Megga-meet 2015

Someone mentioned Saturday evening beers earlier in the thread and if there's a chance to have a pint and a good yarn, I'll stay the night rather than drive home ;)

Someone mentioned Saturday evening beers earlier in the thread and if there's a chance to have a pint and a good yarn, I'll stay the night rather than drive home ;)
There is always a few that get together for a couple afterwards, there is a very nice pub a couple of hundred yards away.
(The Old Hunters lodge)
It does tend to be spur of the moment, rather than an organise "meet"
But someone will always shout "Beer"? ;)

PS. Dogs are welcome at the Hunters Lodge (might be a reason why I love walking my dog so much :p), although I don't know whether they are allowed in the accommodation.

PPS. Don't forget that Whipsnade Zoo also has overnight accommodation, although it won't be cheap...

Oh and a camp ground isn't that far away for those who like that kind of thing...

Last edited:
PPS. Don't forget that Whipsnade Zoo also has overnight accommodation, although it won't be cheap...
That's a 2 day "experience thing" though. ;)
And about £160 IIRC

Perfect for a Friday and Saturday night. It might be cheaper if you choose Saturday and Sunday. Yes, as I said it is not cheap. But the megga-meet is worth it isn't it :)

The rooms above the Hunter's are closer after a few beers though! (And are very comfortable. Breakfast was good last year too.)

Cannot really drink beer to be honest, so don't particularly have an issue with driving back even if I do stop for bite to eat while other indulge in brewskis...I've changed since the last MeggaMeet I attended where the second day I was likely still a bit pished

Not sure if I will definitely make the Mega Meet but I have made a commitment at least, I have booked accommodation for an overnight stay at the Luton travelodge.
I was only able to manage one day last year at the meet, this year I hope two days are possible. I am nosey that way, think I am missing out on something :D

Not sure if I will definitely make the Mega Meet but I have made a commitment at least, I have booked accommodation for an overnight stay at the Luton travelodge.
I was only able to manage one day last year at the meet, this year I hope two days are possible. I am nosey that way, think I am missing out on something :D

@blakester ...way to go Iain...trying to get on to Travel Lodge website to do the same.....which Luton one did you book ?
@posiview...you want me to book 2 rooms ? £34 each ...if I can get the site to work !

Last edited:
@blakester ...way to go Iain...trying to get on to Travel Lodge website to do the same.....which Luton one did you book ?
@posiview...you want me to book 2 rooms ? £34 each ...if I can get the site to work !

Hmm, looks like demand for the Meggameet has crashed the website.

For info Lynne, there is the Travelodge at Luton or the one at Toddington services. The Luton one is a fair bit closer. Of course, other not so good hotels are available. ;)

Hmm, looks like demand for the Meggameet has crashed the website.
So what you are saying is the accommodation is OK but the website is crap? :p

Of course there is also that one at hockliffe, easier access to the zoo from there, and roughly between
Luton and Toddington.
It looks kinda like a travel lodge but isn't ;)

It was a Travelodge up until about 18 months ago.
Franchise now or something isn't it?
The Logo looks similar?

There is also the Holiday Inn on the A5, the swimming pool could be nice that time of year.

And a view airbnb properties as well. The nearest also got a pool :)

Last edited:
I've had my ticket confirmation from Yv, booked a room at Hunters, don't think I've ever been this organised so far in advance :D

Reactions: Yv
Indeed, ticket requests are coming in, so make sure you all get yours booked folks!! :D
Excellent news (y)

Dammit, I'm out of the country until the 6th else I'd have volunteered to setup a wetplate studio session :(

Back