Megga-meet 2015

The chances are I won't be able to make it, I don't know if I'll have a car by then and public transport is a no go, plus I have my usual child issues, but I'll keep an eye on here and tickets last minute if any, just incase I get a miracle :D
I'll give you a lift.

LOL not bad plan, at least the weather maybe better.
But as per last year, and this years nutters meet,
I'll start sourcing virgins to sacrifice ASAP (y)

That's what I was thinking, nice weather, nice ladies, nice wines what more could be asked for, (for equality purposes there's probably nice men too)

One I'm actually looking into at to moment is pricing up a trip over to Holland to photograph the tulip fields :D it would be a case of driving there...so 3 other people in the car to share travel costs could make for a resonable little photography outing :D

Good luck on the Virgin hunt front :p

Bet he isn't, that would mean revealing his true identity as superman as a wee lil fella with a toupe and string vest :D

Ha! I'm nae wee and have neither a toupe nor string vest.;)

The chances are I won't be able to make it, I don't know if I'll have a car by then and public transport is a no go, plus I have my usual child issues, but I'll keep an eye on here and tickets last minute if any, just incase I get a miracle :D
Fingers crossed then (y)
Bet he isn't, that would mean revealing his true identity as superman as a wee lil fella with a toupe and string vest :D

Funny you should say that, I had that "image" too :D

Good luck on the Virgin hunt front :p
As I mentioned in the Nutters meet thread,
One of them must have lied as it only snowed for an hour.
Its getting tough these days that for sure :D

too far to come - maybe if they have it in Gloucestershire one year ;)

IIRC the South Wales "chapter" are possibly organising a trip and will be passing not a million miles from you (probably!). I'll be doing the A303 rather than M5/4 corridor so will be a few too many miles South.

ETA that my memory is notoriously crap after brane surgery (not that it was that good before...)

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about the noise we did get rather rowdy last year :D
And tripled the population whilst halving the average age :)

too far to come - maybe if they have it in Gloucestershire one year ;)
It is actually a really good event. It seriously surprised me last year. So whilst it is 0 miles away from me, I would go and get a hotel if it was in another part of the country. Definitely worth it, it is friendly, you'll learn loads, and just enjoyable.

I'd like to suggest the south of France for a meggameet on the future :p
Tignes on the glacier is also nice in June, very cheap accomodation and flights as well.

It is actually a really good event. It seriously surprised me last year. So whilst it is 0 miles away from me, I would go and get a hotel if it was in another part of the country. Definitely worth it, it is friendly, you'll learn loads, and just enjoyable.

Twas like that in Blackpool when I attended too, really p***ed me off having to pull out of last years even...I sulked all weekend :(

Damn that cost me a glass of wine. Nice one :)

If it helps, I'm happy to pick up anyone from a local mainline station like Tring or Luton Parkway. It's no bother at all for me.

Might even offer up a 8 year old to entertain, play, search for mini beast etc. she is friendly, happy to play with anyone (children that is) just doesn't like cuddles :)

Gutted just over 200 miles each way don't think i'm going to be able to make it :(

If it helps, I'm happy to pick up anyone from a local mainline station like Tring or Luton Parkway. It's no bother at all for me.

Might even offer up a 8 year old to entertain, play, search for mini beast etc. she is friendly, happy to play with anyone (children that is) just doesn't like cuddles :)

Thank you that is kind of you, i had a quick look though and it still looks like lots of buses walking and trains changing to get there, i shall look a bit more though

It is true public transport links aren't great. I had to fill out a journey plan once when the company I worked for was moving and would have no longer parking. It basically meant that I had to leave the night before, stay in a hotel in order to get to work on time :)

If anyone was driving from the Scottish side I would be willing to share expenses, that's if I got a weekend pass. It's the only way I could do it unfortunately, easier going to the South of France!

A return with Easyjet from Glasgow to Luton is £60'ish. A car needs to be super economical to do that any cheaper. Just a thought :)

A return with Easyjet from Glasgow to Luton is £60'ish. A car needs to be super economical to do that any cheaper. Just a thought :)

Hi dejongj will have a look thanks. If I were to fly to Luton could someone pick me up and drop me off or is it on a public transport route please?

Wow that is a good price!.... Seems like it's cheaper than me trying to go from Northants lol only an hour ish away

Just had a look at Easyjet flights from Inverness I can get one on Saturday morning arriving around 11ish at Luton for about £75 return. I would have to return home on the Monday as the flights are not great time wise on the Sunday. Can anyone give me some info regard public transport or taxi fares to and from the airport please just to give me an idea if it's worth pursuing. Thanks in advance.

Just had a look at Easyjet flights from Inverness I can get one on Saturday morning arriving around 11ish at Luton for about £75 return. I would have to return home on the Monday as the flights are not great time wise on the Sunday. Can anyone give me some info regard public transport or taxi fares to and from the airport please just to give me an idea if it's worth pursuing. Thanks in advance.
The taxi firm I use, pre booked gets me from Milton Keynes to Luton Airport,
for £25 ea/way. that's about 25 miles.
the Hall from the Airport google tells me is 9 miles.
There is also a list of accommodation in a link on the front page,
I'll PM you the taxi company if you want?

It also seems there is a bus every 2 hours and takes 50 mins.

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, there is a Premier Inn up the road near the M25 [anyone of us can collect/drop you there, several of us pass it on way in/out] I checked and they wanted £70 for two nights, so definitely worth booking early on accommodation too if you need it. I am assuming the other chains will have similar early bird discounts.

Just out of curiosity, there is a Premier Inn up the road near the M25 [anyone of us can collect/drop you there, several of us pass it on way in/out] I checked and they wanted £70 for two nights, so definitely worth booking early on accommodation too if you need it. I am assuming the other chains will have similar early bird discounts.

Travelodge Luton - £62

No bias of course. :whistle:

It's only a 90-minute drive from home for me, which means it's beginning to look as though it'd be rude not to attend. :)

Back