lots of bloody cameras.... X 2, as I am being chauffeur for Nick too. :LOL:
yeah but he dont take up much space does he ,!

I gather that the Vulcan V Bomber XH558 will be doing its last northern tour on Saturday 10 October, taking off from Doncaster after lunch, up to Newcastle then Carlisle, coming down via Thirlmere and Windermere. We'll know estimated times on Friday. My last attempt to get a pic of the Vulcan, it was cloudy so flying low, only half a mile away (I chose the wrong spot) and very unimpressive pics. However, we might get an interesting glimpse of it if we're over that way.
Here's the route map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k9_QAWQWnmes timings won't be confirmed til Saturday morning.

The weather forecast for the night doesn't look especially favourable now, so I'm guessing they don't really know at this stage :(

The weather forecast for the night doesn't look especially favourable now, so I'm guessing they don't really know at this stage :(
We'll know shortly after they know ;)

Or possibly before... I'll ignore the "shortly", Nick... ooops...

As its the lakes I guess we'll know well in advance of the weather forecasters, who will then show a satellite image of what happened to make it look like they knew all along

Anyone got a copy of Photographing the Lake District they could bring along? I'm a bit suspicious of such books, and the idea of trotting off to all the famous locations and getting the trophy shots... OTOH the contents look interesting, and could provide clues to some like me who don't know the area all that well.

Anyone got a copy of Photographing the Lake District they could bring along? I'm a bit suspicious of such books, and the idea of trotting off to all the famous locations and getting the trophy shots... OTOH the contents look interesting, and could provide clues to some like me who don't know the area all that well.
I've just got a copy (y)

Yep, its packed.

Its a shame there won't be any snow but for very little effort even the least able can get to the top of Latrigg and get views like this.

Latrigg-Pano5-Toward-Helvellyn by Andy, on Flickr

Can't get my camera bag into my rucksack, I can get everything into my pack but now but everything will be rattling around.

I've just finalised packing my kit (haven't bothered doing clothes yet!) and it feels like I've got a couple of RB's in there [emoji15]. Oh well, at least I only need a few bits of clothes!

I can go for days unsupported into the hills with this pack, add one camera and I can't get one weekend in a hostel worth of gear.

My problem is that I don't get much time to shoot at home so I'm only bringing along the kit I really want to use...

Polaroid 110a 4x5 - Never developed a sheet from it yet so into the unknown

Yashica 635 - Want to get some more shots using my filter holder system to hopefully get some good examples for a Kickstarter project

Polaroid 355/FP100C - I'm not even sure how I ended up with this seeing as I don't normally like instant film but I found the camera for sale, unloved and in a bad way so I'm doing a good deed ;0)

There's also my A6000 digital kit but that's pretty tiny in comparison!

Ouch, 17kg all up including the tripod and trainers. More than I'd like to cart round the hills all day but I only need to get to the office in the morning.

I'm only taking the RB, I've got too much film and 3 backs plus some bits to trade.

Quick question, is anyone taking a changing bag that I could borrow to load/unload my DDS? I was going to borrow one off a friend but I can't get hold of him. Cheers
I'm bringing a calumet changing tent.

Quick question, is anyone taking a changing bag that I could borrow to load/unload my DDS? I was going to borrow one off a friend but I can't get hold of him. Cheers

I've packed mine mate.

I'm just sitting on the settee trying to get some kip. I've got the most annoying tickly cough which will not let me sleep so I've come downstairs so I don't keep the CMS awake. Second night in a row, I'm knackered. :(

Have a great weekend folks, hope the weather and light are kind to you.

I'm a bit jealous but then again I'm off up to a cottage near Gairloch for a week!
:)

Back