Thanks, really enjoyed watching your videos

Thank you Rick.
I was hoping to have my next video would be out this weekend, but car has been in with the mechanics now for 3 weeks. Going a little stir crazy in suburbia. Might have to do a video from the garden at this rate.

Last edited:
Might as well add my little channel into the mix. Try to post every 4-6 weeks and focus is on the imagery foremost and improving on the video production and story telling each time. Hope you enjoy

Great channel [emoji106]

Well you can't mention Gavin without alluding to Adam Gibbs: https://www.youtube.com/user/AGibbsPhotography
Then there's Henry Turner (can't believe no-one's mentioned him yet, or did I overlook something?): https://www.youtube.com/user/HNT182
and Ian Worth: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAa3CS6QjTk6GvEibfnjOQw
And if you can get past the Austrian accent: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChHudeF-1905SXyYqzfvzTQ
Or the German one - good for post-processing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeos-Ju_sSs7Wb7FR-2VcQA

Thank you Rick.
I was hoping to have my next video would be out this weekend, but car has been in with the mechanics now for 3 weeks. Going a little stir crazy in suburbia. Might have to do a video from the garden at this rate.
Not seen your channel but will check it out. (y)

Does he have a dog and a camper van? :)
He knows a man who does.
article-2133005-12A8615F000005DC-710_634x550.jpg

Last edited:
Nev Cartledge. He hasn't done a great deal lately because of the lockdown. But I always find that his photographs are outstanding. He ought to be a big name really.

Last edited:
Nev Cartledge. He hasn't done a great deal lately because of the lockdown. But I always find that his photographs are outstanding. He ought to be a big name really.

I think that too but that's social media, no telling who will go down well and who won't - it doesn't seem to come down to the photography. His vlogs are usually a good watch but the last one was a mess.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned but Photography Online is worth a go

I think that too but that's social media, no telling who will go down well and who won't - it doesn't seem to come down to the photography. His vlogs are usually a good watch but the last one was a mess.

I don't think I've seen it mentioned but Photography Online is worth a go

Think a lot of it is down to how the YouTuber comes across, onscreen presence is probably more important than the images. Thomas Heaton called me out on one of his videos for my comments on some of his 'minimalist' images from Iceland, they were a bit meh, in my opinion.

Photography Online - Very professionally done, akin to a magazine online. Hopefully can grow even further after lockdown when, even as beautiful as Skye is, could do with some other locations now.

Top class photography from occasional poster Ewan Dunsmuir. Ex Shetland Islander living now in thw wonderful landscape country of NZ - Digital MF is his weapon of choice.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC17OPflEgGgpC-TOw7VKvIg
Totally agree with Ewan and I'm sure you mean Orcadian not Shetlander.

Kims videos are really good for a lazy sunday morning, with a cuppa. The weather conditions she often shoots in make watching in bed all the more enjoyable.
She's certainly enthusiastic but I find her more annoying, particularly the repetition of what appears to be her word of the day.

First Man Photography
Brendan van Son
Nigel Danson
Evan Ranft
Henry Turner
Thomas Heaton

I used to watch Serge Ramelli until he stopped doing lightroom videos, He became a little boring.

She's certainly enthusiastic but I find her more annoying, particularly the repetition of what appears to be her word of the day.

Not just me then, I had to unsubscribe as I had the same thought, sure she is a nice lass

Discovered Mark Kerton's channel towards the end of 2020

New to Talk Photography and need to comment on a few posts before I can upload images. Sorry for the intrusion

Not at all. Who are you following on YT?

YouTube. This thread is about landscape people we all watch on YouTube :)
Doh! Of course!!!! My head was all over the place yesterday trying to work out how to post/navigate around this site. I mainly do landscapes but I've joined the 365's and 52's to do the weekly challenge to force me to pick up the camera every week and create something. This is also hopefully help me to try some new techniques to expand my knowledge. I post my landscapes on Flickr usually Catherine Anderson | Flickr

On YouTube, I follow:
Photography online (never miss this one)
Nick Hanson
Kim Grant
Mark Denney
Nigel Danson
First Man Photography
Michael Shainblum
although I don't have the time to watch all their postings

Doh! Of course!!!! My head was all over the place yesterday trying to work out how to post/navigate around this site. I mainly do landscapes but I've joined the 365's and 52's to do the weekly challenge to force me to pick up the camera every week and create something. This is also hopefully help me to try some new techniques to expand my knowledge. I post my landscapes on Flickr usually Catherine Anderson | Flickr

On YouTube, I follow:
Photography online (never miss this one)
Nick Hanson
Kim Grant
Mark Denney
Nigel Danson
First Man Photography
Michael Shainblum
although I don't have the time to watch all their postings

We are always a few weeks behind trying to catch up with everyone! :)

Watched one a few days ago that hoped we had a good Christmas and wished us a happy new year....! :ROFLMAO:

Nev is the very best on YouTube IMHO

a national treasure and an absolute inspiration

Dave

A photographer I follow on Youtube involved in landscape in UK

Gary Clayton Photography

Nothing fancy about the video edition, sometimes a bit slow actually, but I really like the rendering of his shots.

Is it just me or do I prefer written content with pictures - like a blog over a vlog. Am I the only one?

I've rather taken to @justinminns because I can read what he writes and look at the images. Rather than see some video about a campervan and a dog (two things that I dislike intensely).

Last edited:
Just been going through some of the comments in this thread and as a You Tuber Photography vlogger it was interesting reading. Now for me I started You Tube vlogging as I have always been a creative person and also wanted to share places I visit with other like minded people. I also wanted to try and give people ideas and also show places not often seen or photographed. It has always been fun for me, and as I am a small You Tube I appreciate all who follow and comment on my videos. I also enjoy watching other who have been to the same places to see how they approach the location etc. I'm not one for Thomas Heaton or the other big channels as they seem to be more money making, workshops and gear reviews. But that's their choice for their channel and also when you get too large it becomes a full time job rather than a fun hobby.

I know this genre of vlogging isn't to everyone's taste. I also know there are many who do this type of vlogs just to try and become famous, make money and want to be the next big thing. I've seen it many times when someone starts and makes a few good videos and then suddenly as soon as they get over 1000 or 2000 subscribers suddenly change and then becomes all self important etc.

Just been going through some of the comments in this thread and as a You Tuber Photography vlogger it was interesting reading. Now for me I started You Tube vlogging as I have always been a creative person and also wanted to share places I visit with other like minded people. I also wanted to try and give people ideas and also show places not often seen or photographed. It has always been fun for me, and as I am a small You Tube I appreciate all who follow and comment on my videos. I also enjoy watching other who have been to the same places to see how they approach the location etc. I'm not one for Thomas Heaton or the other big channels as they seem to be more money making, workshops and gear reviews. But that's their choice for their channel and also when you get too large it becomes a full time job rather than a fun hobby.

I know this genre of vlogging isn't to everyone's taste. I also know there are many who do this type of vlogs just to try and become famous, make money and want to be the next big thing. I've seen it many times when someone starts and makes a few good videos and then suddenly as soon as they get over 1000 or 2000 subscribers suddenly change and then becomes all self important etc.
Pretty much exactly why I do it and why my vlogs are so infrequent

I never doubted it was. Sorry if it came across that way! It could be a new security thing as I'm accessing it from a work computer but I've never seen this before.

It is a security thing operated by your company. I have the same if I click on links in emails and some websites. Hope that helps?

Back