Lake District WEEKEND Meet - RESPONSES NEEDED

Which weekend would you prefer

• Weekend commencing Friday 2nd October

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Weekend commencing Friday 9th October

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, figured it would make the exchange of film much simpler. One reason these group buys don't work out is UK postage for the split package is usually ridiculous.

Bloody good thinking, good plan.

That's not a bad idea, a giant box of film loveliness to share from Japan, Germany or USofA

Feel free to fiddle with my workings (ohhh matron)

original.jpg

Wait, Maco want £47 for 20 sheets of acros?! They've gotta be 'avina giraffe!

Also, that velvia 50 on Maco is no longer available:

"Momentan nicht verfügbar"

Last edited:
Wait, Maco want £47 for 20 sheets of acros?! They've gotta be 'avina giraffe!

Also, that velvia 50 on Maco is no longer available:

"Momentan nicht verfügbar"
I've used Velvia 100 for every where but JE. Neopan is dear in sheet. I'm still trying to get Delta contrast down for long exposures rather than pay that for Neopan.

I've used Velvia 100 for every where but JE.
Or at least i meant to. I've changed the link so folk can edit.

Last edited:
Ahh I see, ok.

Personally I shoot acros almost exclusively for B&W, so I may bow out if the majority want to order from elsewhere (ie, not from JE).

Ahh I see, ok.

Personally I shoot acros almost exclusively for B&W, so I may bow out if the majority want to order from elsewhere (ie, not from JE).

See how it goes, I think I'm more interested in Acros too tbh. Just depends if I can get Delta to do what I want it to do. The basket was just indicative.

I would probably be strung up if I suggested buying more film rather than using what's already in the fridge :oops: :$

I'd have liked to shoot some large format but I'm unlikely to have an LF camera that I'm comfortable using by the time this comes around so I'll probably stick with MF and 35mm.

I'm all 35mm...

ive just started my altitude training ,so i dont get a nose bleed north of watford gap !

So what are peoples thoughts on this? Still 7 weeks away, but could be worth getting some tentative plans together?

As I will soon be the proud owner of a LF camera, I would be interested in being involved in a bulk buy. Don't really mind what the film.

We have now paid the final amount for this so I will be PM'ing everyone with the details of how much you owe later today.(y)

Andy

Well, I can't say too much at the moment due to the official secrets act (Section 4.5 Large Formattery) but its an MPP Mk vii and its basically a gift from a very generous person. All will be revealed at a later date. :D;)

Well, I can't say too much at the moment due to the official secrets act (Section 4.5 Large Formattery) but its an MPP Mk vii and its basically a gift from a very generous person. All will be revealed at a later date. :D;)

You've got better friends than me....
:)

Great idea there Andy, next time I want... uh, need a new camera I'm going to buy one and tell the gf that I was given it as a gift :D

Might work better than the normal "What new camera? Oh, this thing? Nah I've had this old thing for aaaages."

Nikki actively encouraged me to get the Ebony.

Jus' sayin...

That's because while you're concentrating on that your leaving her alone...... just sayin' :D

Sorry in my haste to take the pee I misspelt. :D

Steve, we can give you a lift if you want, either from Penrith or from Crewe if its easier for you to get to.

I'm going to have to work on the Friday so won't be able to leave here until 3 so I don't want to hold you up waiting for me to get to Crewe mate. I can get a train to Penrith to arrive at 17:30ish if someone's able to meet me there instead?

Cheers
Steve

I'm going to have to work on the Friday so won't be able to leave here until 3 so I don't want to hold you up waiting for me to get to Crewe mate. I can get a train to Penrith to arrive at 17:30ish if someone's able to meet me there instead?

Cheers
Steve

I'll be there around 1750 but as I'll also be getting off the train I don't suppose that really helps...

Well, it's nice to know I won't be the only one at Penrith station :0). I'll hang on until you arrive if someone can pick us both up. Waste of time doing 2 pickups for 20 minutes apart.

It's about 30 mins from Keswick so shouldn't be a problem to get you guys sorted out.

I should be arriving in Penrith for around 5pm as well

Back