weekly MatCoates 52s 2013

Wild: He certainly looks wild in the first one, prefer the pose in the first one as it looks more active and the sharpness of the eye in the second

Photoshop is definitely not cheating - my "Season" week picture was done totally with illustrator (which I am trying to learn) and photoshop . Every time you use it you learn something else which is largely what I consider this challenge is about

hi Mat

Novel way to do Space but on theme & a great attempt at light writing ( I struggle with pen & paper so gawd knows how I'd manage with a light & thin air :LOL: )...like the improvisation with the stars....maybe rotating a few would add to the illusion...like it anyway (y)

Wild....#2 for me...the eye looks really sharp...if it's a big enough file size I'd be tempted to crop closer :)

Wild option 1 is my preference, fabulous composition with pin sharp head in focus and depth of field. Space, a good take and unusual. The weather has prohibited clear shots recently but a good take using all options to achieve the result (using iphone light).

Like the idea, great colours coming through there. Presentation lacking a little bit if I'm honest, the badge you've said yourself is very tired and grubby. In the first, the badge is at an angle to the shirt pocket, the corner is clipped, and the tie should really (IMO) be covering the button doing-up foldy bit.

Were you wearing the shirt here?

Hi Matt

nice straight forward take on the theme for Work (I used to work at a sainsbugs as well )..think they need to give you a new badge though !

Think I'd opt for #1 with a little revision if you reshoot...maybe a striped shirt to look more managerial & try to get the whole of the badge in focus...just a thought :)

Like number one better, Matthew, but the composition seems a bit odd, with the points of interest so much at the sides of the frame. Would it work together if they were closer to the thirds? Also the RHS of the badge is a bit out of focus; if the shirt's over a chair, could it be more square on? Nice idea though, and as said the colours look very good.

Back