B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Part of my pond veggie filter it grows incredibly fast in flowing water but its not a pond plant. Miscanthus sp.

B&Wmiscanthus-sinensis.jpg

Dudley is burning ( probably the best thing for it !) We could see the smoke from 5 miles away but the spoil sport fire brigade had it some what under control when we got there !

2.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:
kkGHLL.jpg

St.Anthony-in-Meneage, Cornwall
Huawei P20 mono sensor

Last edited:
I genuinely can't remember if I've posted these before or not. But they came up in my Facebook reminders as it's the anniversary of when a few of us went to Normandy for D-Day back in 2019.

I think these days I'd process them with a little more black to give more contrast. Some look very 'grey' to me.

Still an incredible reminder of the amazing sacrifice made by so many people. And an amazing trip I'd love to repeat. Genuinely didn't expect to be so moved by it, but was brought to tears on several occasions.

On a side note, I ummed and ahhed about which camera (and therefore which lenses) to take. Made a last minute change of plans and in the confusion only ended up taking a 10-22 and a 70-300. Nothing in between. :oops: :$

IMG_6708-2 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6784 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6802 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6819 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6822 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6824 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6844 by Kell, on Flickr

IMG_6887 by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm not totally convinced this works, reed bed, a part of my pond veggie filter.

IMG_B&W8550.jpg

That's a nice portrait style capture Gav, and nicely presented in mono.

One of my local gig shots, our local bar had open mic nights once a month and this young guy used to come in and play Gipsy / flamenco guitar. he always got totally lost in his music and seemed so surprised when he stopped playing and everyone applauded, it was so much like he had forgotten there was anyone there. In the bar. lousy lighting and background so took it to portrait level instead of gig shot - hope you like it ( he did )

guitarist logo.jpg

Back