B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Severn Valley? Love that line but avoid it whenever the 40s weekend is on. As amazing as all the effort is, it’s too busy for a grump like me. I’ve been tempted to try and photograph it though, I just never got round to it. Used to live 2 minutes from one of the stations.
I used to live some distance away and used to come over here to photograph the railway but now hardly notice it , I have seen a number of arguments between photographers mainly because of lack of manners and two fingers approach to everyone else, I have also heard a lot of local people moaning about their behavior so generally keep away, today I was just passing through !

Second trip to the pub , this time on our bicycles, I spotted this on the way to the station, Previously it had, had a display board on the front which sort of wreaked any image ! From my battered old low spec smart phone.

CAR1BW.jpg

CAR2BW.jpg

Last edited:
First things first I apologize as yet again I have many photos all colour conversions, Today I trawled along the Severn Valley Railway between Hampton Loade and Arley using my cheap Kodak AZ401 Superzoom that very rarely sees light as I brought a Sony A600 not long after having it. I had forgotten how useful a camera with multiple focal lengths in one package with all the features could be, With the Sony I cannot justify the cost of the longer lenses that I would then rarely use as they are too big so tend to use old Film ear lenses. As I have become really lazy with the modern cameras I tend to cock up quite a few photos with these not focusing correctly or forgetting to change the aperture. I will be using this camera much more.

Scrap collection for making more Spitfires , and you thought sticking the recycling out was a modern idea !
1bw.JPG

Phone zombies or people using the new Time Traveling app ! What do you think ?
2bw.JPG

The Jerry's have only blown the roof off !
3bw.JPG

Tel0xq.jpg

TJAODs.jpg

00Vibg.jpg

Cl1JTs.jpg

Ballowall Barrow, St.Just
Huawei P20 & Pentax 645n/HP5

Last edited:
Pub Talk...1959 Yashica 35, Ilford FP4 Plus 125

Very nice well seen and caught candid street style capture James, liking this pic' very much.

IMG_8821a.jpg

ABW.JPG

BBW.JPG

My little Kodak has no control over depth of field with it's little sensor I may have to try different focus modes to try and blur the back ground out It's set on multi focus points ( modern people !) An experiment for tomorrow ! The guy on the left is the owner !

CBW.JPG

Back