Marks 52 - Week 26 Night

Finally I have the internet again.:clap:

Just about settled into the new house, which is a good thing as the new puppy arrives tomorrow. (y)

Anyway this was week 7. I'm not happy with it, but given everything that was happening last week I'm amazed I got a shot at all.

This Fakenham market, happens every thursday and is usually busier than this. :bang:

thanks

Mark(y)

Mark, you've finally moved :woot::woot:

And well done for getting a picture in as well (y)

It definitely works as a crowd shot as you can sense the bustle. I think the only thing I would have changed to focus more on the people would be to have cropped it a little tighter at the bottom so that the man's feet are heading almost into the corner of the shot. But that's just my taste.

But a good shot nonetheless. And I bet you're looking forward to the puppy. Glad you've got the move over, bet that's a weight of your mind :eek:

Thanks Jill

see what you mean about the bottom of the picture. I wasn' sure whether it would leave any space for him to walk into, but a quick look suggests it works.

Mark

Mebbe.... haven't actually changed the picture yet, just scrolled the bottom off the page to see what you meant:confused::D

personally i would have liked a slowwwwer shutter speed to blur thefolks that are walking but hey thats just me.

nice to see you back stranger....:wave:

md(y)

personally i would have liked a slowwwwer shutter speed to blur thefolks that are walking but hey thats just me.

nice to see you back stranger....:wave:

md(y)

Blur...hmmm can't pp that. :nuts:

Truth is I can't find my tripod, it's around here somewhere:bang:

Mark(y)

Good shot ... but ... maybe zooming in/cropping to the busiest part of the crowd would increase the "crowdiness" of the shot?

Thanks for the comments folks, if this theme comes up again I'll have some ideas for doing better.

I had a couple of ideas but to be honest struggled for any really innovative ideas. So here it is Monopoly a game about wealth creation. I wanted to do something about houses built on sand etc to reflect current times, but ran out of time.:shake:

Things I've learnt.

1 Even in the most hectic of weeks I can do this challenge, they may not be my best shots but I have got them. I have more motivation than I thought.:)

2 Sometimes you just have to go with the simple things

I'm sure others will have done a similar thing, and I'm sure that they'll be better than mine

Catch up: Well done on the move and I like your crowd shot - colours, sharpness and the looong shadow of the guy on the right all appeal :) Well done!

Monopoly: well I think, like Angela's shot, yours shows more wealth and interest than mine! Good dof and lots to look at! Nice angle too!

And remind me not to play you at Monopoly :)

Mine was rather conservative compared to yours :D

Your motivation is shining through (y)

I like this shot, not only is the DoF spot on, I think you've also done a really good job of laying out the huge number of elements you have there. Plus this is reasonably out of the box :clap:.

If you were going to reflect modern times you'd have to have all the cards turned over to show they've been mortgaged with the boot instead of the car.

Catch up: Well done on the move and I like your crowd shot - colours, sharpness and the looong shadow of the guy on the right all appeal :) Well done!

Monopoly: well I think, like Angela's shot, yours shows more wealth and interest than mine! Good dof and lots to look at! Nice angle too!

And remind me not to play you at Monopoly :)

Mine was rather conservative compared to yours :D

You're to kind John, and I'm rubbish at Monopoly:LOL:

Your motivation is shining through (y)

I like this shot, not only is the DoF spot on, I think you've also done a really good job of laying out the huge number of elements you have there. Plus this is reasonably out of the box :clap:.

If you were going to reflect modern times you'd have to have all the cards turned over to show they've been mortgaged with the boot instead of the car.

Thank you Simon, why I didn't think of turning the cards over I don't know:bonk:

Mark(y)

Nice one Mark, It's amazing how three people who have never met and probably lead very different lives all came up with similar ideas. The fact that your dice are positioned in exactly the same way as mine is a bit scary. (you dont happen to know what I'm doing next month do you :LOL:)

Seriously I of course like the idea that goes alongside your picture and its a good shot.

It is nice that although we chose the same subject they are all different. I have enjoyed this week (even if it has been manic)

DoF spot on and the angle of view gives a good perspective on the layout of pieces. Nice colours too. Great shot.:clap::clap:

Nice one Mark, It's amazing how three people who have never met and probably lead very different lives all came up with similar ideas. The fact that your dice are positioned in exactly the same way as mine is a bit scary. (you dont happen to know what I'm doing next month do you :LOL:)

Seriously I of course like the idea that goes alongside your picture and its a good shot.

It is nice that although we chose the same subject they are all different. I have enjoyed this week (even if it has been manic)

I have an idea that you and I will be taking photographs, more than that, I wouldn't want to divulge on the internet....:LOL:

Thanks for the comments(y)

Good stuff mark (y)

Your right sometimes simple stuff is the best :)

Thanks Toothie(y)

DoF spot on and the angle of view gives a good perspective on the layout of pieces. Nice colours too. Great shot.:clap::clap:
very kind of you to say so, thanks(y)

Good one!! Great take on the theme
J

Great job on both crowds and wealth - particularly with everything else you've had going on. Well done you for keeping the enthusiasm going :clap:

I like the monopoly idea and you have done well with composing all the different elements. Part of me thinks that maybe you have too much going on so although you get the overall theme of wealth there isn't a specific focus point to keep my attention.

I think Simon's idea of turning over the cards & using the boot is good - or if you could find a way of portraying your houses built on sand idea it would give the picture more impact.

Another good one from you Mark. The DoF is spot on, the colours good and it certainly fits the theme. (y)

And how the heck did you manage to find the Monopoly board when you've just moved :D

Good one!! Great take on the theme
J

Thank you(y)

Great job on both crowds and wealth - particularly with everything else you've had going on. Well done you for keeping the enthusiasm going :clap:

I like the monopoly idea and you have done well with composing all the different elements. Part of me thinks that maybe you have too much going on so although you get the overall theme of wealth there isn't a specific focus point to keep my attention.

I think Simon's idea of turning over the cards & using the boot is good - or if you could find a way of portraying your houses built on sand idea it would give the picture more impact.

I agree Simons idea would have added more to the shot. Thanks for the comments though(y)

Another good one from you Mark. The DoF is spot on, the colours good and it certainly fits the theme. (y)

And how the heck did you manage to find the Monopoly board when you've just moved :D

Thanks Jill, one of the advantages of moving to a bigger house is unpacking is easier:)

Mark(y)

Ah another Monopoly shot that I like...as I've said in other postings on here I nearly did the same thing...:LOL:
But fate took over, and ended up going out of the house for my shot.
You got a lovely DOF going there and you put in lots of elements to the shot...excellent...(y)

Great that you manage to get in your crowd shot...even with a house move...:clap: and I think it works well, I keep wanting the straighten the shot with my eyes because of the forground, but it's level with the horizon...:thinking: I think it's me...:LOL:

So have you found your tripod then :D?

errr no, not yet:bonk: it's around here somewhere, I suspect I'll have to venture into the garage.... :eek:

Ah another Monopoly shot that I like...as I've said in other postings on here I nearly did the same thing...:LOL:
But fate took over, and ended up going out of the house for my shot.
You got a lovely DOF going there and you put in lots of elements to the shot...excellent...(y)

Great that you manage to get in your crowd shot...even with a house move...:clap: and I think it works well, I keep wanting the straighten the shot with my eyes because of the forground, but it's level with the horizon...:thinking: I think it's me...:LOL:

I think it's just you too:naughty: I'll check it though.

Thanks for the comments(y)

edit: no the market place really is that wonky!

Last edited:
Catch up time for me Mark.

Sorry I didn't see your Crowds shot until now. I think you deserve

:1st:

for even finding a Crowd - most of us didn't! And the rest of us weren't moving house. :LOL:

I like the shot - it's lively, busy-looking and I'm undecided about the merits of cropping the foreground. The bit of space gives the impression of crowds 'over there' in the distance.

Week 8 - All the takes on Monopoly are good - yours included - and very different. Good use of dof.

Hope you'll be happy in your new home and hope next week's shot includes your new puppy. :)

Jean

Catch up time for me Mark.

Sorry I didn't see your Crowds shot until now. I think you deserve

:1st:

for even finding a Crowd - most of us didn't! And the rest of us weren't moving house. :LOL:

I like the shot - it's lively, busy-looking and I'm undecided about the merits of cropping the foreground. The bit of space gives the impression of crowds 'over there' in the distance.

Week 8 - All the takes on Monopoly are good - yours included - and very different. Good use of dof.

Hope you'll be happy in your new home and hope next week's shot includes your new puppy. :)

Jean

Thanks Jean I was determined to get these shots done and am pleased I have. I suspect Shumba will be involved in the identity shot somehow.

Mark(y)

another nice Monopoly shot! Nice differential focus, very nice indeed this week!

Mark, well done on completeting the move, and for finding time to carry on with this. Love the crowd shot, it really is a proper one (y)

The Wealth shot is really good, all the elements fit together nicely, to make a well rounded (well square really I suppose :D) shot. (y)

Love the dof in this - simple but effective. I always choose the car too!

another nice Monopoly shot! Nice differential focus, very nice indeed this week!

Mark, well done on completeting the move, and for finding time to carry on with this. Love the crowd shot, it really is a proper one (y)

The Wealth shot is really good, all the elements fit together nicely, to make a well rounded (well square really I suppose :D) shot. (y)

Ahh Monopoloy.. Despite being rubbish at it, I still love it!

A nice, clean shot :) Good use of DOF too!

Love the dof in this - simple but effective. I always choose the car too!

Thanks for the comments folks. Very much appreciated(y)

Mark(y)

Well what with the new puppy, this shot was always going to be dog related.

So here it is Shumba's Identity, with a couple of bits of info removed for the internet. The information is there you just have to look:naughty:

Mark(y)

What a clear, crisp and well lit image this is! Nigh on perfect :)

Colour and dof are great!

Very good interpretation of the theme too!

I like!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Mark, :agree:, that's a corker, and spot on for the theme.

Lovely colours and very nicely lit - well done!

I love the way my hound seems proud of wearing his collar - he always wants it back on pronto if we take it off for some reason. It may just be because it's familiar to him that he likes it, but in my head his collar shows he belongs to a family that love him and is not just "any dog". Fits them theme brilliantly imo :clap:

(and I hope Shumba brings you years of happiness!)

What a clear, crisp and well lit image this is! Nigh on perfect :)

Colour and dof are great!

Very good interpretation of the theme too!

I like!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Mark, :agree:, that's a corker, and spot on for the theme.

Lovely colours and very nicely lit - well done!

I love the way my hound seems proud of wearing his collar - he always wants it back on pronto if we take it off for some reason. It may just be because it's familiar to him that he likes it, but in my head his collar shows he belongs to a family that love him and is not just "any dog". Fits them theme brilliantly imo :clap:

(and I hope Shumba brings you years of happiness!)

Thank you all, I'm pleased with the way it came out as well. It was lit from above by one of my studio lights through a softbox. I love my studio lights(y)

Shumba is settling in nicely and no longer disturbing us in the night which is a relief.

Mark(y)

Class! Wish I had studio lights - no way I can get images like this! And its a cunning take on the theme :)

Back