Lighting of cars on location

More to the point, and please don't take offence, but wtf is that location?!
Doesn't suit it at all!

LOL

Even onsidering the fact it's one of the UK's first hybrid buses, and they wanted an ecological theme?
It's at Brockholes wildlife sanctuary, and they wanted to be involved to support the ecological theme etc.

Update to this thread....

Starting to get a good idea how to light cars and understanding what the light does better. I'm using the lencarta safari Li-ion with a stripbox and it's fantastic now I've fixed the socket problem with the head. Only ever had the battery run flat once and that's because I left it turned on by mistake! Whoops!

So this is my latest set which is 100% lighting using flash:
7731676906_212aaf70fc_b.jpg

7739110696_aaa509262c_b.jpg

7739753124_f902115f6a_b.jpg

7740131390_bb4b85c312_b.jpg

George :)

Stunning photos (y)

I follow you on FaceBook, and have seen you post these photos there, excellent work. I actually thought that was natural light through a vent coupled with flash(s).

Excellent work, congrats.

There really good , I might have q go myself . I just need to get myself a race car now :confused:

that location is off the scale George, nice one. Class pics.

How are you doing the location smoke?

Ignore post, didn't see video link posted above :p

Last edited:
Really love your shots, just spent ages looking through your facebook and youtube videos (now subscribed to both).
Love the photography and of course the cars. Don't envy the level of PP that is done !

Went out last night to do some lightpainting using the LED modelling light. Unfortunately it had a problem with the modelling light (a part burnt out shortly after the shoot started). Flash will be sent back to Lencarta soon to get fixed hopefully. Also ordered another head so that if I have problems in future it doesn't mean I have to stop my shoot

On the bright side, got this with flash before the shoot had to be stopped
7811042056_9817e663f4_b.jpg

Last edited:
To the OP, I'm extremely sorry about the socket issue. Today I have spoken to the factory, and we've changed the fixture design so it will not happen again on this product.

If there's any further problem with this head you've got, please let us know to have it serviced free for you.

Bought another head last week and on the first time using it the socket issue has happened again. Not impressed at all guys, had a look at the fixture design is exactly the same as the original.

I'm sorry to hear that. In fact this has happened a total of 3 times, and you have 2 of them:( out of the hundreds sold.

I don't believe that the ones with the modified design have arrived yet, I think that they will be in the next delivery

Back