Mamiya Medium Format owners group

Been giving thought about possibly selling my Suzuki 1000cc V-Strom and maybe changing to the likes of a 400cc or 650cc Suzuki Burgman scooter, I'm hardly getting to use my large/lardy bike this year.
See what happens...

regards;
Peter

Well Peter I can tell you a CB250cc rebel is boring, but I don't care pottering around country lanes and getting 70-80 mpg looking at things of interest to photograph.

The council have decided to make Slough even uglier like in the link...h'mm two exhaust pipes that do what in a bus station? Seems a good idea for a challenge.....a shot of the ugliest building in your area and along side another shot on how you have turned it into a thing of beauty lol if possible.
http://inhabitat.com/worm-like-slou...to-pedestrian-access/slough-bus-station-lead/

Blimey. That's, erm, different. I like how they've blown the colours in the first picture, makes Slough look almost bearable.

Ok, I can't keep it up, I really like that bus shelter. It's different, challenging and gives a bit of character to a place that's sorely in need of it. I only hope that there'll be something similar in Reading once they finish work on the area around the railway station. :)

Well the way I look at it is:- the architect had persuaded a gullible council that two exhaust pipes give better weather protection to people waiting for buses, than a stylish well designed conventional roof...the last time I was there the metal had gone a dull grey and they have put wire netting between the tubes and I assume because of pigeons.:rolleyes:

So you've finally geo your bike back on the road, well done Brian. No excuse now for not turning up at film meets, maybe we should organise the next one in Slough? @Carl Hall did say he didn't want the next one oop north.

Ha I don't mind going up to the cold and barren lands in the North, but as the Lake District is 5+ hours away I'd have to make a bit of a long trip of it I think :)

Can anyone reccomend me a tripod for my RZ?
Currently using the Manfrotto Art 58..... Fantastic, sturdy & automatic....BUT heavy as hell these days lol. Need something sturdy but more light weight

Thanks for that info Steven.... Is the head detachable? £60 sound good as I was expecting to pay around £200

Thanks for that info Steven.... Is the head detachable? £60 sound good as I was expecting to pay around £200

It has a large threaded bolt atop the legs which the head screws onto, I understand that some calumet gear is designed to be compatible with some Manfrotto gear so you might be able to just swap it over.

I have just bought a better tripod for my rb67 I got a pair of slik 300 legs and a slik 700 heaf used of the bay for 60 bucks delivered

So you've finally geo your bike back on the road, well done Brian. No excuse now for not turning up at film meets, .

@excalibur2 Brian, How's about bobbing up to Whipsnade during the first weekend of june to show your T70 off at the méga meet.
It's not London nor is it a thousand miles to travel.
Besides you'll get to meet me.....what more could you ask for:D

@excalibur2 Brian, How's about bobbing up to Whipsnade during the first weekend of june to show your T70 off at the méga meet.
It's not London nor is it a thousand miles to travel.
Besides you'll get to meet me.....what more could you ask for:D

Ok great. Asha any day would do, but it has to be a day with no rain as I'll be using a motorcycle...any reason Whipsnade was chosen as all I can think of is Dunstable downs or the zoo.
Just noticed as this thread is for Mamiya I'll lug my RB67 up as well..no problem with a backpack.

Last edited:
No idea why whipsnade is the chosen location ....i had no say in the décision! Lol

I'd bring my RZ as it's one of me favourite caméras but i aint lugging it from here..... Besides would need a tripod too..

I'll travel lighter tho still with something MF.

No idea why whipsnade is the chosen location ....i had no say in the décision! Lol

I'd bring my RZ as it's one of me favourite caméras but i aint lugging it from here..... Besides would need a tripod too..

I'll travel lighter tho still with something MF.

I'll be using the prism with a 50p bootie L bracket so you can see if it's worth while getting one or if you like the madness in my method ;)

Ok great. Asha any day would do, but it has to be a day with no rain as I'll be using a motorcycle...any reason Whipsnade was chosen as all I can think of is Dunstable downs or the zoo.
Just noticed as this thread is for Mamiya I'll lug my RB67 up as well..no problem with a backpack.

That meet is the Mega Meet, pay to register, I think (tho Asha may be staying on)...

OH!

I wanna play..

E2A: With a Mamiya RB loaded with 50asa Fomapan.

Last edited:
OK, I have to ask E2A?

Thanks Steve. You young'uns and your street slang :rolleyes:

Why will you be driving with no weather gear?

Well Nick cos I'm a fair weather cyclist and motorcyclist now, and would find it more dangerous on wet roads with so much traffic around, also all my wet gear was thrown away about 15 years ago ;) In fact with my other older motorcycle (I have two) I bought in 1984, I've never driven it in the rain and it looks new and when I took it to Northern France was lucky to have dry weather.
So h'mm I haven't driven in the rain for 31 years :eek: but wait.... I did get caught in a heavy shower on my cycle one day. :(

Well Nick cos I'm a fair weather cyclist and motorcyclist now, and would find it more dangerous on wet roads with so much traffic around, also all my wet gear was thrown away about 15 years ago ;) In fact with my other older motorcycle (I have two) I bought in 1984, I've never driven it in the rain and it looks new and when I took it to Northern France was lucky to have dry weather.
So h'mm I haven't driven in the rain for 31 years :eek: but wait.... I did get caught in a heavy shower on my cycle one day. :(

Got a link:- http://photography.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p12-19562-0598162--megga-meet-2015.html but it seems I'll have to pay at the door on the day which will be a Saturday (re link:-You can apply for tickets once the booking office is officially open) , as I'm coming by motorcycle I definitely won't want to drive with no weather gear if it rains.

Be there.......

or else :bat:

:D

Make im shoot yerr T90 all day Bri.....go on....make im

s'fair trade I reckon..:D

Be there.......

or else :bat:

LOL even if I turn up like a drowned rat erm if you could see a drowned rat wearing a wet backpack..but as you all would be so disappointed not handling a T70 I suppose I could take a boring car if the weather is not good.:D

It has a large threaded bolt atop the legs which the head screws onto, I understand that some calumet gear is designed to be compatible with some Manfrotto gear so you might be able to just swap it over.

Thanks very much for this info..... If it works for you then I'm sure it will be ok for me.... I have just ordered it lol

So how many filmies are definitely going to Whipsnade....... Nick and Asha? As I wouldn't go if the very nice photographers attending ( who I don't know) were all\just digi guys.

I don't think I would fit in here at my nearest camera club.....look at the digi gear they are using :D mind you in shot 5 my film shot of a humming bird moth is just as good. :rolleyes:
http://thephotographicangle.co.uk/b...-chalfonts--gerrards-cross-camera-club-p-115/

There should be about 8 of us I think Brian, maybe a couple more.

There should be about 8 of us I think Brian, maybe a couple more.
It originated as thé TP mega meet..........now it's the TP mega FILM meet......digiyites welcome if they can stand thé (deadslow) pace :D:D

Last edited:
It originated as thé TP mega meet..........now it's the TP mega FILM meet......digiyites welcome if they can stand thé (deadslow) pace :D:D

Ah! I thought it all originated on the digi forums (go there once in a blue moon ;))...ok what's the procedure...do I email Yve to buy a ticket in advance (or whatever) ?

Ah! I thought it all originated on the digi forums (go there once in a blue moon ;))...ok what's the procedure...do I email Yve to buy a ticket in advance (or whatever) ?

Yeah i think you pm Yv ......its différent for me being a foreigner n all that! :D

Here's the original thread that I saw and yes, email Yv and she'll send you payment details. I think you might be out of luck if you wanted to stay in the local pub but there's a travel tavern type place not too far away should you decide to stop over.

Here's the original thread that I saw and yes, email Yv and she'll send you payment details. I think you might be out of luck if you wanted to stay in the local pub but there's a travel tavern type place not too far away should you decide to stop over.

Thanks but I don't live too far from Whipsnade...last time I was at Dunstable downs (near Whipsnade) there was a gliding club there if anyone is interested in taking shots or you can always bring a kite along :D

Dunstable downs (near Whipsnade) there was a gliding club there if anyone is interested in taking shots or you can always bring a kite along :D

Darn it, i could have saved an air fare.......bedsheet, couple of bamboo sticks, bit of twine and a decent breeze from the South :D

Darn it, i could have saved an air fare.......bedsheet, couple of bamboo sticks, bit of twine and a decent breeze from the South :D

Well it could point you out at the meet as if the other guys are coming Sunday, there could be just you and me on saturday :D

:wideyed::wideyed:

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

:D:D:D:D ..b.. bu.. but Asha if you are alone you'd be amongst all those digi guys;)
Actually who is going Sat or Sunday as I assume when you get one ticket in advance you can turn up either day..I only chose Sat as my grandchildren always come on a Sunday (but I don't exactly know what sun until a few days before)....so the day more filmies come, then more the merrier................................................

Back