weekly Marshall194's Photo52 Week 21 temperature added

Great image for fear Chris, really works well. If you click the share tab above your image in flickr you need to grab the link and get the bb/html code, copy this and then paste into your post.

Thank for the flickr posting tip(y) I think I jumped in befor I was able to swim but hey ho also thanks for the comment

Chris
:wave:

Liking your first 2 weeks pics Chris, as others have said, great dof and pov (y)

Look forward to seeing what you come up with next - good luck with the rest of your challenge :)

Thank you it is really nice when people like your photos (y) and as for what is comming next I can't wait for sat :D

Hi Chris.....'pologies for taking sooo long to find your thread...there's just so bloomin many to get through :bonk:

Direction....yup , liking it...the angle the DOF...really good start (y)

Fear....that'll give me nightmares....nice angle to put emphasis on the cleaver , like the mono...(y)

No need to apologise for the late drop in :shrug: thanks for comming and commenting

Holy crap...if that's you in fear then it's a super, amazing, fantastic photograph, etc.

If it's not you then it's a bit meh...joking. Reminds me of a scene from Chainsaw Massacre. Just the clipped fingers and some loss of detail in the handle.

Cheers and (y)

Well it must be a bit meh then LOL:LOL: as for the clipped fingers I don't know if I cropped them or they are out of frame.
I will have a look thanks for the comments tho

Hi Chris,

Good start to the challenge, you did good job on the direction theme, I like the low view perspective.

Fear is bang on theme, very scary!

All the best with the next 50.

Carol

Hi Chris

#1 Direction - good take on the theme.
#2 fear - v . good pic. B&W is v. appropriate, excellent focus on the axe head with just enough detail of the face (so that he could be identified on Crimewatch:D) to invoke fear. Good lighting. All in all very impressive.

thanks for the comments i will pop over and see your 52 soon

Hi Chris,

Good start to the challenge, you did good job on the direction theme, I like the low view perspective.

Fear is bang on theme, very scary!

All the best with the next 50.

Carol

thank you and to you!

Like it pal, I may go for the boat shot now seein as you havn't. Hehe

The best shots IMHO :) are 2&4. The simplicity of 2 makes that one and I like the shot with jess' foot (I hope that's jess' foot if it's not you have very feminine feet lol) by the taps. Although if I'm being picky :) her foot may have worked better a little to the right of the shot. (y)

Last edited:
Like it pal, I may go for the boat shot now seein as you havn't. Hehe

The best shots IMHO :) are 2&4. The simplicity of 2 makes that one and I like the shot with jess' foot (I hope that's jess' foot if it's not you have very feminine feet lol) by the taps. Although if I'm being picky :) her foot may have worked better a little to the right of the shot. (y)

Eer no pal it's my foot (y) thanks for the complement! And I am going to take it as one and yeah go for the boat if you like(y) thanks for the Crit :D

Last edited:
Personally i prefer #4, it just has that added sigh and relaxing feel to it with some one actually in the bath.
Great take on a very very hard theme this week.

def no. 4 for me, and I know that sigh (I love soaking in a bath)

I think the foot shows it more that you are sighing because of being in the bath, rather than just someone filling a bath :)

Just catching up,

Direction really like the low down perspective and bang on theme.

Fear,,, what else is there to be said except scary bloke

Sigh, number 4 for me as well, yes laying a hot bath makes me sigh with contentment as well

I see what you were trying but don’t know if you pulled it off, I can’t work out what the focus point is in the first 3 but think you have the 4th spot on and really like it would have liked to see a bit of steam rising up don’t know how you would capture that thou.

zeb said:
I see what you were trying but don’t know if you pulled it off, I can’t work out what the focus point is in the first 3 but think you have the 4th spot on and really like it would have liked to see a bit of steam rising up don’t know how you would capture that thou.

Yes I can see your point with the first three and as for the steam in four. I wanted some and the water was red hot as I lowered my self and tripod in to it but alas no steam to be had. I even opened the window to see if that would help but no, all I got was very cold very quick!

Nothing to say that hasn't been said already. I think 4 is the shot but I agree some wispy steam would have added to it however you considered and attempted that. Well done on a hard week :D

Hi Chris,

I can almost hear the long sigh as the stresses of the day melt away in that lovely bubble bath.
No 4 is the one for me, the inclusion of a person in the shot makes a huge difference. ...I can relate to it and imagine myself running a bath like that. Great image; well done.

Carol

Hi, I'm not a foot person but #4 for me. I'd rather the bottle wasn't here as I find it slightly distracting.

They all look a tad grey and unsure if this was intentional :thinking:

Cheers.

Direction : A good idea and well implemented.
Fear : That's mean and moody looking, I think it works well, but perhaps not cropping the little finger from the fist ??
Sigh :Hmm... tricky... I think the last probably says sigh more than the others.. Not sure on leaving the squeegy (??) in the third one... A good idea for a tough theme

Like it!!! Needs more bubbles to make it truly sigh-worthy for me (is that a little gay? ;)), and I think maybe the B&W cools it down too much when you're aiming for warm and welcoming, but I do like them a lot.

Last edited:
Still playing catch up on posts :eek:

Loving the direction shot, wonderful dof and low down perspective. Fear is really good, bang on theme and v scary. Certainly no.4 of your sigh pics does it for me (y)

#1 is a brilliant photo but perhaps a bit too obvious lol, I also like #2 - I'm always trying to make those darn sugar cages and I can never get them right grrrr

Back