Minx 52 for 2019

Hi Alison,
You've posted some lovely shots since my last visit too.
Flower - The rose is the one for me. Lovely colours and nice BG.
Old is great and very old too. Well spotted.
Life - Totally cute! What's not to like :)

Excellent series of images Alison, very well done indeed!:clap:

Whole: Very nice, fun image of a (soon to be not) whole cake....looks yummy!
Full: Yep...that's a tight squeeze for those two narrow boats! Nice, central composition - I like the symmetry.
Soft: Great macro with some super detail and colours. Sharp in all the right places and the background blur is spot on.
Dull: Great shot! Brings back all those wonderful memories of when we were forced to do all pitched in to do the washing up whilst camping. We could never get anything really clean though...but it didn't matter!! Nice bowl by the way!
Free: Stunning sunset images Alison...first class! Couldn't and wouldn't want to pick a favourite, they're both exquisite!:clap:
Near: Lovely beach image, with the boat as a terrific focal point...very interesting indeed!
Song: Great shot! Love the symmetry and contrasts...as long as you are referring to the far superior Drifters version and not the Bruce Willis version!:LOL:

Hi Alison,

You've posted more great images. I really like your sunset images for your free week. Near is very clever too. Your song image is perfect as well with nice symmetry in the shot.

Far

Far
by Alison White, on Flickr

The stone in the far distance is a Millenium stone which itself points to places near and far and gives the distance to them

Quite a catch up there Ali, and not all from the same trip judging by the dates on Flickr.
  • Borrowed - Bang on theme, good use of diagonals with the book and liking hte blue.
  • Spooky - Again more diagonals. Which I think works especially as the angel is roughly the same angle as the tops of the buildings.
  • Short(bread) - Very nice and suitably Christmassy :) Once again you have the diagonal thing going on.
  • Environment - A tad damp. I don't think I would want to sit on that bench at the moment. Nice reflection.
  • Far - A bit of a leading line I guess, vaguely pointing at the monolith in the distance.
  • Play - The weakest of the set I think, though I can see what you're doing with the silver ball framed by the tunnel.
  • Below - Inverting the photo certainly gives it a different optical effect. You could be underneath or above it. Whereas in the correct orientation you can tell you were looking down. Optical weirdness...
    The trees are okay, but the stairs for me.
  • Free Week - This looks mid autumn, not mid December. How strange.
  • Christmassy - Perhaps a little tight on the top (guessing you were cropping something out). I think I might have cropped the bottom in a bit to even it out. Worth a try?

Great catch up..are you up to date?
Borrowed great idea and effective lighting
Spooky another clever idea
Short, nice simple composition
Environment on theme, it's like that here too
Far looks like a long walk!
Play good looking through the tunnel
Below, I like those, especially the trees
Free is a lovely picture
Christmassy is spot on.

Fantastic catch up effort Alison! Tremendous work!:clap:

Borrowed: Love this image, the blue (UV?) is amazing and the composition is excellent!
Spooky: Very creative idea and well executed! I was thinking it might have been better when it was darker, but then you would have lost the 'ghostly' figure...so spot on!
Short: Excellent, simple composition, with nice placement of the shortbread pieces, and the background (tablecloth?) colour works well.
Environment: Great reflection and composition. That looks really soggy!!
Far: Nice use of intersecting lines with the contours of the hills, and a nice payoff too with the monolith in the distance...I have just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey again, so I'm hearing 'that' music at the moment!!:LOL:
Play: A nice image considering the unforgiving, rather flat light you had there.
Below: Mind-bending and brilliant! Love the first image for it's weirdness, and how it challenges ones perceptions!
Free Week: I have a bit of a thing for bulrushes too! Every time I go to my local reserve, I have to snap at least one! They're fascinating...and your image is spot on...lovely stuff!
Christmassy: Great long exposure, and the colours are superb...nice fit for the theme!

Out Takes.

Out takes
by Alison White, on Flickr

I don't keep my out takes I delete them, so today while we were out I took this, bless him he didn't realize what I was trying to do and was trying to keep out of my way till I told him to stand still and stay in the way.

Great catch up, well done on getting it finished! Nice take on an out-take, great idea and nice of him to oblige ;)

Back