Merry Xmas - what camera gear did you get ??

I am waiting for a late Santa delivery of a YN560 III flash gun and a RF603 II wireless trigger. I suspect it might be as close as Singapore by now :)

I got a Canon Eos M kit, with the 22mm and 18-55mm lenses, and a nifty new bag to put it all in from the wife. I also ordered myself a Canon 300mm f4L IS which arrived a couple of days earlier so christmas developed into something very good lol.

Another mug here ;) as I opened the nikon 24-70 box there was a moment I thought "surely they didn't get me one of these".

I've been waiting to venture in to having a go at B&W film for quite a while so had asked for some film to get started. I should have been more specific cause got 3 rolls of 120 tri-x 400 and only have my dads old 35mm camera. It's going back to get swapped so I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Well yesterday I got myself a XF1 for Christmas, does that count ?

Got the Canon mugs too - both the travel & non-travel ones from different people :)

On a more serious front, got a Lowepro 202AW & a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 that I've been drooling over for ages. It's incredible.

I got a tripod and remote shutter. I'm chuffed with them as I have been wanting to get into long exposure for a while. Just a shame I haven't had the time to use the yet. The wife thinks it's rude to go out to take photos when we have guests round.

I also have the lens mug some of you have also got.

I got a book, The British Wildlife Photography Awards - Collection 4.
217 pages of stunning pictures, makes my efforts look feeble by comparison, but gives me something to aim for.:)

I was very lucky and got a new canon 7D (which I thought would be similar to use as my 500D but appears not to be) and a lovely canon 70 - 200mm lens flask!

It seems everyone got a nice new lens flask mug!!

Hope everyone had a great christmas and has a great new year, I will be mostly trying to learn how to use my new 7D and drinking tea!

have you met my wife? "more photography gear "? "you can't carry everything you've got now" had to settle for socks. ;)

Back