weekly mercurius's 52 in 2013 - Week 52: Water (and that's a wrap!)

HI ya

what a bizzare sight to come across ! Mono was a good choice ( unless the bedsteads were rusty in which case it might have worked well in color :LOL: )

One from the library? or is your clock wrong in your camera? exif says 6th September...

A good shot all the same, slightly dark perhaps.

Solitude. Any narrative you can give? Strange to see them in a field, abandoned like that, if they were abandoned, that it. It prefer a lower angle to exclude the trees, if possible.

Sweet, on theme and good detail, but a little flat on my ipad.

Cheers.

Solitude. Any narrative you can give? Strange to see them in a field, abandoned like that, if they were abandoned, that it. It prefer a lower angle to exclude the trees, if possible.

Sweet, on theme and good detail, but a little flat on my ipad.

Cheers.

Hi Andy, thanks for your comments and interest.

Walking along the edge of a piece of woodland which blended at one point into the end of a garden, I came across these two bedsteads standing on their own under an oak tree. I loved their rococo metalwork and wondered how they came to be there.

It was a challenge to get a decent shot, as they were in deep shade and the background was bright sun reflecting off grass. This was the only shot I have where I managed to show them separated by space - in all the others the two bedsteads overlapped - and where the light was half way acceptable. The framing isn't the best to be honest: the left bed is too close to the edge of the frame and I don't like the bough of the oak tree in the top right. But it is what it is and overall I like the oddity of it.

'Sweet' looks bright and vibrant on my calibrated screen, so not sure what is going on here.

Hi Andy, thanks for your comments and interest.

Walking along the edge of a piece of woodland which blended at one point into the end of a garden, I came across these two bedsteads standing on their own under an oak tree. I loved their rococo metalwork and wondered how they came to be there.

It was a challenge to get a decent shot, as they were in deep shade and the background was bright sun reflecting off grass. This was the only shot I have where I managed to show them separated by space - in all the others the two bedsteads overlapped - and where the light was half way acceptable. The framing isn't the best to be honest: the left bed is too close to the edge of the frame and I don't like the bough of the oak tree in the top right. But it is what it is and overall I like the oddity of it.

'Sweet' looks bright and vibrant on my calibrated screen, so not sure what is going on here.

How strange. Wonder if they'd just. Be painted or something and we're drying :thinking:

Well spotted.

Cheers.

Cut, that's an interesting idea and well taken. I'm sure it's an optical illusion but it does look slightly off compositionally.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. Yes, it is off. I've tried adjusting it but just seems to make it worse.

Hi M :wave:

Cut...different take on the them but bold & hits the spot (y) Could do with a slight cc rotation I think(maybe) & maybe decrease the blue tone...or increase it all over , whichever takes your fancy :)

Thanks, Lynne. I've tried adjusting and it makes it worse rather than better. Not a great week, think I'll move on now!

Hi M

The sax player shot is lovley , great dof, lovely focus (y) little tight at the bottom & to the lhs for me but I guess there were other distractions you wanted to keep of frame

Reflection....cute dog is always a winner for me & shot as a reflectionin glass I think you've done well , like how you got him framed in the handle :)

Holy cow. Scares the **** outa me!

Me too having trouble looking at it! I think the theme is a bit tenuous but I guess there might be a lot of that this week.

Generally I think the photo is well framed and sharp as a tack. Very well done. I would have preferred a bit more colour in the shot but the result is certainly effective!

HI ya

sorry it's taken me so long to find you :crying:

Art of nature is lovely...well placed in the frame , fab detail both in leaf & flutterby :) the little bright patch distracts but not overly so...lovely image & well thought of for the theme :clap:

Food....very different take on the theme but maybe just a little flat IYSWIM ?

HI ya

sorry it's taken me so long to find you :crying:

Art of nature is lovely...well placed in the frame , fab detail both in leaf & flutterby :) the little bright patch distracts but not overly so...lovely image & well thought of for the theme :clap:

Food....very different take on the theme but maybe just a little flat IYSWIM ?

Thanks very much for your comments. I can't work out how to do the link thing since they upgraded the site!

Hello, How are you doing? Haven't seen or heard from you for a while so I thought I'd say hello. :)

Hi M.....

the TP shoehorn has been taking a bit of a battering over the last few theme's for sure :LOL:

Friendship......love how sharp this is , fab detail in the verdigris on the bells (y)

Color.....pink walls with a red door :eek:

Sleek...yup , feathers are sleek so on theme :)

Back