weekly Longimanus 52 of 2016 - Wk 37 added - Still playing catchup though

Yeah, looks a little under exposed. Well composed and might be a candidate for a square crop. Looks like the clouds were not moving very fast, none the less, a dramatic photograph.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, I'm gonna look at the square crop now :)

Vast is a great panoramic shot, very dramatic sky.

B&W is a great photo of the Old Pier in Brighton, I think it works very well, but I agree with Andy that you might want to thing about losing a bit of the sky.

Good choice and execution Lee. Like the sharp details of the pier contrasted by movement of sky and tide.

B&W - I like it, nicely framed and good details, the exposure gives it some drama I feel

Some expertly done land/seascapes Lee. (y)

Simple's quite incredible too.

Some expertly done land/seascapes Lee. (y)

Simple's quite incredible too.

David, very kind with the comments, the kite was something that I have never attempted before from a subject point of view or a processing point of view, so I am well pleased with it

Hi Lee

Another good catch up of images, that shark image is stunning !!!

As for the B&W Image, love the symmetry of the posts and the movement in the clouds, please to see a portrait crop too :)

Thanks, those sharks that day were so cool, Ive travelled to a few nice places around the world to dive with sharks, but that was my best encounter yet and it was in the UK, how much better can it get!

Like the revised crop Lee, haven't the luxury of being by the seaside ! Quite envious to say the least.
This would be a great project for the four seasons

Ancient

Bodiam Castle / Project 52 - Ancient
by Shark Seeker, on Flickr

Took a trip out to Bodiam castle this morning, this would be the second time Ive been out to have a go at photographing this place, first time I left the camera at home :-0, this time there was some construction work going on so I couldn't get the shot that I wanted! Hopefully 3rd time lucky then!

There wasn't much of a sky today so I used the 10stop filter again to try and create something pleasing

Some nice strong images good compo, love the stone image, gives a nice warm sucure feeling, the pier shot looks nice:)

Like the revised crop Lee, haven't the luxury of being by the seaside ! Quite envious to say the least.
This would be a great project for the four seasons

Superb catch up Lee - got some stunners in there! Great job on them all - but I'm especially liking the landscape shots Stone / Lone / Serene! (y)

Great dramatic shot the pier - I like the square crop a lot, it suits the symmetry of your take I think. I really need to get down there and have a go...although I'm a bit intimidated by all the wonderful interpretations out there!

Another smashing shot Lee, love the softness of the sea and clouds against the dark pier and the pillars, have looked at both and I think the square crop does work well.

Thanks all for the kind comments, Im slowly catching up now!

Good job with ancient, good details and tonal range with nice soft water and some interest in the sky.

Yes, you managed well with that sky Lee and I do like the movement in those reeds in the fg. :clap:

Lee,

Nice trio of images there for Stone / Lone & Serene. When I saw the first without the other 2 I wondered why you hadn't used it for Serene, but after seeing the 3, I can see why.
great use of long exposure, especially on the third.

Simple - Certainly fits the bill. Whilst BIF aren't my thing, I can see how it works here in High Key. I might refrain from posting it on the nature sub forums though, I would suspect the pp wouldn't be their thing.

Life - Now that is a great shot, superb colours and really does show it to be one of nature's submarines.

Vast - Fits the theme, I think the dark processing works, adding to the stormy feel.

B&W - Well framed shot, works nicely in B&W.

Ancient - I thought that was Bodiam. Nice capture of the grass moving vs the sharpness of the castle.
Of course if I were there, I might have been taking shots of Tenterden.

@LC2 thanks for the comments, appreciate it

The castle is Bodiam, just not the shot I had in mind, I wanted the entrance shot with the walkway leading into the entrance, just got to go back again now

wide ish angle I like that almost in-your-faceness

plus the long exposure showing FG interest plus smooth water & sky. (y)

Life - amazing shot, are their eye's really that big or is it the fish-eye lens exaggerating it. Must be a great experience swimming with them.

Vast - good choice for the theme. The way it's processed, although a little dark, initially gave me the impression of a giant wave coming into a beach.

B&W - I like the square crop and the sense of symmetry in it.

Ancient - Although you couldn't get the view you wanted I think this works well. Good choice with the 10 stopper and getting the smooth water and movement in the clouds.

Hi Lee.
Liquid. Great dreamy shot. Love it. Nothing more to add (y)
Flora. Fantastic colours, great concept. have another (y).
Fauna. Sod getting that close to one of those buggers. I prefer your coloured shots, but regardless, it works.
Activity. So when are you changing your forum name to Jacques Cousteau?
News - Great clarity in that shot, far better than my effort.
After. lol at the commentary. and lol at his "superman" pose (which is where I thought this was going just looking at the shot).
You've got great colour and clarity running through the catchup. :clap:

Really stunning shots Lee. I particularly like Flora - who would have thought to combine those two images but the effect s are super; News - always fascinated by shots of the moon, terrific detail; After - is the squirrel in the German military?

Like the artiness of Liquid ... and the lush colour of Flora. (y)

Hi Lee.
Liquid. Great dreamy shot. Love it. Nothing more to add (y)
Flora. Fantastic colours, great concept. have another (y).
Fauna. Sod getting that close to one of those buggers. I prefer your coloured shots, but regardless, it works.
Activity. So when are you changing your forum name to Jacques Cousteau?
News - Great clarity in that shot, far better than my effort.
After. lol at the commentary. and lol at his "superman" pose (which is where I thought this was going just looking at the shot).
You've got great colour and clarity running through the catchup. :clap:

Thanks Tim, don't believe everything you read about Sharks, I had about 15 of them circling around me when I took that :) I can't help myself with the underwater images, its what I enjoy doing!

Really stunning shots Lee. I particularly like Flora - who would have thought to combine those two images but the effect s are super; News - always fascinated by shots of the moon, terrific detail; After - is the squirrel in the German military?

Thanks Carl, those caves were brilliant, I just needed to find some foreground subjects to make it a good image!

Like the artiness of Liquid ... and the lush colour of Flora. (y)

Thanks David, appreciate the comments :)

That squirrel picture was only loaded to Flickr for a quick win for this project, its gone a bit crazy and everyone is liking it, the funny thing is the focus isn't even right :)

What an enjoyable catch up Lee. Great conversion on Bodiam and the LE adds plenty of interest - one of those places I keep meaning to get to. Your flora shot is wonderful - so two separate shots combined? Who would know?! Love the pose of your red squirrel, too. The BWC is such a great place :)

Good catch up, flora is very good I think. I was trying to get the super-moon for news too but we didn't get the weather. Excellent squirrel shot, it's a wonder it doesn't fall over.

What an enjoyable catch up Lee. Great conversion on Bodiam and the LE adds plenty of interest - one of those places I keep meaning to get to. Your flora shot is wonderful - so two separate shots combined? Who would know?! Love the pose of your red squirrel, too. The BWC is such a great place :)

I think I have confused people with Flora, this isnt 2 images together, what I meant was that I had originally thought of a coral scene, but instead I did the coral scene in the caves to include the lighting, sorry for that :)

Good catch up, flora is very good I think. I was trying to get the super-moon for news too but we didn't get the weather. Excellent squirrel shot, it's a wonder it doesn't fall over.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it, I ve just got to tray an catch this up now before the end of the year!

Back