weekly *manda* updated

Oooer. I'm glad I don't take your walk to work. I don't think I'd step outside the house. I especially like your fear of strangers; the lighting, shadey character and vignetting with a low camera make for a really moody and frightening scene. I like the fear of oppression too. It makes me think of the old B&W POW films. Nice.

Thanks for your comments.

Processing = here are my tutorials for photoshop that I made a few years ago.

Portrait | Dark toned Portrait | HDR post processing

iphone images = I use snapseed for most of my images, I tend to press each preset until I find one that suits the image.

I wrote a quick & dirty tutorial for Graeme here to explain how I use 'dodge and burn', this can be done in photoshop, the brush in LR or selective adjustments with the snapseed app on the phone.

Thanks Mandy

Last edited:
Hi Mandy

#1 Direction - good colours against the monotone floor - definite order of 'this way' (y)
#2 Fear- Not sure I got this and then when I saw your out-takes I was much more impressed with the 'stranger' and the 'barbed wire' to me these are more fear provoking. Good composition throughout

Really like the Fear of strangers shot! For me this fits the theme a lot more than the one you have chosen. Good stuff though, looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Week 3/52 *SIGH*

I can't take credit for this idea - the sated sigh after a large Sunday lunch. My hubby suggested the idea and offered to cook the meal too!

There is quite a lot of distortion brought about by my different angles (should have used a tripod) and when I resized the images to fit the diptych. I'm hoping you'll forgive me!

Also, I'm trialling a new action I made new action based on recommendations for FB uploads [1st picture only].

3/52 project *sigh* by M@ndy, on Flickr

Outakes:
Sigh, I've lost my mitten

Sigh, I missed the biker in my shot again!

I'll post my instagram images later in the week, again, they are more interesting than my chosen images ... but they have nothing to do with *sigh* at all!

Have a good week every one, Mandy

PS - I've updated the grid.

Last edited:
I like all of these, but no 1, is the one i relate to sigh more than the others

no 1 for "sigh", but really like all the images you have posted so far. The lost glove works well with the focus point and the dof.(y)

I like image 1 a lot. You are very brave eating that huge meal just for us!!!!!

Hi,

I like all your pictures, the fear one especially sent a chill down my spine. The third one in the 'sigh' category with the missing biker actually made me lol.

Good job

Matt

Hi Amanda and welcome to the 52, my first visit to yours :)
My word you are full of ideas!! I struggle for one on each theme :D
I am liking your work and unlike others i did get the fear factor from number 2,
Keep the ideas coming (You can share some if you like :D)
I'll pop back later to see how you're doing,
good luck with the next 49
Best wishes
Cliff

I'm really liking your 52 so far!

As my 13 month old just today lost one of her mittens while we were out I think you can guess which pic is my fav! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Hi Amanda,

Great pics for the 52 so far.
I would have used the Fear of Strangers shot, as that's my favourite with the shadows and no escape routes to be seen.

Agree with your Sigh 1 pic. It suits the theme great.
Looking forward to the rest

Chris

Again you've come up with a great selection of images.

The pink glove is a beautiful shot, lovely DOF.

Hi, wow, you've been busy.

I have to say, overall, your photographs are really, really good. Well exposed, focused and I'm liking the processing to emphasise the subject matter.

Fear: 'Fear of strangers' is a cracker. Low perspective, cracking processing and hidden face. Yeah, nice (y)

Sigh, 'Sigh, I've lost my mitten' well spotted. Like all, just the RH post are a bit :thinking:, I'd have been tempted to move it :nono:

Cheers.

Thank you one and all for your comments, I think we are all finding it hard to catch up with each other's posts.

Here are my instagram piccies for week 3, thanks Mandy

Watcha mean they are nothing to do with *sigh*?

Amanda, really liking Sigh... works great nicely processed into the Diptych.

Like the mitten shot best :)

mmmm...nuts :)

great detail, although i'd have been tempted to go even more simple and use only two nutty treats (only because i'd probably eat the others):)

I REALLY like sweet; the tones are beautiful! I think next week I should concentrate on getting a lovely photo, rather than trying to come up with something original for the theme. Yours shows how good a shot can be if you just try to get the best possible photo of some sweets, rather than spending ages re-inventing the wheel :)

It works, I'm wondering if a clean background (rather than the marked wood) would have enhanced the image :thinking:

It works, I'm wondering if a clean background (rather than the marked wood) would have enhanced the image :thinking:

For me, I think probably not. I think the way the tones in the wood match the tones in the sweets works very well, and I think the grain gives it a very rustic feel that goes well with the nuts.

Hi Amanda,

Loving all your photos, they're all very well composed and shot.
Direction:- brilliant idea, the red shoes make the shot for me.

Fear:- Fear of oppression shot works really well.

Sigh;- Love the colours in the lost mitten shot

Sweet:- don't think it's lame at all...I rather like this one.

Look forward to seeing what you do next.

Carol

Sweet i also like this, and thing the tones and scars in the wood compliment the nuts

Another great interpretation, although I'm sure you'll be uploading another anyway. That's how you roll ;)

Back