Which weekend would you prefer

• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
on my way . see you all in a minute .

Seriously!! Everything in the porch ready to go in the car - You would think I was going away for a month :rolleyes:

Same here. Just taking the youth to college then we'll be packing up and on the way.

See you all later. :banana:

In the office, pack is ludicrously heavy, glad I'm not going up any mountains with it. See you in a while.

Same here. Just taking the youth to college then we'll be packing up and on the way.

See you all later. :banana:

I can do 2 weeks in Turkey, working [so cameras involved] and only take about a third of this lot. :LOL:

Now relaxing, drinking coffee, will load car in a bit, Nick due around 10ish, chuck him in the glovebox and we'll be hitting the road.

Sadly I've had to go in to work to murder my developers. Not even packed cameras yet, let alone clothes :eek:

If I'd have come I would need volunteers to push me up the hills in a wheelchair :D

... and payment to bring you back down again, Brian... :D Of course there's always the "who can get down from the hill first?" approach.

Watching the series on tv with Julia Bradbury doing Wainwright walks and I envy her (y) also interesting is Tony Robinson's "walking through history"...more envy.

OK bags packed, I'm off shortly, see y'all there...

ETA: just checked my insurance policy, I think it says I'm covered even while spending time with a bunch of potential numpties... :)

Last edited:
Well, unless the postie arrives with a parcel from Lithuania in the next 20 minutes I'm going to have to use the cracked ground glass in my 110A :0(. Not the end of the world because it still focusses fine, I'm just fussy!

Any ideas where I can buy a loupe from that's north of tibshelf services, just realised I've left both at home :(

Any ideas where I can buy a loupe from that's north of tibshelf services, just realised I've left both at home :(
Should be able to pick one up from LoupesRus in Keswick

We are at the digs. Can't get in yet as the chap with the keys is at the main building but it looks good from the outside.
When you all arrive don't stop at the first building, The Hawes End Centre, carry on for a few hundred yards to the next building. A hundred yard walk to the lakeside and great views of Blencathra.

Also, the little bay could be a perfect spot for reflection shots if its still first thing tomorrow.

When you all arrive don't stop at the first building, The Hawes End Centre, carry on for a few hundred yards to the next building. A hundred yard walk to the lakeside and great views of Blencathra.

I'll pass this on to my driver.

I'm surprised no-one has invented a pop up darkroom....

I have a couple of loupes sitting about. Not that it is much help to anyone :D

Digs are OK, plenty of space in the bedrooms, lounge is OK maybe a little cosy and the kitchen is small but with plenty of room in the dining area.
The surrounding area is perfect especially if we get some sunshine.

Lockerbie, haven't had a data signal since leaving Edinburgh. See you in half an hour.

Ah, that probably explains my delay. We're sitting in Carlisle waiting on a replacement guard who's on a train coming north. Be about 10 minutes late.

Half a dozen here already and as many different brands of whisky!

We've given up for now. Accident on the M40 put us behind and we've been running into traffic ever since. Even when the sat nav took us off piste (around delays on the M6), we ran into a lorry that'd broken down at a roundabout.

Resigned to Murphy's Law asserting itself, we've stopped for hot food and a stretch at some services just south of Manchester. At this rate, we might catch up with you tomorrow :(

Where are you going at dawn tomorrow asI might come along fir an hour or two before I have to be a nine.

Back