Marks 52 the next 6 months..... Week 52 Texture and I'm done!

Sorry but I really don't like this much...:(

Yes it fit the theme, but it's not your best work I've seen to me it feels off balance with this crop...:thinking:

Last weeks shot was brillaint...so I'll let you off for this weeks shot...;)

I'm not too keen on the crop but the idea is good and the colours have come out well.

The sewing basket in my house would do better for this week's "confusion" !:LOL::LOL:

Self, very strong portrait. well done :clap::clap:

Organised...very!!! :clap:

I had to have a little chuckle... becuase sewing kit was my first idea too! Louise's is far more organised than mine though so I had to abandon that idea.

It definately fits the theme and I think you have done well with the subject - I just don't think the theme lends itself to exciting shots. Someone will prove me wrong now... you watch!

Thank you (y)

Wow, that is organised!
Nice work. Looks good with that crop as well. It would definitly have lost it's impact if it hadnt have been cropped in that manner.

I'm lucky to have such an organised wife, otherwise this week really would have been hard:LOL:

Good take on the theme, and I really like the crop that you've used to give it some more impact.

If I'm honest, as photos go it's not really exciting me much but I think that's the theme and not you.

If I'm honest neither do I, thanks for the comments.

(lazy git, ain't I!)

Yes, but thanks!

Love the colours, meets the theme but I would have like to have seen it from a less straightforward viewpoint maybe making us think a bit about what we were looking at?

You're ahead of me anyway ! As usual!

You're probably right John, I tried a few but none of the others seemed to work, probably due to my lack of motivation for this theme:bonk:

It seems there needs to be one tidy person in a household (to provide fodder for themes like this ) That's a very organised sewing box.

I like the shot - the colours work well, it meets the theme, and the only suggestion I can make is to crop the edge of the box at the top to correspond with the bottom. Good effort for an uninspiring theme, Mark.

Jean

Thanks Jean and yes there must be one, I don't know how she puts up with my disorganisation.

That really is tidy, good shot to Mark. The colours are good and the image is sharp.

Thank you

almost did something similar myself....

I find the crop a bit awkward if I am honest....

difficult theme but a nice idea...

Thanks, is it awkward because it's not a standard crop?

Sorry but I really don't like this much...

Yes it fit the theme, but it's not your best work I've seen to me it feels off balance with this crop...

Last weeks shot was brillaint...so I'll let you off for this weeks shot...
That's ok, I'm not overly keen on it either. Perhaps I set the bar to high last week.

I'm not too keen on the crop but the idea is good and the colours have come out well.

The sewing basket in my house would do better for this week's "confusion" !

Thank you, again is the non standard crop?

Self, very strong portrait. well done

Organised...very!!!

Thanks Corky

Week 48...only 4 more to go:clap:

Another tough week though, I have made use of the crowbar here, but the opportunity presented itself so here it is.

Even nature gets confused sometimes.

Thanks

Mark(y)

That's seems pretty much on theme for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's a flower in bloom on what looks like a decaying plant? Not bad at all. I quite like it as a photo too. Something interesting about it that makes you look twice.

I like that - it is a nice picture in its own right and fits the theme quite well. (y)

Similar in theme to Jeans and topical I guess as well :D Doesn't grab me as much as some of your other work Mark but I note the use of the crowbar so well done for getting one in and on theme :)

Yes fits the theme...:clap:

Not to sure about the look of this one...:shrug:

Not your best work but a good effort all the same...(y)

Great minds ..... :LOL:

This is obviously The Last Rose of Summer (I think it's a song title?) so the flower's bound to be a bit battered by the weather. I like the black background - it sets it off very well, and I can only wholeheartedly agree that you're bang on theme with this one. :LOL:

Jean

It fits the theme nicely Mark. A very confused flower, especially given the temperatures we've been having (y)

Hi Mark :wave:

What a striking (and intimidating) SP. Framing, sharpness, conversion are all spot on. One of the best SPs I've seen. You should be really proud of it :clap::clap:

Organised - Spot on for the theme. Sharp in all the right places and the colours look spot on to me. But it's the angle of the shot, and the uneven crop that doesn't work for me. Could you have taken a directly overhead shot? Or a tight overhead shot of the reels on the bottom left as a kind of abstract?

Confusion - The plant is definitely confused. Great colour and DoF but just wondering if a square crop might have suited it better :shrug: But spot on theme :clap:

There's something very appealing about that shot for confusion . . . aside from being a good take on the theme, it's one that I want to keep looking at.

I don't really know why. :thinking: A half dead rose shouldn't really be that interesting, but it is. I think it's the delicate yellow of the rose against the dark black of the wood in the background.
:shrug: Whatever it is, it works for me so you've done a great job of it (y)

I agree with Jill that maybe a square crop wold work better . . . but I still like it as it is . . .

I seem to be so busy at the moment, and know that I have been very slow in commenting on threads. I will catch up with you all and thanks to all of you who have commented on my thread to date. Can't believe there's only three more weeks to go!

anyway music an easy theme or so I thought! Trouble is I've done the flute and sheet music shot already, I've done the guitar grunge shot, I've done the spinning record...damn whats left. So I went abstract (ish).

Thanks Mark

Wow I don't know what I'm looking at....:nuts:

But I do like it...is it a speaker or something, not sure it would say music to me but it's a great abstract all the same...:clap:

Getting tougher to find the time now, so well done Mark...(y)

I immediately thought of a speaker so bang on theme for me! Photo isn't bad. The DOF adds interestingness. Getting hard alright over the last few weeks, and I only joined half way through... what's 52 full weeks going to be like :eek:

Wow this does my head in - one minute its concave on the left of the frame next convex on the right!!

Nice detail and and orginal take on the theme too :)

:agree: with John... depending on where you look at it, it's concave of convex... :nuts:... excellent abstract shot. I'd have to say I think it's the centre of a speaker cone... and therefore bang on theme.

Thanks for the kind words folks, it is indeed a speaker. If you like the way this one appears to change between concave and convex check the outtake on my flickr page. I spun it through 90.

Very clever - really good abstract (y). Just a pity the UFO hotline has just closed :D

Organised, lovely colours - very organised!

Confusion - yeeees, seen a lot of that, I like this, the colour is lovely but of course it isn't summer and therefore colour isnt great and this shot shows that spot on.

Music, love it actually! Looks like a speaker to me too!

Very clever - really good abstract (y). Just a pity the UFO hotline has just closed :D

Nice abstract and very clever - I love the optical illusion with it (y)

DOF's working well too. I really like the blur / glow on the RHS.

Organised, lovely colours - very organised!

Confusion - yeeees, seen a lot of that, I like this, the colour is lovely but of course it isn't summer and therefore colour isnt great and this shot shows that spot on.

Music, love it actually! Looks like a speaker to me too!

Thank you all for the kind comments, much appreciated(y)

And so the last theme before Christmas... please can we have a simple one next week.

I couldn't get inspired for this shot, so you've got a filler.:rules:

Thanks for looking and merry Christmas to you all.(y)

Bang on theme anyway! Lighting is very good in this. Shadows nicely softened. Nice work (y)

And Merry Christmas to you too :)

Bang on theme anyway! Lighting is very good in this. Shadows nicely softened. Nice work (y)

And Merry Christmas to you too :)

Thank you, I couldn't be bothered to set the studio lights up on this one, or last weeks for that matter, both were taken with a Cobra flash on camera. The difficulty is it's a Pentax flash so no metering, I've found ISO200 f8 at 1/160 - 1/200 seems to get the desired results though:)

He He He Anadin seems very popular this week...:LOL:

Glad I got mine in first for once...:p

I think yours though has a more interesting layout so...:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Merry Christmas Mark...(y)

Nicely laid out and very nice lighting - I know from my own experience that it is not easy. (y)

Looks good to me. I have just got myself a flash unit, so know that it is a challenge to get to grips with a flash.
Would look good with some loose aspirin tablets in the foreground.

Very nicely done Mark. A good layout. It was uninspiring wasn't it...

Merry Christmas Mark

Catch up time for me, Mark.

Music: Yep, definitely a speaker! I didn't 'get' the optical illusion though until everybody else commented on it - now it's doing my head in too! Very clever shot and you've certainly had a fantastic variety of mucis in your 52. :clap::clap::clap:

Pain: For somebody who was lacking inspriation, you've produced a cracking good, technical shot. Nowt wrong with it at all. (y)

Merry Christmas and plenty of music making, Mark. :)

Jean

It might be a fill in shot but it's technically just about spot on (minor nigglette, the front packet is a tad soft for me)

Good composition abd definitely spot on for the theme (y)

Merry Christmas Mark

Back