Marks 52 - Week 26 Night

Thanks Stewart.

The lights are easily my best investment to date, excluding buying the camera in the first place.

I really like this shot. Definitely the best identity picture I've seen so far this week (except mine of course :razz:). Absolutely pin sharp where is matters and very well lit. If I had some studio lights then I'd be tempted to try out more lics like this myself.

:shrug: How can I spend all that money on some big lights and not have the missus find out? :shrug:

I really like this shot. Definitely the best identity picture I've seen so far this week (except mine of course :razz:). Absolutely pin sharp where is matters and very well lit. If I had some studio lights then I'd be tempted to try out more lics like this myself.

:shrug: How can I spend all that money on some big lights and not have the missus find out? :shrug:

Thanks Rob, high praise indeed.... can't help with the lights the missus will spot them:LOL:

super shot
lighting spot on
well done...

Thank you, glad you like it(y)

Thanks all. struggling to get through doors after all these compliments... :LOL:wisdom will bring me back down to earth!

Mark(y)

Think it's all been said...:clap:

That's so well done...:clap::clap:

and the lighting is superb...:clap::clap::clap:10/10

couldn't agree more with all the comments, the lighting really does give it great clarity and colour. Did you really obtain that DOF with f/8? Great shot! (y) :clap:

Think it's all been said...:clap:

That's so well done...:clap::clap:

and the lighting is superb...:clap::clap::clap:10/10

Thank you very much 10/10 surely there is some room for improvement(y)

couldn't agree more with all the comments, the lighting really does give it great clarity and colour. Did you really obtain that DOF with f/8? Great shot! (y) :clap:

Thanks jammy_c and yes f8 on the kit lens, tight crop with focus on the tag.

Mark(y)

always room for improvement mate . ;)

that said its a nice shot well taken. i like the dof to it

md(y)

Thanks Dave and I agree always room for improvement.:)

Mark(y)

What agreat take on the theme Mark, and personal too (y)

I know it's all been said but the Dof field is spot on, the composition is good, the lighting fantastic and the whole thing is very crisp. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well I said Wisdom would bring me back down to earth after the praise my last shot recieved. Damn this weeks theme was hard.. really hard. I had one idea and one idea only so here it is:

The only thing I could think of was the Wisdom of Solomon... not having a Bible in the house a degree of improvisation was required.
Things I've learnt:
Mental Blocks are no fun:shake:
Even when the shot is bland you still need to give some attention to the detail
Lighting a piece of paper isn't that easy.

Can we have somthing easier next week please:shrug:

Mark(y)

I like the focus on the title but the fact it isnt staright is bugging me a bit, still better than any idea i have managed to this point (y)

You've pulled it off nicely Mark. I like the highlights in red in the text, and the DOF takes you into the title well. The lighting looks good to.

I pondered that phrase Mark but had no idea how to use it :) and I do have a bible :)

Its a great interpretation and well shot..it looks pretty straight to me and I'm a fussy bugger :D

Good DOF and like the red in the title letters! :)

Where was the print from?

I like the focus on the title but the fact it isnt staright is bugging me a bit, still better than any idea i have managed to this point (y)

I know exactly what you mean, I even straightened it honest, maybe its the angle I shot it at, I just can't get it straight:bang:

You've pulled it off nicely Mark. I like the highlights in red in the text, and the DOF takes you into the title well. The lighting looks good to.

Thank you, glad you like it, the red lettering was a last minute decision.

Mark(y)

I pondered that phrase Mark but had no idea how to use it :) and I do have a bible :)

Its a great interpretation and well shot..it looks pretty straight to me and I'm a fussy bugger :D

Good DOF and like the red in the title letters! :)

Where was the print from?

Thanks John

Does it look straight the computer says yes, my eyes say not quite. :shrug:

Google gave me the text and word did the rest(y)

Great twist - I hadn't even thought about Solomon :bang:

You've done well to get the DoF so only the first line is in focus. However, I think it's too close to the top of the image. I'm guessing you made this print yourself, assuming you did I think if you could have put an image (perhaps the one with him making judgement over the baby) in the top part of the image and the title a bit further down (perhaps bottom third line) with the text under that it would have made a much stronger image.

I like the choice of text whilst it's not particularly easy to read it does kind of portray scripture quite well.

Still, a good shot in such a difficult week (y)

Mark, another great take on a theme from you (y)

It does feel a little cramped to me though as the title is so near the top of the screen, Having said that, great DoF, nice low perspective and the red letters make it stand out a little more. (y)

Great twist - I hadn't even thought about Solomon :bang:

You've done well to get the DoF so only the first line is in focus. However, I think it's too close to the top of the image. I'm guessing you made this print yourself, assuming you did I think if you could have put an image (perhaps the one with him making judgement over the baby) in the top part of the image and the title a bit further down (perhaps bottom third line) with the text under that it would have made a much stronger image.

I like the choice of text whilst it's not particularly easy to read it does kind of portray scripture quite well.

Still, a good shot in such a difficult week (y)

Mark, another great take on a theme from you (y)

It does feel a little cramped to me though as the title is so near the top of the screen, Having said that, great DoF, nice low perspective and the red letters make it stand out a little more. (y)

Thinking about it was about as far as I got, too. Well done, Mark.

I can identify with your learning points, too. :D

I would have been good to have a little more space round the text, but the dof is nicely judged. :)

Jean

Thanks for the comments all of you, apologies I haven't replied sooner or commented on your pictures yet, I've been away for a couple of days. I'll catch up later(y)

Mark:wave:

This was a tough theme for many reasons:
I was away the first part of the week
I didn't have a clue what to do, but knew it wasn't going to be couples etc
I didn't have a clue what to do!
So this is it, Shumba and us are forming our relationship, he is finding out what is acceptable and pushing (hard) to impose his own views.
This is a rare moment when he is calm and ready for a cuddle, I know dogs gain a sense of place from knowing where they stand and cuddles aren't what they need (as Ceaser Milan says, Exercise, Discipline & Affection - in that order), but cuddles are what humans want.
So Shumba cuddly with his favourite blanket, two relationships for the price of one!

cuddles aren't what they need (as Ceaser Milan says, Exercise, Discipline & Affection - in that order),

Really??? I've got a dog who'd totally disagree. :LOL:

Mark, this is a lovely capture - I bet Shumba hasn't got the hang of standing still long enough for photos yet, so very well done to catch the moment. :)

It's a very good example of Relationships - I think it takes some time to get to know a new dog in the family - especially a puppy - and to learn about his personality. It must be a hundred times harder for the dog/puppy to work out what the house rules are.

Give Shumba a cuddle from me - he's gorgeous - and don't tell Caesar Milan :naughty:

Jean

Well caught Mark, he looks a lovely fella. Of all the relasionships i have seen so far only one has been a couple tbh i am surprised at the varity :)

Really??? I've got a dog who'd totally disagree. :LOL:

Give Shumba a cuddle from me - he's gorgeous - and don't tell Caesar Milan :naughty:

Jean

Thanks Jean, I'm hoping that given time he'll get cuddly again, they were all he wanted when he came home with us. Right now (10 weeks) we are just big chew toys!

He's having a quiet moment with Louise at the moment so I'll make sure he gets your cuddle. :)

Thanks for your kind words on the photograph too

Mark(y)

lovely shot, well captured :clap:

Good capture, he looks relaxed and comfortable, so the relationship is good (y)

Just catching up with some threads, nice work maddog, I especially like your relationship picture. It is a lovely crisp photo IMHO and the subject is gorjuss!! (although of course being a doggy person I am bound to say that aren't I)

Ceasar Milan has some good ideas, but I don't agree with all of them and neither do my dogs!!:naughty:

Really didn't think I was going to make it this week. No time and no inspiration either.
Then at the 11th hour Bethan asked for some bread. Bread....penny dropped Bread & Water, how did I miss this.
Added to the theme is Bethan, her name a derivative of Bethany means, at least according to some, House of Poverty.
So there it is week 12 done....just!

I'm still not overly happy with it, but time and tide wait for no man, apparently

Mark(y)

the stable diet of those in need carbs and water. I think the shot really protrays the image of her eating it because she has noting better to eat (y)

Good composition, good expression, catchlights in the eyes, even a wee reflection in the glass.

There's a lot to like about that image, if I had to find a crit, I would like to have seen a plainer background, other than that, very good image that fits the theme very well.

Nice one.

Back