Megga-meet 2015

Wind up??
I bloody hope so, as I know for a fact that Ruth has all the food & drink in her possession.
Either that or she is gonna run a garden party elsewhere :D

Right guys all the virgins have now been sacrificed to the sun God, not the predicted heat wave, so I know a couple lied, but it's looking good nonetheless. See you tomorrow (y)

Not to mention that I have a habit of passing out in hot temperatures! :LOL:
Your ok only one of the birds will eat carrion :p

Anyone know anywhere nearish-by that might be good for sunset photo's ?
@posiview & @Dark Knight
Whilst the downs is the obvious choice, it is rather wide open and the horizon is far away and low down...It might be the thing....

I walk our dog on the old Icknield Trail a lot which goes all around the south-east-to-west side of the Zoo perimeter to the golf course and Studham common. From there on the paths the sunset is spectacular at times and really lights up the sky. Walking distance from the venue. It is later in the evening though...After 9pm....

In Ashridge forest there are also a few good places, like near Harry Potter's tree, when you walk west there is all of a sudden an open plain with a single tree. Very nice as well.

Or on the south side of the downs near the venue is bisons hill, allegedly a dogging spot so may make for some interesting sunset pictures :)

Some clouds just passing overhead at the moment, heading East. Hard (for me) to estimate their speed but at a guess they'll be with you this afternoon (and may well be welcome!)

TBH, I'd rather be at about Fleet services now rather than waiting to go to a wedding but with a hectic few days ahead of us, it's possibly for the best that I'm staying down here. Doesn't stop me wishing you all fine weather etc. though!

Maybe next year...

Any particular place to put the photos up from today?

I'll stick a thread in General Photo sharing

Just a big thank you to all the TP staff and people who made today great (y)

Learnt a lot and picked up some tips but oh I so need to practice and get better especially at macro

:ty: all
It's a pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. :)

Had a great day yesterday, some great tips picked up on lighting that I hope to try and use, hope you all have a good day today, thanks again to Chris, Mark and all that spent so much time getting this set up again (y)

I'd agree with Dean here and although I didn't take many photographs it was good to meet folk and finally meet @SarahLee, BTW is it Friday yet, Sarah :naughty:

Cheers all.

I'd agree with Dean here and although I didn't take many photographs it was good to meet folk and finally meet @SarahLee, BTW is it Friday yet, Sarah :naughty:

Cheers all.

snap. Had a great day yesterday.

Picked up some great tips from the chap doing the macro. Also gor some great info from the guys on the reptile stand.

Big thank you to Yvonne, 2 best behave labs i have come across. And not forgetting @Cobra for bringing those 2 absolutely stunning birds.

Looks like i also met @SarahLee without knowing it, she must have been my smoking partner lol. Also got to meet Andy @posiview

Last edited:
Thanks all for a great 2 days... Some really good stuff going on and plenty to shoot though the bug meadow seemed to lack bugs but still plenty of Macro subjects about :D ;)

Thanks to all organisers for setting it all up and organising it. :) (y)

It was really lovely to meet all of you over the last couple of days and finally put some faces to names.
I hope everyone had a safe journey home afterwards.

Cheers all.

No it's NOT flipping Friday yet! :LOL:

But did you manage to locate your lone tree?

snap. Had a great day yesterday.

Picked up some great tips from the chap doing the macro. Also gor some great info from the guys on the reptile stand.

Big thank you to Yvonne, 2 best behave labs i have come across. And not forgetting @Cobra for bringing those 2 absolutely stunning birds.

Looks like i also met @SarahLee without knowing it, she must have been my smoking partner lol. Also got to meet Andy @posiview

:wave:

No it's NOT flipping Friday yet! :LOL:

But did you manage to locate your lone tree?
:wave:

@SarahLee we didn't....well, we @blondie606 @Dark Knight (+lynn) and @blakester found what we thought was the lone tree, but there were two of them :) We had a chat with a National Trust lady and asked her where the Harry Potter tree was, she said it had blown down :crying:

We researched a place of the sunset....went for a curry and it didn't happen :whistle:

Cheers.

@SarahLee we didn't....well, we @blondie606 @Dark Knight (+lynn) and @blakester found what we thought was the lone tree, but there were two of them :) We had a chat with a National Trust lady and asked her where the Harry Potter tree was, she said it had blown down :crying:

We researched a place of the sunset....went for a curry and it didn't happen :whistle:

Cheers.
Oh you should have asked me. I would have taken you there on my evening dog walk.

Perhaps next year, we can do a sunset tour :)

Well finally got home (8.30pm didn't speed honest) I am absolutely shafted but I've had great fun yet again Yvonne and Chris many thanks for organising this animals are now settled back in to their homes to everyone there don't expect me to remember all your names as I'm rubbish but it was a pleasure to meet you all
now time for sleep and then I'll post some of my pics tomorrow

Posted in the wrong place.

Some pictures now placed in" Photos from the TP Mega Meet"

Last edited:
Back