weekly Longimanus 52 of 2016 - Wk 37 added - Still playing catchup though

Reshoot and Forgotten

I have been back to Brighton Old Pier (Used as Black and White subject) a few times in the last few months, its just so photogenic, but I do need to try a sunset as they have all been at sunrise!

I wanted to try something different this time so I tried to do a panoramic as a long exposure and then I developed it 3 different ways, Im not really sure which one I prefer but I think I am swaying towards the silhouette :)

I think this suits forgotten quite well

Panoramic Brighton Old Pier 3 Ways - Colour
by Shark Seeker, on Flickr

Panoramic Brighton Old Pier 3 Ways - Silhouette

Panoramic Brighton Old Pier 3 Ways - Black and White

Wow the Pair shot is a cracker, great tones and what a find, the pair of them posing like that. (y)

Brighton Old Pier is a great subject ... loving the blue tint panorama. (y)

Wow the Pair shot is a cracker, great tones and what a find, the pair of them posing like that. (y)

Brighton Old Pier is a great subject ... loving the blue tint panorama. (y)

David, many thanks for the comments, I waited a reasonable time to get them 2 together, but it was great to watch them :)

Im not sure about the panorama, I cant decide which I like best :)

Great catch up Lee!
Well caught red squirrel for after, it may not be as sharp as you wanted, but you pressed the shutter in exactly the right moment.
And I like the grumpy fish in their bottle...

Beautiful shot of the fish - nicely lit and composed and I just love the texture and colours in that rusty metal pipe. I like the b&w pano best for the old pier.

Great catch up Lee!
Well caught red squirrel for after, it may not be as sharp as you wanted, but you pressed the shutter in exactly the right moment.
And I like the grumpy fish in their bottle...

Thanks Bernd, appreciate the comments

Beautiful shot of the fish - nicely lit and composed and I just love the texture and colours in that rusty metal pipe. I like the b&w pano best for the old pier.

@Carl Ayling, thats a plastic bottle :)

Wow... like Carl I thought it was a pipe - they certainly are pygmy, and I love the vibrant yellow :) The panorama works so well on the West Pier too. I'm torn between the blue and the b&w. I like the idea of the silhouette, but the cloud formations lead the eye so nicely to the pier in the others it seems a pity to lose that. At least parking is cheaper for sunrise ;)

Big

This is going back to a short visit to Cornwall, I drove past this wheat field early morning and decided to try a long exposure on it to blur out the waving wheat and smoothing the sky a bit. The big part is the big sky :)

Project 52 - Big

I think it has a bit too much noise in it as it was a bit dark!

Hi Lee,
Pairs - Agreed, it does work well for the theme, and I love the bright colours contrasting with the deep black.
Nice set of Brighton Pier there, interesting how they are all so different. I think I prefer the silhouette out of the three, because it is different.
Urban - Great piece of Urban Art, loving the way it works over the previous piece.
Big - Not my thing I'm afraid, the movement in the wheat doesn't work for me, especially as it is different from the left to the right.

Back